SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

Fcs stats is comical.....3-3 UNI #25.  They got beat by Montana ....lol.   Und 4-2 pounded the !@#$ out of the same team and has a top 15 W and not rated....Good stuff :silly:

Could this be the year that we finally see a potential 5-6 team playoff bound? NCAA will make exceptions for uni even though the required win number is 6  

• Upvote 3

We always know the polls are a joke.  A popularity contest.  UNI has 3 losses.  They lost to Montana.  We have 2 losses and basically beat Montana by 40 points. We lost to FBS power  Washington and a team on the edge of being ranked.  We beat 2ranked teams in Sam Houston(at their place)  and Montana.     UNI is ranked and we are not.   What a joke. 

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I fear we may have to win out to get in to the playoffs. I’m not kidding either. One loss to anyone and they’ll send us plummeting down the polls to exile.

You are so correct.  ETSU has only beaten one team with a winning record and they are ranked #21

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I fear we may have to win out to get in to the playoffs. I’m not kidding either. One loss to anyone and they’ll send us plummeting down the polls to exile.

I wouldn’t worry about the polls.  8-3 or better and you are in.   Wins vs Sam and Monte will get you in at 8-3.

Do the people that vote in these polls actually  sit back and look at how stupid some of these scenarios look like.  They really  lose their credibility.    I agree we had better not lose any more games.   Head  scratchers for sure.  

We gave too much of a reason to doubt us last year, voters must still be a little too gun-shy to pull the trigger on us.  Just keep winning and it'll all work out.  Also, there's no way in hell you could actually explain to me logic of UNI using the results up until this point in the season.

The general consensus before the year started was 8-3 UND is in, 7-4 they are out, so none of that has changed. They just need to keep winning and the rest will take care of itself. I would think the team will be able to use this as a little extra motivation as well.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, AJS said:

The general consensus before the year started was 8-3 UND is in, 7-4 they are out, so none of that has changed. They just need to keep winning and the rest will take care of itself. I would think the team will be able to use this as a little extra motivation as well.

With what I saw on Saturday, 8-3 should be very doable.  9-2 isn't out of the question, either.  

Dropped out: Montana, South Dakota 

Others receiving votes: North Dakota 271

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/stats-fcs-top-25

We are like in 26th place. Not a bad place to be mid October after last year. Keep everyone hungry, prove the establishment wrong.

Hoepfully we can roll the dice, slowly move into top 8, host another game in the Hawks' Nest.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

37 minutes ago, Herd said:

I wouldn’t worry about the polls.  8-3 or better and you are in.   Wins vs Sam and Monte will get you in at 8-3.

I don't see 8-3 as a guaranteed play-off spot anymore.  Looks like we need a computer to take out the dipsh-ts and bullsh-t!!  Without a conference......that is probably hurting us.

Although some in the Big Sky will benefit from UND higher in the polls, a team like E. Washington or UC Davis (teams we don't play) could care less.

The biggest loser in the poll......Sac State.  I don't think the team is very happy right now!!