SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Montana is my favorite team to see lose, other than NDSU.  But I almost wish they would have won so that when we beat them in our house it looks better for us.  Hopefully Weber St. keeps winning, that will be a big game.

25 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Montana is my favorite team to see lose, other than NDSU.  But I almost wish they would have won so that when we beat them in our house it looks better for us.  Hopefully Weber St. keeps winning, that will be a big game.

As we exit the Big Sky I want nothing more than to leave those teams with bad tastes in their mouths.

• Upvote 4

Montana Griz Football is by far the biggest bark with the least amount of bite.

UND has been in the FCS playoffs more recently than Montana.

UND has won the Big Sky conference more recently than Montana.

Montana hasn't even won the Big Sky conference in 7 to 9 years depending on whether you count them getting caught cheating or not.

No reason to believe Montana will (finally) be good this year.

Respect is earned not given. As easy and frustrating it is to feel disrespected, we need to prove it was not luck. They don’t see what we see, take the time to go in-depth and breakdown the coaches and players. We put together some quality wins and we will climb the polls. This is a huge win, now we need to follow it up!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Parkers Pros said:

Respect is earned not given. As easy and frustrating it is to feel disrespected, we need to prove it was not luck. They don’t see what we see, take the time to go in-depth and breakdown the coaches and players. We put together some quality wins and we will climb the polls. This is a huge win, now we need to follow it up!

There are several schools in the. top 25 with losing records and no history of winning a conference championship in the past two years. We pulled a major upset and are 2-1 if we are not ranked it just adds to the sad politics of college sports.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

When you beat a top 5 team on the road, and you are undefeated against FCS competition (2-0), you should be a top 25 team. Idiotic if UND doesn’t at least make #25 in polls.

All in all, though, UND needs to just keep winning and that will get them in the polls. 

After victory at SHSU, and the first 3 quarters @ UW, UND is definitely a top 15 FCS team.  Probably will not work that way in the polls though.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I hope the team is more worried about Idaho State than some silly, made-up, guestimate number. 

In the post game interview with Bubba he mentioned that the team needed to enjoy it but move on to next week so I'm hoping he gets them focused on ISU...like yesterday.

Hopefully the boys don't care about it too much, but we all know they look at it and care about getting respect from the rest of the league. I honestly think that they'll crack the top 25, but would not be surprised if they just show up as "receiving votes". I actually hope they do not end up cracking the top 25, because that would definitely piss them off and the coaches would use that no-respect showing as fuel this week to kick ISU's ass even worse. I honestly think that fuel is needed, because this week scares me knowing how teams typically play after a big win like this. Reminds me of the ISU game 2 years ago at home that 100% kept UND out of the playoffs. 

Unfortunately as it relates to polls, slot voting is how most people do it and the entire resume isn't completely looked at.  I vote in the AGS poll, and I've got the Hawks in mine.  I'm guessing that UND will show up in the AGS poll, but may not in the others.  In either case - polls don't matter and the team shouldn't get caught up in them.  They should just continue to play their game and win.....the rest will take care of itself.