SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SLU - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

I wore my Hrkac's jersey last night. Have to play Gersich with Jones tonight. No top end center will be this team's main short coming. Cam could possibly have a GAA around 2.00 for the year and barely have a record above .500. SLU is terrible.

UND 2-1

On a positive note our zone entry seems improved over years past.  

I've said it before, the powerplay should be easy!  All of hockey offensive breaks down to creating an odd-man.  Players should see possible 2-1's everywhere.  On the PP, you will always have a legit 2-1 somewhere, by simple numbers.  You force that 2-1 on a defender down low and when he bites, his partner has to come across, which should always leave the weakside winger or a sleeper defenseman with a clean look at the net, depending on what that weakside defender forward does in terms of coverage.  Typically he will stay stay with the d, but start to drift with the collapse.  I think we skate to find the passing lane too much and don't skate to force the odd-man which by nature will create a passing lane. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Come on, think positive! We need some of that right now. People are moping around like we are 0-3-0 instead of 2-0-1.

I think this team could be decent as the season goes on, but losing Jost a season too early will hurt. Seeing them struggle to score against UAA and then watching CC destroy UAA this week is rough. 

I'm hoping that once Pogo and Gersich get rolling that everyone else loosens their grip on their sticks. Kawaguchi Jones and Mismash could all have decent rookie (Jones not really a rookie but ya know) if they get a couple to go. 

Mismash got put on the "heavy line" in the 3rd period per Coach Berry with pogo and rhett so Id expect to see him there tonight.

I'm also not gonna throw the towel in assuming this team will never click. It's been 3 games... don't need to jump off the bandwagon quite yet. Anyone who is surprised this team is taking time to find their identity was fooling themselves.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

My prediction:

Sioux by a billion!!! Remain undefeated!
(Aka: They'll take it tied to the third period and win on a last minute goal...again. 3-0-1!!)

Yes because if they win by one that is not good enough for you! On week 1 and 2 of the season...lol, only Sioux fans!

Famous lines get named....DOT, Pony...

Legendary Teams get named....Hrkac Circus...

This team I'm dubbing:

"THE RED PEPPERS"

Because its mostly grinders and the power play is a plate of garbage.

but we love them and its always comfortable and familiar to be there when back in GF.