SiouxSports.com Forum

Moving On To The Bobcats

geaux_sioux

They've got to get Keaton into a groove.  Early high percentage throws to get his confidence up and to set up the running game to where we won't see 9 men in the box because we can't throw the ball down field.  

Im putting this game on our seniors.  Studs and Reyes at the forefront....leaders of their units.  Bury the game ball from last week somewhere near memorial stadium, and get back to work on winning the big sky.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And we'll have to see if there is a letdown for them in their next game.

I hope they don't, it won't look good for us if they get beat next week.  We have to hope they knock of some of the big MVFC teams this year and now have to be USD fans the rest of the regular season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I hope they don't, it won't look good for us if they get beat next week.  We have to hope they knock of some of the big MVFC teams this year and now have to be USD fans the rest of the regular season.

True. But it is common for a team to come out flat after an emotional win.

• Upvote 1

Mont st could have easily beaten SDSU last week.  They definitely looked like a better team then sdsu. Maybe sdsu had a bad game? UND on the other hand....well....they were taken the woodshed by USD....no contest.  Competitive teams that want to make a deep run in the playoffs don't lose 45-7....could of been worse if usd kept with their first half throttle.  

Mont st d is getting better.  Stout front.  Rudolph, as usual, will be out matched in this one. 

Mont st qb is the real deal (Seems like a reoccurring theme). He is in the same category as Huntley and streveler as a above ave athletic dual threat qb.   Not quite to those two status....yet, nevertheless, very dangerous!  UNDs ILB crew scare me.  Young, inexperienced and LIGHT!  This is the Ds weak spot....very prone to being run on. But...it is what it is and they need to play as "big" as they can from here on out, starting with the bobcats. 

Injuries have set up shop on the o line as well.  What looked to be a good healthy group has lost 3 starters in two weeks.  Playing inexperienced underclass men to begin conf play is not what the dr ordered.  Rudolph has a hard enough time already understanding offensive flow, creativity, play selection...etc...that playing these young guys up front will only add more confusion to his page 1 playbook.  

If UND plays anywhere near what they did yesterday they will get rolled by mont st . Being it's at home, I don't see that happening. 

I'm with geaux on the "niceness" factor.  I mentioned it to the group I was with vs misery st....it seems like they play to nice!  Not asking for dirty or cheap, just a little emotion or spark, legal aggresion, namely on D.  Tamas brings the "nasty" without a doubt and offensively....Brady.  They play football the way it should be played  

Bubba better preach discipline....the first three games have been horribly undisciplined....and embarrassing!!

Conference play starts this week, UND needs the fan support more then ever after yesterday's debacle....show up Saturday and be loud!!  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, homer said:

USD has a bye next week.  I think they will be ok. 

If Streveler stays healthy, they will be ok this year. Then run/pass option plays they run with him will be tough for anyone.  They have designed a nice offense around him. 

I agree.

I wonder what it's like to have a nice offense, designed around the strengths of your personnel.   We should probably look into that sometime.   

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Mont st could have easily beaten SDSU last week.  They definitely looked like a better team then sdsu. Maybe sdsu had a bad game? UND on the other hand....well....they were taken the woodshed by USD....no contest.  Competitive teams that want to make a deep run in the playoffs don't lose 45-7....could of been worse if usd kept with their first half throttle.  

Mont st d is getting better.  Stout front.  Rudolph, as usual, will be out matched in this one. 

Mont st qb is the real deal (Seems like a reoccurring theme). He is in the same category as Huntley and streveler as a above ave athletic dual threat qb.   Not quite to those two status....yet, nevertheless, very dangerous!  UNDs ILB crew scare me.  Young, inexperienced and LIGHT!  This is the Ds weak spot....very prone to being run on. But...it is what it is and they need to play as "big" as they can from here on out, starting with the bobcats. 

Injuries have set up shop on the o line as well.  What looked to be a good healthy group has lost 3 starters in two weeks.  Playing inexperienced underclass men to begin conf play is not what the dr ordered.  Rudolph has a hard enough time already understanding offensive flow, creativity, play selection...etc...that playing these young guys up front will only add more confusion to his page 1 playbook.  

If UND plays anywhere near what they did yesterday they will get rolled by mont st . Being it's at home, I don't see that happening. 

I'm with geaux on the "niceness" factor.  I mentioned it to the group I was with vs misery st....it seems like they play to nice!  Not asking for dirty or cheap, just a little emotion or spark, legal aggresion, namely on D.  Tamas brings the "nasty" without a doubt and offensively....Brady.  They play football the way it should be played  

Bubba better preach discipline....the first three games have been horribly undisciplined....and embarrassing!!

Conference play starts this week, UND needs the fan support more then ever after yesterday's debacle....show up Saturday and be loud!!  

In 2 of the last 4 games (playoff last year, SD this year) I have seen as much undisciplined play, stupid penalties, lack of passion, and poor preparation and coaching decisions as I have seen by any Sioux team in the last 45 years.  All we need to complete the circus is sideline dancing.  I was sure that Bubba would eliminate many of these problems.  At minimum, 4 years in I thought we wouldn't get humiliated any more.  Time to shape this program up.  

• Upvote 1

UND needs to be in survival / playoff mode the rest of the season. This game next week will set the stage for the rest of the year.

Any updates on the injuries in yesterdays game? Especially the O-Line? Going from a deep experienced group to FR-FR-SO-JR-SO isn't ideal, but could also be exciting, let's see what they have.  

8 hours ago, AJS said:

UND needs to be in survival / playoff mode the rest of the season. This game next week will set the stage for the rest of the year.

Any updates on the injuries in yesterdays game? Especially the O-Line? Going from a deep experienced group to FR-FR-SO-JR-SO isn't ideal, but could also be exciting, let's see what they have.  

In other words:

RUN THE EFFING TABLE!!! :D

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4329877-und-trying-regroup-big-sky-opener-ahead

"UND says newly injured cornerback Evan Holm, right tackle Mat Cox and left tackle A.J. Stockwell are questionable for the Montana State game.

Fullback Kyle Norberg, who was hurt in Week 1, and linebacker Noah Larson, who was hurt in pre-fall camp, are also questionable.

Deion Harris, Andre Randolph, Demon Taylor, Cam Hunt and Donnell Rodgers are out."

I would put the Holm, Cox, Stockwell being questionable as a big win. Even if they can't go this weekend, none of them sound like long term. Dissapointed with Larson news.

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4329877-und-trying-regroup-big-sky-opener-ahead

"UND says newly injured cornerback Evan Holm, right tackle Mat Cox and left tackle A.J. Stockwell are questionable for the Montana State game.

Fullback Kyle Norberg, who was hurt in Week 1, and linebacker Noah Larson, who was hurt in pre-fall camp, are also questionable.

Deion Harris, Andre Randolph, Demon Taylor, Cam Hunt and Donnell Rodgers are out."

I would put the Holm, Cox, Stockwell being questionable as a big win. Even if they can't go this weekend, none of them sound like long term. Dissapointed with Larson news.

Was Larson questionable last week? I'm disappointed that Hunt is out and not even questionable.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Moving On To The Bobcats
33 minutes ago, AJS said:

Cripes, at this rate we will have to pull a bunch of redshirts just to have a two-deep lineup at every position! :0

This will test our coaching staff as they try to put a competitive team on the field this Saturday.