Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC TV - Worth it?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a garbage company that runs this.  Every year they have giant issues.  For the low low price of 100 plus dollars you get to feel like a 80 year trying to find wheel of fortune on your new TV your

There's plenty to be negative about these days, and heaven knows that NCHC.tv hasn't always been perfect, but I received this in my e-mail today and I kinda smiled. I have to say...the fact

Did you tell him to have CC unplug their Internet, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in?

Posted Images

3 hours ago, ChesterFritz90 said:

In February 2018, Sidearm and CBS Advanced Media announce partnership that will allow CBS Advanced media to power all of Sidearm video platforms while Sidearm will power all of CBS Advanced Media's college websites.

That explains the CBS all access' new hockey channel

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight, I tried casting from my the NCHC App on my iPhone to my AT&T box and it's been the best broadcast. 

Not once has it froze up. When I used the Chromecast App connected to my Chromebook, it would freeze up for a few seconds a few times a game.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nodakvindy said:

I found that a while back but all that was available was Hockey East. Still hopeful though. 

I need an NHL option so I can get the NHL package. I switched from DirecTV to AT&T TV and I might use the NHL app to watch my Bruins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Goon said:

I need an NHL option so I can get the NHL package. I switched from DirecTV to AT&T TV and I might use the NHL app to watch my Bruins. 

They do a online streaming option much like the NCHC app. And find friends bc you can have multiple logins. My buddies and I have like 10 on our account and split the cost

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2020 at 7:44 AM, Langster019 said:

They do a online streaming option much like the NCHC app. And find friends bc you can have multiple logins. My buddies and I have like 10 on our account and split the cost

On Chromecast and in the App store on my AT&T TV box, I found the NHL app, it looks like we can get the NHL for 4.99 a month. I think I can watch the Boston Bruins that way. I also have Flo Sports and it has casting. You pay $150.00 a year and you get all kinds of college hockey and dirt track racing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

i called sidearm with my thoughts on the app...said CC internet went down last night.  didn't sound too confident that it would be up tonight.  nice that within ten seconds you can actually have a live person on the phone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i called sidearm with my thoughts on the app...said CC internet went down last night.  didn't sound too confident that it would be up tonight.  nice that within ten seconds you can actually have a live person on the phone.

Did you tell him to have CC unplug their Internet, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in?;)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Did you tell him to have CC unplug their Internet, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in?;)

that's what i told my friend...haha...when my/his wifi goes down you just unplug the modem and your good....lots of canned responses to my questions but a cordial convo on both sides with the guy on the phone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that think that NCHC-TV has been good at solving problems, this has not been the case whatsoever.  Those of us that have been All-access pass users from the beginning have seen that to be the case.  The Apple TV App has been horrendous to use and that has been the case until the last couple of weeks.  Moving around the App is bad and previous to this week, if you moved to the "Live" games, it would knock you out of the App almost every day that you tried to watch games.  For those that have not had a problem with Roku or other platforms, since the first week of the pod, good for you.  The issue is that what we pay for is what they say we should get.  Apple TV was one of the first that they said would be a good system to run, and I bought the newest Apple TV to make that happen to replace my old Apple TV which I had to Airplay to from my IPad.  Through the whole pod, when the Apple TV App did not work, I tried to Airplay from the NCHC-TV App on my IPad and it did not work.  It did work when I airplayed from the NCHC-TV web site.

As far as last night, it was another bad situation and if they are not using sat feed and counting on internet to feed them the stream, that is another serious issue.  I am not sure if that is the case from every arena.  That is obviously the reason Midco worked and Sidearm did not.  If Sidearm does not have the capability to use a sat feed, they need to change that situation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

syracuse, NY.....315-424-3000

I have not called, but have a string of e-mails that I have sent.  I always copy info@nchchockey.com in my e-mails to sidearm.  The frustrating part is that it never seems to be their problem when they respond, and all of a sudden they find a problem and things change.  Sometimes they never seem to read the e-mails and I have actually sent screen shots to them to show them the problems.  Whoever redid the NCHC-TV App for the Apple TV this winter did a very poor job.  It was better before their redo of the App.   Amazingly I never had any problems with any other of the Apps on Apple TV.  I am actually thinking of doing FloHockey for a couple of months to check out their broadcasts of WCHA and the ECHL games.  Would be good if some folks have that opportunity to provide feedback on that platform vs. NCHC-TV. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KSSioux said:

For those that think that NCHC-TV has been good at solving problems, this has not been the case whatsoever.  Those of us that have been All-access pass users from the beginning have seen that to be the case.  The Apple TV App has been horrendous to use and that has been the case until the last couple of weeks.  Moving around the App is bad and previous to this week, if you moved to the "Live" games, it would knock you out of the App almost every day that you tried to watch games.  For those that have not had a problem with Roku or other platforms, since the first week of the pod, good for you.  The issue is that what we pay for is what they say we should get.  Apple TV was one of the first that they said would be a good system to run, and I bought the newest Apple TV to make that happen to replace my old Apple TV which I had to Airplay to from my IPad.  Through the whole pod, when the Apple TV App did not work, I tried to Airplay from the NCHC-TV App on my IPad and it did not work.  It did work when I airplayed from the NCHC-TV web site.

As far as last night, it was another bad situation and if they are not using sat feed and counting on internet to feed them the stream, that is another serious issue.  I am not sure if that is the case from every arena.  That is obviously the reason Midco worked and Sidearm did not.  If Sidearm does not have the capability to use a sat feed, they need to change that situation. 

I doubt sidearm has the equipment to pickup satellite backhaul. I also doubt World Arena actually has a satellite backhaul. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

I doubt sidearm has the equipment to pickup satellite backhaul. I also doubt World Arena actually has a satellite backhaul. 

How did Midco's coverage of the game not be effected by the "Internet" outage?  I do not doubt that you are right, but the Midco service not being effected is a question mark.  That you rely on feeding 1000's of customers from one internet source is highly questionable.  If this is the case there should be back up plans in place to maintain service.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KSSioux said:

How did Midco's coverage of the game not be effected by the "Internet" outage?  I do not doubt that you are right, but the Midco service not being effected is a question mark.  That you rely on feeding 1000's of customers from one internet source is highly questionable.  If this is the case there should be back up plans in place to maintain service.

Midco picked up the broadcast feed from AT&T Sportsnet RM which probably had its own uplink/production truck?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Midco picked up the broadcast feed from AT&T Sportsnet RM which probably had its own uplink/production truck?

This would make most sense. Or there had another internet connection.

Based on the number of excuses we've seen from NCHC.tv so far this season they've lost my trust.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

I doubt sidearm has the equipment to pickup satellite backhaul. I also doubt World Arena actually has a satellite backhaul. 

More like a couple tin cans and a string.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...