SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday vs Da Griz

geaux_sioux

Hopefully this version of the offensive line continues to gel and we get some traction on the ground. I'll be watching Hunt (ILB) and the safeties really closely, hoping for some 3 and outs and bend, but not break for the red zone defense. Honestly, I'm just hoping for some improvement out of the young guys and a semi-respectable showing. Just don't get blown out. 

11 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

What??? Are you freaking kidding me....now Studs!  Toivonen didn't even travel there.........Ugh!  We are completely screwed without Studs playing! 

This isn't just bad luck. The program is a joke this season due to poor planning, conditioning, and medical staff planning. The whole works is to blame partially. This type of injury situation isn't just misfortune. A section of the staff or perhaps even more needs to lose their job. UND deserves better than this choke job. Everyone in the GF area was finally ready to get on the bandwagon and bring UND football to new heights and then we get this !@#$. Unreal.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

But some people will insist that we have no excuse not to win today. :silly:

No team, not even mighty NDSU, could sustain this many injuries at one time and still keep rolling along like nothing happened.

This season cannot end soon enough. :(:angry:

Why doesn't NDSU sustain this level of injuries? Or why don't they buckle under such impeccable odds? Remember when the #2 overall NFL pick went down? NDSU really lost a lot of games then. Or when they lost their star middle backer, defensive end, and defensive tackle? Lost a lot then too, right?

UND's football program has holes and I'm not blind to it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This isn't just bad luck. The program is a joke this season due to poor planning, conditioning, and medical staff. The whole works is to blame partially. This type of injury situation isn't just misfortune. A section of the staff or perhaps even more needs to lose their job. UND deserves better than this choke job. Everyone in the GF area was finally ready to get on the bandwagon and bring UND football to new heights and then we get this !@#$. Unreal.  

So Studs banging his knee could have been prevented by better conditioning and a better medical staff? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Why doesn't NDSU sustain this level of injuries? Or why don't they buckle under such impeccable odds? Remember when the #2 overall NFL pick went down? NDSU really lost a lot of games then. Or when they lost their star middle backer, defensive end, and defensive tackle? Lost a lot then too, right?

UND's football program has holes and I'm not blind to it. 

Why hasn't NDSU sustained this many injuries at once? I don't know, maybe because this almost never happens. I have never seen anything like this before. It is inexplicable. And NDSU has spent years building depth at all positions so that injuries don't slow them down. Craig Bohl, as big of a prick as he is, built the foundation for what they have right now. And it started during their D-I transition, while we wasted ours losing to Sioux Falls and scheduling powerhouse teams like SD Mines. We are still working to overcome the bad decisions of the past decade. But if you think regime change is the answer, by all means keep pushing for it.

8 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Why hasn't NDSU sustained this many injuries at once? I don't know, maybe because this almost never happens. I have never seen anything like this before. It is inexplicable. And NDSU has spent years building depth at all positions so that injuries don't slow them down. Craig Bohl, as big of a prick as he is, built the foundation for what they have right now. And it started during their D-I transition, while we wasted ours losing to Sioux Falls and scheduling powerhouse teams like SD Mines. We are still working to overcome the bad decisions of the past decade. But if you think regime change is the answer, by all means keep pushing for it.

You should write a book and title it "How to Build a College Football Program in 20 Years (if your AD gives you that much time)."

• Downvote 1

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

You should write a book and title it "How to Build a College Football Program in 20 Years (if your AD gives you that much time)."

That is not what I was implying and you know that. Neither of us like where the program is and both of us know there are things that need to be fixed. Where we diverge is what the solution is.

If someone would like to actually look back at my earlier comments this week, you'll see I gave UND a chance versus Montana only if Studsrud has a phenomenal game. Somehow, though, UND put their only hope in a situation to get banged up and miss the game. Perhaps the injury occurred versus UNC, but either way, the overall design of things needs to be questioned. 

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

If someone would like to actually look back at my earlier comments this week, you'll see I gave UND a chance versus Montana only if Studsrud has a phenomenal game. Somehow, though, UND put their only hope in a situation to get banged up and miss the game. Perhaps the injury occurred versus UNC, but either way, the overall design of things needs to be put to question. 

I think UND did it on purpose.  Bubba read your posts this week and thought "I'll show him".  

• Upvote 3