SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday vs USD

Nodak78

15 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

You realize that's a penalty.  Should have been 15 yards and a game ejection for making contact with the head.  Strev was sliding and gave himself up on the play.  Jeez.  But like the Energizer Bunny Strev popped up and kept going & going.

Austin Simmons is the backup and last year I thought he was actually better than Strev.  So I think the team would be in good hands if Strev went down.

Streveler was sliding???  He doesn't come across as one that slides. Looks to me he got tripped up and Tamas finished it 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Yote 53 said:

You realize that's a penalty.  Should have been 15 yards and a game ejection for making contact with the head.  Strev was sliding and gave himself up on the play.  Jeez.  But like the Energizer Bunny Strev popped up and kept going & going.

Austin Simmons is the backup and last year I thought he was actually better than Strev.  So I think the team would be in good hands if Strev went down.

That is not a penalty in that situation.  No referee would ever call that on a running qb that is obviously trying to get the first down.  Great no call.  Big difference if it is in the middle of the field and he is not still in the process of eluding a would-be tackler.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, coyotecrazie5 said:

It is a very close call.  Strev started to slide very late so I have no problem with the hit.  It is just odd that he would launch himself with his arms back rather than try to push him out of bounds.  I also concur on our backup QB Simmons being pretty good and I have confidence in him.

Tamas is a hitter.  He didn't put any extra into that hit, just the way he plays.  He smoked a Utah WR week #1, legal hit.

On the film, he loads up his left shoulder, easy for me to see being a former player.  If you don't prepare for the impact, which he did with his left shoulder, you're going to get hurt.

I always say that if a qb wants to not get hit, he needs to slide earlier.  I truly don't think that qb was trying to slide at all.  Looks like he started falling forward as he was cutting up field.  

Side note, I've noticed d-backs trying to make the big shoulder hit a lot (and not always wrapping up to make a solid tackle).

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Tamas is a hitter.  He didn't put any extra into that hit, just the way he plays.  He smoked a Utah WR week #1, legal hit.

On the film, he loads up his left shoulder, easy for me to see being a former player.  If you don't prepare for the impact, which he did with his left shoulder, you're going to get hurt.

He's had some big hits but I'd really like to see he and Flowers show that they can actually tackle instead of hit. I have liked his play so far though. 

He wasn't sliding, it looks more like his lower body was hit as he turned up field and when he saw the other hit coming he tried to avoid it.  I have only watched Streveler play a few times but I can't recall ever seeing him come close to sliding.  Doesn't really fit the player that I watched against UND as he tends to run through a lot of tackles.