SiouxSports.com Forum

October 2017 Announcement

lawkota

1 minute ago, WiSioux said:

Yawn. We needed a press conference for this why? Just put out a press release and call it good. A new AD deserves a press conference, not a marginal one retiring.

Yeah especially since Faison likes to stay out of the limelight.  <<<sarc>>>

38 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I agree Faison gets a bad rap.  I think he has done great things at UND, and having the guts to start the NCHC is not something that many athletic directors would even consider.  Faison has been great, but I'm ready to move on.  I think he lacks true passion, vision, and creativity when dealing with non hockey sports at UND.

Also credit to him for hpc, his coaching hires, and cutting women's hockey.

Also, I will never forget that when I traveled to Greeley for the UNC football game last year, we sat directly next to each other, and he didn't even bother to ever make eye contact to say hello.  We made great friends with the people on the other side of us.  For him to be that anti social was really kind of upsetting and offensive.  You would think that he would make some type of effort to at least say hi to the person sitting next to him, having traveled all the way to fing Greeley, CO, of all places, to support the football program.  Really left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

Also, I will never forget that when I traveled to Greeley for the UNC football game last year, we sat directly next to each other, and he didn't even bother to ever make eye contact to say hello.  We made great friends with the people on the other side of us.  For him to be that anti social was really kind of upsetting and offensive.  You would think that he would make some type of effort to at least say hi to the person sitting next to him, having traveled all the way to fing Greeley, CO, of all places, to support the football program.  Really left a bad taste in my mouth.

I've heard from several others with that experience.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Usually forced retirements don't get 3-9 months to remain on the job.

On top of that, he's 67 and there have been health issues his family has dealt with. Timing with conference issues finally being settled and nickname issue put to bed, actually seems like a natural break point to give a new AD a clean slate regardless of how the decision was come to.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Will the new AD still let Haj dress up in player track suits and pretend hes on the hockey team?

.....but that's only if Alec the intern monitors his salt intake on the road so he can it into one.

• Like 1