SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Minnesota

AZSIOUX

4 hours ago, Mhockey said:

I'm excited for the atmosphere in the arena this weekend. Do you guys think the coaching staff tries to get some of the more desired recruits on visits during big games like this?

20171016_115814.png

please make this into a big head cutout type thing and make it trying to pull himself up over the glass.

12 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Is this really bulletin board material? Honestly, I want this crowd to get into Mittelstadt's head. I'd be willing to bet this kid hasn't been rattled by a crowd. 

Didn’t  people nickname him “pull-up”? 

I heard that from one fan base over the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Is this really bulletin board material? Honestly, I want this crowd to get into Mittelstadt's head. I'd be willing to bet this kid hasn't been rattled by a crowd. 

Totally cool for fans to do it.  Uncool for Jumbotron or for the team or University or REA to do it.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

If a crowd of 11,000+ can't get into his head a sign certainly won't.

53 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

A poster of a dude who cant do a pull-up is not bulletin board material, Its hilarious....Lucia pregame - hey guys they have this pic in the stands making fun of scrawny Casey, Lets win this one for him!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mhockey said:

I'm excited for the atmosphere in the arena this weekend. Do you guys think the coaching staff tries to get some of the more desired recruits on visits during big games like this?

20171016_115814.png

This image should be lining the glass in the student section, and hopefully behind the Gophers bench too. It is just too good not to use.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

Maybe the student could do some pullups on the glass during the gopher warm ups. Show Mr Mittlestadt, that even you average college beer drinker should be able to do a single pull-up, let along a drafted college athlete.

or get a bunch of guys to bring in some 2 lb dumbells to mock the kid.

Let's get this started, shall we? Wehr's corner, Part II .... Classic Sweeney "In front of the benches, now. Look out! Here we go!" and then "You gotta pull out wider to catch it all!"

Man, I miss Hexy. That dude could trash talk with the best of em.

Listen to that frickin' crowd. Let's go.

wehrs.png

So sad lol.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

So I was just browsing some stats over on collegehockeynews, (because I'm a nerd) to prepare for this weekend's series and couple things jumped out that I thought I'd share.

1. UND's power play is clicking at a higher percent than Minnesota (:0 is the apocalypse coming?)

2. Minnesota is 4th in the country in penalty minutes and only kills 67% of their penalties.

Granted we are only a couple weeks into the season and we could be looking at completely different numbers later in the year, but intrepreting that info makes me understand why Minnesota has a 2-2 record. Power play hasn't been clicking, taking too many penalties and can't kill those penalties off that well. 

There has never been a safer bet that at the end of the year, Minnesota will have a better PP % than UND. Also think this is the first time I've ever read UND's power play and clicking in the same sentence.