SiouxSports.com Forum

Help!!! Real or Fake??

coltssiouxfan

1 minute ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

This one is a noble effort but seems confused...UND is (was) the Fighting Sioux.  REA is (was) the "Home of the Fighting Sioux."  Probably an at-home knock-off.

You saying the one I showed is a knock off? If you are sorry it is an Arnold painting autographed to me. The last auction these were at that I seen went for $2800. 

Very proud of my authentic Sioux sign!

1 minute ago, bigskyvikes said:

You saying the one I showed is a knock off? If you are sorry it is an Arnold painting autographed to me. The last auction these were at that I seen went for $2800. 

Very proud of my authentic Sioux sign!

Just saying it doesn't seem to be consistent with typical branding; the "Home of..." tagline is the one commonly used by REA.

19 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Is this jealousy?

You do realize Steve Arnold was an artist that painted a bunch of these right? There was no image stamped on these, he free handed them. Sheez!! 

i was just making an observation... lets not get our blood pressure to high.... were all fans of the same team here. i will just back away slowly. lets not start anything we will regret later.

Image result for settle down gif

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, coltssiouxfan said:

Is this an actual flag? 

DD42C8F6-4473-44DA-8B8C-A1859BBCEA10.jpeg

9 hours ago, UNDSioux23 said:

It's an actual flag but a cheap replica.  The green interior "headdress feathers" should come to a point and the letter thickness on UND varies.  

It's definitely a flag.

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, UNDSioux23 said:

It's an actual flag but a cheap replica.  The green interior "headdress feathers" should come to a point and the letter thickness on UND varies.  

These flags are fairly common on amazon and elsewhere. No not liscenced. 

A very common misconception that all the feathers of the "Geometric" logo come to a point.

As a fact the interior feathers are not pointed but rounded and the interior feathers lines curve as opposed to the straight lines of the outer feathers.

the cheaply produces flag shown over accentuates the detail but anytime the logo is used that large it will be more obvious.