SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Minnesota

AZSIOUX

The Rivalry had a little let up when the B1Ghockey started, because we didn't play the goofs. In this series, either team can win on any day. Especially now that we are playing them more often again. Last year stung a little, especially since the other MN schools were pretty much having their way with the goofs the last few years. The crowd at The Ralph for these 2 games will be a playoff crowd.

• Upvote 1

Every game matters, and every series counts…I just hope that with a break up in the rivalry the last few years that the new crop of players understands the magnitude of this game…not just from a fans perspective but from a non-conference pairwise perspective as well…playoff caliber games in October do not come along that often …. Right now talent wise these two teams are pretty close so it should come down to discipline and finishing … who’s going to step up I like Mismash’s play so far but needs to stay out of the box, I think Wolanin and Hoff have big weekend … GO SIOUX

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Does Dave K. (Roosevelt elementary school Moniker, Super Dave, or whatever alias) make an appearance on this board for this series, or did he truly become a Penn St fan like proclaimed last season?

Hopefully the latter.  I haven't seen him come on and gloat about the start that MA Fleury has had in Vegas, so I'm hoping he's just gone...

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Does Dave K. (Roosevelt elementary school Moniker, Super Dave, or whatever alias) make an appearance on this board for this series, or did he truly become a Penn St fan like proclaimed last season?

24 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

Hopefully the latter.  I haven't seen him come on and gloat about the start that MA Fleury has had in Vegas, so I'm hoping he's just gone...

Ah, Dave K! There's a throwback. I miss he and GF.

26 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

I Though he would have shown up last weekend under one of his many personalities to talk about how great Penn State or Minnesota is.

Just now, Mhockey said:

I'm excited for the atmosphere in the arena this weekend. Do you guys think the coaching staff tries to get some of the more desired recruits on visits during big games like this?

20171016_115814.png

I would love to see this on a sign in the student section this weekend.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, yelo09 said:

Every game matters, and every series counts…I just hope that with a break up in the rivalry the last few years that the new crop of players understands the magnitude of this game…not just from a fans perspective but from a non-conference pairwise perspective as well…playoff caliber games in October do not come along that often …. Right now talent wise these two teams are pretty close so it should come down to discipline and finishing … who’s going to step up I like Mismash’s play so far but needs to stay out of the box, I think Wolanin and Hoff have big weekend … GO SIOUX

It think it would be hard to avoid picking up on seriousness of this series/rivalry just being Grand Forks this week, let alone on UND's campus, let alone being a player on the team.

Most of these kids grew up watching the goofs and/or UND. The Minnesota born kids understood the seriousness of the rivalry the second they chose to play for UND I'm sure. I'm sure they are already well aware, and it will only build up more as the week goes on. 

Since it looks like it is going to be 60+ degrees on Saturday I would love to see REA/UND organize an outdoor band/beer garden leading up to the game. Make it a little mini outdoor fan fest to add to the atmosphere. Short notice but it wouldn’t be too tough to put it all together especially for this series. Tailgate, football game, fan fest, hockey game seems like a fantastic plan. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, TNF said:

Since it looks like it is going to be 60+ degrees on Saturday I would love to see REA/UND organize an outdoor band/beer garden leading up to the game. Make it a little mini outdoor fan fest to add to the atmosphere. Short notice but it wouldn’t be too tough to put it all together especially for this series. Tailgate, football game, fan fest, hockey game seems like a fantastic plan. 

Also volleyball that morning to! 

2 hours ago, Big Green said:

I would love to see this on a sign in the student section this weekend.

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

It's a must. Anyone posting on here a student? This should be plastered to the boards, at some point. GET. THIS. DONE.

2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

I was thinking Jumbotron....

This is something that someone ended up doing and it backfires on UND. I rather not give Minnesota any "bulletin board material" this weekend, the guys need to go into the weekend with a business like mentality, and get 2 W's. 

48 minutes ago, cberkas said:

This is something that someone ended up doing and it backfires on UND. I rather not give Minnesota any "bulletin board material" this weekend, the guys need to go into the weekend with a business like mentality, and get 2 W's. 

Is this really bulletin board material? Honestly, I want this crowd to get into Mittelstadt's head. I'd be willing to bet this kid hasn't been rattled by a crowd.