SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SLU - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

39 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Any reports how Berry got stiches above eye & a shiner ?

32 minutes ago, Dead Yedi said:

IMG_4701.JPG

So then I said, "Wilbur, you couldn't start in goal for Mishawaka Junior College and this is the University of North Dakota..."

• Upvote 3

Solid night, nice to see the puck finally find the back of the net. Happy with the 3-0-1 start, but Minnesota will be much, much stronger test than UAA & SLU. 

Love the depth they have on defense this year, Rieger will be the 8th dman this year, but liked that the coaching staff got him in. They no longer have an 8th only for emergency situations and once Bast comes back he'll need playing time as well. Kierstad has had a nice start to his career. 

I'm impressed that the coaches sat Simo on Friday / Olson on Saturday, put what they think is the best lineup out there, regardless of class. 

5 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

The Adams/Bowen/Jones line showed fantastic chemistry together last night.  Those three were raising all kinds of heck!  Like to see them kept together.

Yup. Bowen is the most underrated forward on this team IMO. Jones is better than advertised.  I'd go heavy with Mash Rhett and Pogo. Then Gersich with Hoff and Kawaguchi. 4th line of JJ Simo and Smith. Sorry Olson.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yup. Bowen is the most underrated forward on this team IMO. Jones is better than advertised.  I'd go heavy with Mash Rhett and Pogo. Then Gersich with Hoff and Kawaguchi. 4th line of JJ Simo and Smith. Sorry Olson.

I really like Bowen too.  I think what I like best is that he just keeps his game simple and uses great legs and a motor that won't quit.  We will get turnover and pressure goals just from him playing that style.

34 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I agree about Smith v Olson.  They both have the same physical aspect to their games, but I think Smith has shown to be better than Olson in the hands department.  Kawaguchi played much stronger last night.  Both with his body and stick.  He was pushed off the puck far to easily on Friday night.  But we all know how this program runs:  Unless it's an extraordinary line, by enlarge, lines will probably change from weekend to weekend. 

13 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

I agree about Smith v Olson.  They both have the same physical aspect to their games, but I think Smith has shown to be better than Olson in the hands department.  Kawaguchi played much stronger last night.  Both with his body and stick.  He was pushed off the puck far to easily on Friday night.  But we all know how this program runs:  Unless it's an extraordinary line, by enlarge, lines will probably change from weekend to weekend. 

I think the 4th line will probably be different every night for a while. 

One thing from the weekend. I know it has been 39 years since the movie came out and isn't part of the culture anymore but how does the opposition research department of our student section waste the opportunity when the opponent has a kid name Finkelstein?

Either you get a job by midnight or we are shipping you off to military school with that God d*mn Finkelstein sh!t kid...son of a b!tch!

Maybe modify it.

Either you get that puck out of the zone or we are shipping you off to St. Lawrence to pair with that God d"mn Finkelstein sh!t kid....son of a b!tch.

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

One thing from the weekend. I know it has been 39 years since the movie came out and isn't part of the culture anymore but how does the opposition research department of our student section waste the opportunity when the opponent has a kid name Finkelstein?

Either you get a job by midnight or we are shipping you off to military school with that God d*mn Finkelstein sh!t kid...son of a b!tch!

Maybe modify it.

Either you get that puck out of the zone or we are shipping you off to St. Lawrence to pair with that God d"mn Finkelstein sh!t kid....son of a b!tch.

That's exactly what I thought of last night. What does that mean? We're old.:(

• Upvote 1