SiouxSports.com Forum

October 2017 Announcement

lawkota

I doubt it’s anything about a single sport or it’s staff members. Sounds like it’s coming from the athletic department in general. If Gundy says we won’t be disappointed, I’d guess it’s an announcement of a big donor. 

29 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think Brad is still bitter about Kennedy cutting women's hockey

Ya think?  His blog has been nothing but shots at people for cutting a sport he didn't take nearly as much interest in as he does now.  

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Really though, getting rid of Faison will probably help with fund raising.

Getting rid of the guy that built the IPF will help raise money to complete the IPF?! :lol:

He's the only guy to get sht done and build any type of new UND athletic building that wasn't donated by one guy in a gazillion years at UND!

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Getting rid of the guy that built the IPF will help raise money to complete the IPF?! :lol:

He's the only guy to get sht done and build any type of new UND athletic building that wasn't donated by one guy in a gazillion years at UND!

Agree, I don't understand the hatred of Faison.  Sure he isn't perfect, but I don't know an Athletic Director that hasn't made unpopular decisions.  Because he wasn't one of us like Roger Thomas, he became the lightning rod.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Agree, I don't understand the hatred of Faison.  Sure he isn't perfect, but I don't know an Athletic Director that hasn't made unpopular decisions.  Because he wasn't one of us like Roger Thomas, he became the lightning rod.  

Yup. Yet all one has to do is look at the damage RT did to the athletic program... 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, tnt said:

I agree Faison gets a bad rap.  I think he has done great things at UND, and having the guts to start the NCHC is not something that many athletic directors would even consider.  Faison has been great, but I'm ready to move on.  I think he lacks true passion, vision, and creativity when dealing with non hockey sports at UND.

Also credit to him for hpc, his coaching hires, and cutting women's hockey.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone actually seen the “savings” for cutting 2.9M, when they only needed $1.3M? Has the 2017-18 budget come out yet? That’s a lot of extra money that should be floating around. Just curious with all these “business and basic math” comments. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

Tom Clifford  UND first people are almost all eliminated from the campus. People with goals achieving goals.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Gully73 said:

Has anyone actually seen the “savings” for cutting 2.9M, when they only needed $1.3M? Has the 2017-18 budget come out yet? That’s a lot of extra money that should be floating around. Just curious with all these “business and basic math” comments. 

As with the facilities from WIH now being used by soccer, so is some of that extra.  Women's sports at UND were not equally funded but they'll be much closer when that extra money is funneled their way.

• Upvote 1