SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs da Griz

SiouxVolley

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

My issue was more so with him saying the Griz are returning to dominant status.

You say "him" which got me wondering: How many women are on this forum?

Not trying to turn it into eHarmony.com, but am curious.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Would be nice if Santiago ripped off an 80 yard TD on the first play from scrimmage against them again to start things out!   Although actually I think I'd rather have an 80 yard drive that chewed some clock and went for a TD, and then have Santiago bust one for 80 in the second half. :) 

Was sitting in the North end zone for this game. As UND ran on the field after the kick return, my brother asked me who to watch for UND. I said #22, Santiago, guys is a beast. Then.. bam. 80-yds to the house. 

4 hours ago, griz5700 said:

Was sitting in the North end zone for this game. As UND ran on the field after the kick return, my brother asked me who to watch for UND. I said #22, Santiago, guys is a beast. Then.. bam. 80-yds to the house. 

Nice call on your part, your brother must of thought you were brilliant!  Santiago can be electric that is for sure, however he requires a crease to get through.  Our OL was a bit of a question coming into this year but we felt they would be "ok".  But with injuries 3 starters are out some of us wonder if our bruising back should get more carries than Santiago just because there is often not much of a hole, and Brady can just make his own hole.  Santiago is a bit like Barry Sanders (not that he is Barry Sanders), but he sometimes dances in the backfield looking for that crease and has more negative runs than most good backs, which is frustrating.  But then there are also times where he makes something out of nothing for a big gain.  

UND will have its hands full tomorrow  .   Montanas offense will keep a constant attack on the D...they know the weaknesses to exploit and have the talent to do it. Add to that, they're at home 

UNDs two wins have been against misery st and unc....those two are not perennial championship caliber teams....more like middle of the pack at best to bottom feeders in conf ..but a win is a win.  Montana is just a different animal then those two.

Und is simply not the team any of us imagine it would be. We thought we would have Connor, Cole, Deion, Donnell, Grady ( the all Americans)  and many many more.   Instead we have walk ons, 3rd stringers and true fresh starting at certain positions.  Ugh  

The offense NEEDS to stay on the field....they cannot afford any three and outs.    Studsrud is without question the leader of this team ....he needs to play like it's last game every game. I would love to see him audible out of 85% -100% of Rudolphs calls.  I truly believe studsrud could be a top tier qb is the fcs  if used right......let studsrud call the plays from the field....he has the game "feel" and smarts.  Rudolph can go hang out at the beer stand. 

If UND can get any momentum and if they have adjusted to the injury front, maybe they can make some noise...hope  so. But their bread and butter, ILB , just decimated!   They just can not stop a decent team up the middle....frustrating as hell.   Unfortunately I see UND losing by at least 3 tds.  Would absolutely love to be wrong. 

Its all about ball control.  UND controls ball for over 32 minutes and we win, anything less we lose.  We will struggle in the usual spots stopping the qb and the inside run.  Oline is getting better and hopefully can have enough charge to protect Studs, and get JS, BO, and JJ some room to run.  UND gets an early lead and hangs on 41-38.

If I'm not mistaken the Griz are one of the two teams Studs has not beaten.  My guess Studs plays lights out.  However to win.  The D needs some three and outs.  secondary will be challenged. We need Holm to be playing at full strength.  The O needs to control the clock. No penalties, convert High % of third downs and  RB's and TE need a big game. Blocking and running and catching some passes is space.  Could a statement win for the program or a blow out because the Graz can taste it.

Going to have to run it down hill today.  Control the clock.  No matter who is on the field this coaching staff needs to play to win and not just keep it close.  If we play aggressively and get blown out it will be frustrating but I can live with it how this year has gone   

If we settle for just running the ball because that's what we have and play like we don't want to get blown out I'll be very frustrated.  

UofM has been very inconsistent this year and will be starting an inexperienced QB.  Which team can capitalize?

• Upvote 1