SiouxSports.com Forum

FIRE RUDOLPH

geaux_sioux

I suppose it's still possible certain coaches move on to other opportunities, but this is disappointing. I thought at least Knauf would be gone. Bubba's seat just got very warm for next season, as far as I'm concerned. I will be holding back on any more football program-specific donations until November next year. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, supersioux said:

I would think Lennon would be going after the other coordinator.

He would and yet, around here, Schmitt's D gets a pass (and I agree that it's injuries) but a shoddy OLine in a run first offense still yielded 400 yards a game?? Not bad.

No one likes the injury excuse as many call for the head of players and coaches. To put injuries in perspective, Florida St was a top 10 team coming into the season. They lose their QB (one player) and now suck. Bama is still rolling but the loss of 4 LB's is starting to show. Our injuries were numerous and all over the field but this season sucked because it's the culture and it's players not caring and it's drugs and it's poor play calling and I hated what happened, but it still gets back to injuries.

(CUE the guys who say I don't have high enough standards and just want to accept a mediocre team.)

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, shep said:

No one likes the injury excuse as many call for the head of players and coaches. To put injuries in perspective, Florida St was a top 10 team coming into the season. They lose their QB (one player) and now suck. Bama is still rolling but the loss of 4 LB's is starting to show. Our injuries were numerous and all over the field but this season sucked because it's the culture and it's players not caring and it's drugs and it's poor play calling and I hated what happened, but it still gets back to injuries.

(CUE the guys who say I don't have high enough standards and just want to accept a mediocre team.)

UND lost 45-7 in the *THIRD* game of the season. The beginning was the end for this year's UND football team. Injuries weren't everything, obviously.

Players win the games, but coaches can lose them. The coaches at UND haven't been able to improvise at all when adversity hits, including going back to 2015. They accept defeat just as you did with your comment, even if you preface it. Competitiveness should never be lost with injuries if the coaching staff and depth is flexible.

UND's coaches aren't going anywhere because no one wants them - they are stale and lack innovation. Only way around it is very good players with experience.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, shep said:

Well recruiting wasn't the best a few years ago.  I remember one year we didn't get a one single recruit from the state of Wisconsin.  Not one.   At that same time NDSU was building championship teams with Wisconsin guys.    I clearly recall guys saying no big deal if we don't get guys from a certain state, plenty of others to go around.   Point is, we can't settle for just ND or western MN players.   Bubba needs to step it up, our lack of quality depth showed loud and clear.

This is complete bull$%!#!!!  BUBBA RID OF THE #%^*%# LOYALTY!!!

I have turned 180 degrees and now point the finger at bubba.  He has spoken loudly.....being average is the best you UND fans should expect to see.  This program will go nowhere with a kindergartner running the offense!!  Poor Santiago has power his way up the middle for 1 yard gains for one more year.   With this ridiculous announcement.....we can fully expect to see heidlebaugh starting next year.  

%#%*€#%  I'm  %#*^% pissed!!!  

17 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND lost 45-7 in the *THIRD* game of the season. The beginning was the end for this year's UND football team. Injuries weren't everything, obviously.

Players win the games, but coaches can lose them. The coaches at UND haven't been able to improvise at all when adversity hits, including going back to 2015. They accept defeat just as you did with your comment, even if you preface it. Competitiveness should never be lost with injuries if the coaching staff and depth is flexible.

UND's coaches aren't going anywhere because no one wants them - they are stale and lack innovation. Only way around it is very good players with experience.

Who were the players that didn’t look the part this year?  I asked earlier, you must have missed the post. 

This is very disappointing. The coaching staff is a letdown for a variety of reasons. From recruiting, to player conduct, to the inability to adjust. Some serious changes needed to be made and yet we're left with the same staff. Doubt there will be much of a change of philosophy next year...

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Amazing how one season changes everyone’s perspectives. 

Majority here have never cared for Rudolph. The fact that Bubba is incredibly stubborn and loyal to a fault has now been confirmed and it scares a lot of us for the future of the program. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

I suppose it's still possible certain coaches move on to other opportunities, but this is disappointing. I thought at least Knauf would be gone. Bubba's seat just got very warm for next season, as far as I'm concerned. I will be holding back on any more football program-specific donations until November next year. 

I would agree. With no staff changes, bubba has next season to make the playoffs again or bust. 

Just now, Dustin said:

I would agree. With no staff changes, bubba has next season to make the playoffs again or bust. 

Making the playoffs isn't good enough.   We've already done that.   Minimum we should settle for is at least on playoff win.   And really, it should be two wins or a first round bye and a win.   We need to move forward and soon or this program moves backward, and that's what's happened already.   We have a couple years to get ready for MVFC or we are screwed and become a permanent bottom feeder like Mo State and Ind State.

I'm not 100% sure getting rid of Rudy is the answer, but we have to start somewhere.    At any rate, playoff win or else.

• Upvote 1

I agree Bubba might have just slowly turned this into a fire Bubba thread. Loyalty is good in pre school with finger painting and not running a division 1 program. Gonna be hard for a recruit to want to come here if the top guy is  happy with being mediocre and doesn’t think there’s a problem, injuries weren’t the only reason we sucked this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the guys would consider transferring either, we have three studs in th backfield with an offensive system that doesn’t know how to use them, it’s frustrating for us fans to watch can’t imagine what goes through their head at times. 

15 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Does the fact that he had to say it mean that it’s obvious to him that it’s on the minds of the fans?

I hadn’t watched the presser until now, so he did not initiate the comment, it was asked. Wonder if he was anticipating the question?