SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: Da Sacs at UND

geaux_sioux

6 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

North Dakota Nice Bubba won't get rid of him this off season, IMO.

Bubba is a promoter and a rah rah good old guy, but I'm not sure he is much of a game coach.  The OC and his calls are squarely on Bubba - this has been going on too long.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Irish said:

Bubba is a promoter and a rah rah good old guy, but I'm not sure he is much of a game coach.  The OC and his calls are squarely on Bubba - this has been going on too long.

I agree.  And coming out and trying to establish the run has not worked all freaking season.  Come out and throw it, that has established the run for us in the second half.  I'd like to see the stats a few of the games...looking at our rushing yards and YPC in the first half, compared to the 2nd half once we started opening things up out of necessity.  

If Zimmerman is our starting QB next year I would be pretty satisfied. If someone else is the starter, meaning we have someone on the roster better that would be great as well. 

Give Studsrud another week to get healthy and make sure he is able to at least start his last home game as a senior.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One thing that has become a glaring fact is our fan interest. South Dakota Game Day thread was 36 pages long. This game only 6. Things are spiraling down right now and it’s going to hurt our recruiting. Changes need to be made. 

21 minutes ago, bang said:

One thing that has become a glaring fact is our fan interest. South Dakota Game Day thread was 36 pages long. This game only 6. Things are spiraling down right now and it’s going to hurt our recruiting. Changes need to be made. 

The only thing that can help our recruiting now is the end of the season.    Right now we are reminding recruits just how bad the coaching philosophy is here.

• Upvote 1

Zimmerman is the real deal. Keaton has been a solid play making gamer and great leader for us, but the future at QB has arrived early, like diamond in the rough. When Keaton passes the torch, the QB position will be in good hands.

Our entire secondary plays like hot garbage.  We give opposing QBs confidence on the road and at home. No debating Rudolph's play calling is suspect but if you tell any OC we need you to score 40 points for us to win because we can't stop anybody, that's a lot to ask, at any level.

As for Bubba, I won't comment on him because his apologist will come for me, but the makeup of a good team reflects the attitude and approach of it's coaches.  We need more fight in our plays and more fight in our coach. We have a bunch of choir boys playing football who unfortunately have mental lapses when it matters most during games. That crap needs to stop. We need some kids that feel like football is all they have and will lay it all on the line.

Good effort today, but we gotta win these kind of games, especially at home.

10 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

Zimmerman is the real deal. Keaton has been a solid play making gamer and great leader for us, but the future at QB has arrived early, like diamond in the rough. When Keaton passes the torch, the QB position will be in good hands.

Our entire secondary plays like hot garbage.  We give opposing QBs confidence on the road and at home. No debating Rudolph's play calling is suspect but if you tell any OC we need you to score 40 points for us to win because we can't stop anybody, that's a lot to ask, at any level.

As for Bubba, I won't comment on him because his apologist will come for me, but the makeup of a good team reflects the attitude and approach of it's coaches.  We need more fight in our plays and more fight in our coach. We have a bunch of choir boys playing football who unfortunately have mental lapses when it matters most during games. That crap needs to stop. We need some kids that feel like football is all they have and will lay it all on the line.

Good effort today, but we gotta win these kind of games, especially at home.

There are locker room problems contributing to all of this too.  Anyone know where Ray Haas has been?  Was he on the sidelines?  Harder to overcome all of the holes in the roster when not everyone is rowing the boat the same way(to steal a phrase from the Gophs coach).

2 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I was pretty pissed off to hear about the guys who were kicked off for drugs       

But the more I think about it, I really have to commend anyone who can play under this regime and not feel the need to get high.  

That's hilarious!:D I needed a good laugh at watching the past couple of games. I think we all get emotionally invested, which is good. But, its frustrating to see our seniors going out like this.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

That's hilarious!:D I needed a good laugh at watching the past couple of games. I think we all get emotionally invested, which is good. But, its frustrating to see our seniors going out like this.

It is actually good that people are upset about this season. That means people still care about the program. If apathy sets in, that is much harder to fix.

• Upvote 2