SiouxSports.com Forum

Expressing displeasure through decreased attendance

Bison06

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Again agree to disagree.

Attendance falling, i.e. an individual fan pulling their financial support, clearly has an effect on the Athletic Department's decision making in my mind and can bring about real change. Losing the "casual fan" is a problem for any athletic team, college or pro.

You're kidding yourself.

5 hours ago, Bison06 said:

You're assuming that only one person is acting as I'm suggesting. If UND were to see a drop in season tickets by a significant amount, you honestly don't think the AD would call a meeting and maybe even call some of those former season ticket holders to ask why they didn't renew?

Bison06 have you ever heard of a guy names Brian Faison?

He was willing to dump over $2 million a year into a women's hockey program that averaged less than 1000 fans per game.

I am afraid your logic doesn't work with him.

38 minutes ago, zonadub said:

He was willing to dump over $2 million a year into a women's hockey program that averaged less than 1000 fans per game.

But they produced so many Olympians that were worth their weight in gold

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zonadub said:

UND has a women's hockey program? Weird I can't find it anywhere on the UND sports site.

19 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

UND has a women's hockey program? Weird I can't find it anywhere on the UND sports site.

thinking that proves your point? Took many years and a huge budget cut by the state, but you are correct - no longer the $2 million drain called women's hockey at UND. Really don't think we can thank Faison for that one, though, more a Kennedy decision. Shafer cut baseball, paving the Title IX way for women's hockey to go, but the current state of the Summit may make that an ill-fated decision.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Expressing displeasure through decreased attendance