SiouxSports.com Forum

Davis Predictions

UND Fan

UND 28

Davis 24

I thought UND was going to get smoked last weekend and they did. I like the team only meeting, I think it jumpstarts this team. I don't think they were as far off against Montana State as the score indicated (Murray was a game changer), absurd 3rd down percentage. The O-Line will be in it's 2nd week together, I think they'll be able to move the ball much better. On defense, I think Davis has a pretty good QB, but not as dynamic as UND has seen the two previous weeks.

• Upvote 1

I watched some highlights and I don't think Davis has the QB play that is so deadly for us.

I also watched Weber push them around with ease.  I think Weber is more physical than us, but we might get our boring and predictable run game going, at least a little bit.

Bottom line, I have no idea what team and scheme shows up on Saturday. 

Anyway, I'll homer for the good guys 31-17 after rightfully calling the USD game was going to beat us twice.

2 minutes ago, Sioux27 said:

28-7 Davis.....who are we kidding?  They will run the ball up the middle all day long.  

Only way this is not the case is if we can strike first get a lead and take the air out of the ball.  If we can do that we win.  The way the last two weeks have gone I don't think we strike first, they run the ball down our throats and Davis wins by 10.  24-14.

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Only way this is not the case is if we can strike first get a lead and take the air out of the ball.  If we can do that we win.  The way the last two weeks have gone I don't think we strike first, they run the ball down our throats and Davis wins by 10.  24-14.

How do you do this when the first touchdown gets nullified by a phantom penalty?

I'll take the Ags, 35-14.  The Weber game was a perfect storm and we didnt stop the big plays.  This team has an  innovative and talented offense.  Maier is the best QB we've had in a long time.  Come on out to Davis, the weather will be in the 80s.  We always enjoy the spirited fighting Sioux fans.

23 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

calling Mr Brady . . . Tom Brady

• Upvote 2

Tomorrow I'll be looking for a few things from our team. First, I'll be looking for fire. We need our team to play with more passion. In football you can overcome a lot by playing with more passion than your opponent. Second, toughness. Davis will make some plays. Are we gonna salk and think about the last two games or get up off the mat and punch them in the mouth? Lastly, and most importantly, focus. We've blown a lot of assignments the last few games. We are lacking in a few spots and being assignment sharp is the best way to cover that up. We've had a lot of defenders over committing and getting burned. Break down, stay in position, and for God's sake, wrap up. I don't even really care what the score is, I just want to see these things with constancy. Granted, the scoreboard will be more favorable if we take care of these things.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ZERO faith in Rudolph.  Absolute Zero! He is infatuated with predictability and lacks the skills to game change.  Zero impulse to game flow.  He is currently riding a three year fail. We as fans, should have the pleasure to watch Santiago for another one and half years.  Rudy thinks he's a 6'2" 230 lb power back.  No clue....and frustrating as hell to witness.   The likes of Santiagos don't come around all that often.  Because of injuries, the O has a very young inexperienced line....no seniors and one jun.  One senior starter on offense....studsrud.    Rudolph couldn't get it done when he had experienced talent.  I'm hoping for 10 first downs and 10 points against UC Davis...cross the fingers. The D is unable to bail him out this year

As everyone knows, the defense is decimated by injuries!  Namely up the middle. With four LB at 200 lbs,  UND essentially has four studsruds starting at the backer positions and with the minutes they put on the field they cannot do it. Frustrating  

The flags need to stop!  Unbelievable amount of foolish penalties this year.  

With Rudy running the offense and the D down to skeletons,  they need to play very disciplined and heady. Maybe the player only meeting hit a nerve with the young guys they might come out with nasty we haven't seen this year. This team needs a spark! Hope the momentum swing starts in California.

wont predict a score do to the inept OC but need a win to stop the bleeding. 

• Like 1

Never expected to have faith in Rudolph, but did expect have great faith in the defense which as disappointed us more than Rudolph ever could.  Where is the DL rush and Sacks?  The DL has been not nearly touched by injuries as the LB and secondary, but they dont seem to have made noise at all.

34 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Never expected to have faith in Rudolph, but did expect have great faith in the defense which as disappointed us more than Rudolph ever could.  Where is the DL rush and Sacks?  The DL has been not nearly touched by injuries as the LB and secondary, but they dont seem to have made noise at all.

Mason Bennett has been fantastic this year.  Tank lost some weight, and maybe as an individual he feels great, but losing 10-15 lbs has made him a bit liable.  He still warrants a duo of o linemen.  But with a 3-4 D it's the ILB that make the plays inside and that's what's missing.  Because of the injuries, Schmitty can't send the DEs in for a heavy pass rush....so the sacks will be far and in between this year.  If he had more trust with the ILB, you would see more blitz packages. In other  words, he needs to keep his guys near the line .  Football is without a doubt the most complete team sport.  It's take a full team effort.