SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

49 minutes ago, tjbison said:

again what have I posted that is arrogant, insecure ect.. I'm interested in the FCS playoffs, just responding to a couple that have posted false info, I have not talked smack or insulted anyone, in fact go back and read my posts in this thread I even said all you can hope for is to win Saturday and let the committee decide on making the playoffs. 

I read many teams message boards and post on several but i seem to get grief here only.  Sorry for adding an outside opinion and yes there are several UND posters on BV to answer a question a few posts back

I watched the SU/Jacks game in person.  I don't think we hang with either of these teams mainly because their QBs are too good for us to stop.  (not to mention better schemes, identities, and SU has some better players on D)  If UND pulls a rabbit out of their a_s and makes it into the play-offs and to Fargo in round 2, I am not going to spend $500 on 2 tickets like I did last time we played in the dome.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tjbison said:

again what have I posted that is arrogant, insecure ect.. I'm interested in the FCS playoffs, just responding to a couple that have posted false info, I have not talked smack or insulted anyone, in fact go back and read my posts in this thread I even said all you can hope for is to win Saturday and let the committee decide on making the playoffs. 

I read many teams message boards and post on several but i seem to get grief here only.  Sorry for adding an outside opinion and yes there are several UND posters on BV to answer a question a few posts back

Toughen up you nance, this is what usually happens when a rival fan posts on a bird regardless of what they say.

6 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I cannot wait to join "the valley" and instantly have every built-in excuse readily available.  

"Alright class, put your listen ears on - it's 'the valley' talking point day.  Repeat after me:

Meat Grinder

Cannabilism

Curb Stomp

The Valley

No Bad Teams

Beat Each Other Up

UNI is a Top 10 team

The Valley

Low Scoring Games = Great Defense

High Scoring Games = High-Powered Offense

The Valley

UNI is better than their record

Missouri State would win many conferences

THE VALLEY

"Now go off and spread the word my children!"

Still need to win next week and make the playoffs or these are all reasons(excuses) to just never make any changes to the current staff.

19 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Realize that the season is not over yet, but the latest bracket from STATS/Craig Haley has 5 Big Sky teams (when you include UND) in versus just 2 from the Valley.  That would make the Big Sky the stronger conference and illustrates that the Valley is not as "strong" as some believe or even hope.  I don't think the disparity has been as large in recent years as some people like to think.  The fact that the MVFC has been dominated by two DII move-ups since they joined that league says volumes about the quality of the other members.

As far as "finding solace" in the fact that UND is moving to the Valley, I'll pass.  It's like leaving the Big 10 for the Big 12.  

But to get back on topic, North Dakota just needs to win this weekend, preferably convincingly, and let the chips fall where they do.  Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling we are going to get passed over for whoever wins the Brawl of the Wild game.  Too much name recognition to overcome there.

I can't see either Montana or UNI getting in ahead of UND, if we win SAt.  We handily beat Montana and they beat UNI so that should mean help the process. 

3 hours ago, tjbison said:

Its how the game is played here. 

4 hours ago, tjbison said:

What have I posted but facts to SiouxVolley that also hold up against Bin's comments about the Valley that make me insecure?  They both are trying to downplay that in FACT the MVFC has been a stronger conference since 2002, this year is questionable yes

SiouxVOlley tried to say the MVFC was weak because in 2002 Western Kentucky won a Championship and the Valley did not win another till 2011, while in that exact same time frame the Big Sky only won 1 also, but he didn't want to respond to the fact that since 2002 the MVFC has put 5 different teams in the Championship game compared to 2 from the Big sky,  When 2 conference teams meet in the NC game its undeniable the strength of the conference or when one conference has been in the title game every year since 2011

Those are FACTS, the insecurity comes from the 2 downplaying their future conference, NDSU thought exactly the same thing going from the GWFC to the Valley, 2009 we were beat up bad and went 3-8, took a whole new recruiting class and philosophy in 2010 to change it around.  I'm sorry if I believe UND is going down that same route, think what you want but playing Physical Power games week after week compared to chuck the pigskin offenses is a whole different animal.

You're not exactly helping your case here on the insecure thing.

• Upvote 2

From roughly the 12:50 mark of the NCAA video: 

Host institution for playoff games when both teams are unseeded, criteria shall apply as follows: 
A. Quality of facility
B. Revenue potential plus estimated net receipts
C. Attendance history and potential
D. Team's performance
E. Student athlete well-being (travel, school)

So many ways to choke on this; let us begin ...

• So A, B, and C matter for FCS football, but not for hockey regionals? :huh:
  • Note that E comes in, well, last -- but the NCAA is all about the student athlete. :glare:
  • And money (B and C) beats D (performance) and E (students) -- again the NCAA exposes what it's really about. 

33 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

From roughly the 12:50 mark of the NCAA video: 

So many ways to choke on this; let us begin ...

• So A, B, and C matter for FCS football, but not for hockey regionals? :huh:
  • Note that E comes in, well, last -- but the NCAA is all about the student athlete. :glare:
  • And money (B and C) beats D (performance) and E (students) -- again the NCAA exposes what it's really about. 

No surprise.

Estimated attendance essentially determines site. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

No surprise.

Estimated attendance essentially determines site. 

My understanding - 1st round for unseeded teams

Estimated attendance gives a school a baseline to run a sound budget, but a school can bid however much they want and lose $ on the game.(often private donations will come in on top of what the school is willing to pay)   So the real answer is just plain "Revenue".  That's what the bid is for, how much will your school pay for a home game.  A,C,D and E are meaningless, or the committee will say were equal upon consideration.

After 1st round, just meet minimum bid and have adequate facilities.

17 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Estimated attendance gives a school a baseline to run a sound budget, but a school can bid however much they want and lose $ on the game.(often private donations will come in on top of what the school is willing to pay)   So the real answer is just plain "Revenue".  That's what the bid is for, how much will your school pay for a home game.  A,C,D and E are meaningless, or the committee will say were equal upon consideration.

Dont forget to factor in whether or not an extra flight could be needed.  Say all else is equal, and Montana and Montana State have the highest bids, but North Dakota and South Dakota are relatively close, they could give UND or USD a home game instead of one of the Montana's, if the cost of a flight is more than the difference in bids.  This example is hypothetical and doesnt factor in conference affiliation or any other circumstances.

Also, listing multiple unrelated factors allows them to justify almost any decision they make.

2 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Does that help or hurt UND's chances? 

As of now, we are ranked higher in that poll than both Montana schools and many MVFC schools, including UNI.  Southland might have 2 or 3 ranked in that poll though.  We need the southland to only have one team in.

The simple ratings system will probably be way more important.  I wish the formula or rankings were public.

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Do you think Chaves and UND would bid much more than what they expect ticket/attendance revenue would be? An aggressive athletics department with a lot of donors could do that, but unfortunately I don’t think UND falls into that category, yet. UND will likely stick to baseline (estimate attendance) revenue figures.

UND was seeded in 2016 so we never did see what the bid materialized as. I was told that the 2015 bid was quite healthy though. 

39 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

As of now, we are ranked higher in that poll than both Montana schools and many MVFC schools, including UNI.  Southland might have 2 or 3 ranked in that poll though.  We need the southland to only have one team in.

The simple ratings system will probably be way more important.  I wish the formula or rankings were public.

After Nicholls state won last night I thought I saw one of the Hero sports guys say that that will probably the only southland school in?!?

Incarnate Words las two games of the season (which one was last night) was cancelled against North Alabama (Independent transitioning to FCS) and then Iowa State so that means they finish probably 6-5.

Lamar, ACU, and McNeese are all 6-4 which Lamar and McNeese play each other next so one of those two are out.

One of ACU's wins is against a Division 2 school so they're out.

McNesses' only good win is against Nicholls and Lamar played an NAIA school so I don't see either of them getting it.