SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana State Predictions

Midwestern Hawk

This topic is hard to read, so many people down on the team so fast, I know the team that went down to SD laid a huge egg,  but that's not the same team that everybody was hyped about to begin the season, I'm gonna chalk it up to a bad day and give the guys the support they deserve. We all know the true talent and potential of this team, it's the same guys. Everybody in this forum gives the student section grief about leaving the game at halftime when we're loosing, yet everybody now is leaving after three games....

.....27-17 University North Dakota Fighting Hawks. See you at The Alerus

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, LeaveNoDoubt said:

This topic is hard to read, so many people down on the team so fast, I know the team that went down to SD laid a huge egg,  but that's not the same team that everybody was hyped about to begin the season, I'm gonna chalk it up to a bad day and give the guys the support they deserve. We all know the true talent and potential of this team, it's the same guys. Everybody in this forum gives the student section grief about leaving the game at halftime when we're loosing, yet everybody now is leaving after three games....

You just stole my thunder, I was just going to say.....things are generally never as good.....or as bad as people think.  We fell off a cliff for the day last Saturday, but I don't think the team completely fell off the cliff for the year and we all of the sudden reverted to a team who can't muster more than 10 points against MSU and is about to get run over by them at home.  We certainly have some issues right now with injuries and some things to fix, that is for sure.  But we still have some talent on the offensive side of the ball.  I expect the guys to come out pretty fired up and ready to prove something come Saturday. 

• Upvote 2

Now is the time for the Offense to set up and carry this team.  pound the rock, control the clock, catch the pass to convert 3rd and short and/or long into 1st and 10.  The defense has carried this team many time over the past few years.  Now Offense leadership step up.  Move the line create some holes.

This will be a close game.  27-24 Hawks

8 hours ago, LeaveNoDoubt said:

Good thing the opinion of this board does not matter in regard to gameday execution. Hoping the boys prove most of us wrong!

• Upvote 3

The concerns about the team and that have so many people disheartened are due to the two main weaknesses through 3 weeks. That being the offensive line and any lack of consistent push, particularly in the running game which is supposed to be our bread and butter. And the lack of depth, experience, and size with the linebackers. Any team with any intelligence is going to attack our inside backers over and over again. Those two weaknesses are incredibly hard to cover up and are major components of both sides of the ball. Add in the plethora of undisciplined penalties and then the lack of emotion during the thumping last week and you have a recipe for a let down season. Coaches can and should be disciplining and trying to straighten out the penalties, but it's on the players to show up with an attitude to smack the other team in the mouth. 

• Upvote 2

If this game was on the road in Bozeman, I think the Bobcats would win hands down. The only thing going for UND is playing at home. If there is a good home crowd that gets behind UND, it may spike up UND's enthusiasm and work ethic to a level far above the ridiculous level it was at for South Dakota. 

Its a toss-up game for me, but being it's a must win (early in the season, I know, but given the recent circumstances) at home, I think UND can pull this thing out. Doesn't mean they will - have to be focused and execute on Saturday. 

Go UND

If there's a good omen to the game it's this:

Back in the hazing days of college football, we used to have the biggest/roundest rookie on the team (offensive lineman) stand up on a chair, take his shirt off, and in front of all the fall student athletes(girls Volleyball team) in the cafeteria, sing "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers.  The whole team would join in the chorus.  Last night, just saw Kenny Rogers on his final tour,  rocking "The Gambler", made me think of it.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

UND 31 

MUS 10

I'll also be holding the door open for all of you to jump back on the bandwagon.

Yikes, lets turn on that brain of yours. There's genuine concerns after last weekend, even if there's not, if you predict that UND will lose, that means you're "off the bandwagon"?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

Yikes, lets turn on that brain of yours. There's genuine concerns after last weekend, even if there's not, if you predict that UND will lose, that means you're "off the bandwagon"?

There are genuine concerns after last weekend. But there were some people last Saturday calling for regime change. That is going way too far, IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

There are genuine concerns after last weekend. But there were some people last Saturday calling for regime change. That is going way too far, IMHO.

I'd agree with that, but I don't think there was any of that in the predictions thread or do I think that's what the post I responded too was talking about.

It's just extremely frustrating when you are trying to be objective, you get basically called out for not being a fan. Doesn't really matter, I truly hope they prove me wrong this week!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, AJS said:

If you don't think that there has been a bit of an overreaction to last weekend, then we need to turn on that brain of yours.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'd agree with that, but I don't think there was any of that in the predictions thread or do I think that's what the post I responded too was talking about.

It's just extremely frustrating when you are trying to be objective, you get basically called out for not being a fan. Doesn't really matter, I truly hope they prove me wrong this week!

I was referring to the Game Day Thread. That got ugly last weekend! :0

5 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

If you don't think that there has been a bit of an overreaction to last weekend, then we need to turn on that brain of yours.

There's no doubt there was an overreaction, but what I took an exception to was your "bandwagon" comment. Was there anybody you can point to that said they were done with the program after the game? If not, what are you talking about? Difference between overreaction and frustration and quitting on the team.  

• Upvote 2

If I was being objective I would be thinking: we are playing our 5th and 6th string linebackers  and some of those that are injured will be returning, USD was playing their home opener, we had a bad day on both sides of the ball, our guys are still quality players with several proven All Americans, our coaching staff is almost the same as the one that went 1-2 and then ran the table last year and finally the worst predication of a team's play on any given weekend is what happened the previous week. Finally I really don't think this team has a problem with attitude, leadership or passion (but then again I'm not able to read minds and interpret actions like some obviously can). I don't see how a fan can predict a double digit loss at home and say they believe in the team and coaches - it's not like there is money on the line. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

UND 31 

MUS 10

I'll also be holding the door open for all of you to jump back on the bandwagon.

bandwagon my ass. i have stuck with this team during the mussman years. being extremely disappointed with the lack of performance last week has nothing to do with bandwagon anything.

• Upvote 4