SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

We are 2-1 coming off a road win against a top 5 team.  Our one loss is to a top 10 FBS team.  After not even receiving votes last week,   being at 22 or 23 seems about right.  Win the next 2 games to go to 4-1, and we will be right up there ranked in the low teens if not higher.  Control what you can control and just win.  The polls will work themselves out.

14 minutes ago, Dagger said:

When you think about it why is Sam Houston ranked ahead of us  We just beat them at their place.  Common sense would say that is weird.  But common sense and polls just don't always go hand in hand. 

Not weird at all.  Upsets happen all the time, and it doesn't mean that team should be ranked ahead of the other team.  When FCS teams beat FBS teams they don't automatically get ranked ahead of them.  It does show how subjective it can be at times though. 

I understand upsets happen.   In this case their actual record isn't  as good as ours.  Their resume for this year isn't as good as ours   I do reaIize that is the way polls work when you are ranked  a lot higher based on last year.  I agree we just need to keep winning and it will be taken care of itself.   Go UND. 

45 minutes ago, word said:

USD beat NDSU in fargo a few years ago and didn't move to #1...everyone calm down, the polls will work themselves out with more W's.

Correct, in 2015.

Then the next two years SDSU beats the Bizon in conference play, first in Fargo and then in Brookings. 

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Right where we want to be, while we must continue to win. Now as teams above us lose, they slide below us.

Just win and any team in front of us by 3 to 5 spots loses, we jump them.***

***Unless it's UNI or a team entirely made up of mini Protheroe's

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I think I’ve figured out why the polls don’t make any sense;

The pollsters all rely on the Grand Forks Herald for scores and game write ups.  So they have no idea what happened on the weekend when they fill out their ballots on Monday. 

Ice cold man ice cold.  Lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dagger said:

Our record is 2 and 1..  Our loss is to #9  FBS Washington(played well against despite the score)  . We beat #4 Sam Houston at their place.  USD is 1 and 2.  They lost to an unranked FBS team and got beat handily by Weber State.  The first poll out has  USD is ranked ahead of us.  How does that work?

Because, quite frankly, this poll represents more our national reputation than play on the field this year so far.  It shows the lack of respect for our body of work over the last decade.

• Upvote 1