SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

8 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

STATS latest projection...

E20E16EC-379A-4998-9E39-0EC6B95A37B1.jpeg

Five of the 10 automatic bids have been secured.

North Dakota State (Missouri Valley)

Colgate (Patriot)

Jacksonville State (Ohio Valley)

Kennesaw State (Big South)

San Diego (Pioneer).

Yet to be determined as AQs

Big Sky

CAA

Northeast

Southern

Southland

The 24-team pairings will be announced during a selection show Sunday on ESPNU (12:30 p.m. ET).

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

CAA is the toughest conference top to bottom this year. Other years I would agree on the MVFC but not this year.

NDSU is clearly the top team again this year.

I saw one of the teams on top of the CAA in person this year, Delaware. They would not win more than 4 games on the MVFC, maybe not even 4. 

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Overheard some Bison fans:

"UND is so bad. They have never beaten a team that has finished the regular season undefeated!"

What if we win on Saturday, the bracket above comes to fruition and then we beat UIW at home.  I know a lot of ifs, but who would be ready for that game?

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

What if we win on Saturday, the bracket above comes to fruition and then we beat UIW at home.  I know a lot of ifs, but who would be ready for that game?

Better to get our butts kicked in Fargo than sit on are butts at home.  Just need chip chair and chance.  I've heard way too much "would rather not make playoffs and get butts kicked."  Experience in playoffs would be great for returning players.  Coaching changes should have nothing to do with what happens Sunday morning 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UND1981 said:

We aren't within 5 touchdowns on the score board with the buffalo.  Players would like that playoff game or games.  As a fan,  I wouldn't be able to watch a match up in Fargo with this years depleted squad.

I would bet you a chunk of change if you give me 35 points in that matchup.  All the pressure would be on them.  We have far better players than you think.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, ajries18 said:

Picture

your point?  Nowhere does it say MVFC is better than the SEC, if your reference is College students making a sign then that's funny, cause there are a ton of Hawks fans on film making complete A...s of themselves also.

As for playoffs, only thing UND can do is focus on this Saturday which Im plenty sure the team probably is, then wait till Sunday and see what happens at 11:30 AM on ESPNU

3 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I would bet you a chunk of change if you give me 35 points in that matchup.  All the pressure would be on them.  We have far better players than you think.  

While anytime you play a football game there is a chance, if these two teams play 100 times NDSU wins 98 of them. There is not a single position group the UND has an advantage over NDSU. 

2 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

While anytime you play a football game there is a chance, if these two teams play 100 times NDSU wins 98 of them. There is not a single position group the UND has an advantage over NDSU. 

No of course not, every man on the NDSU's roster is far better.  98%?   Isn't that what you were saying in the early 90's too?

On 11/13/2018 at 12:50 PM, nd1sufan said:

I think the Big Sky has proven the last two years that when you dip down to the 4th and 5th teams in the conference for playoff spots they are not deserving, whether they are 7-4 or 8-3. They have been blown out at home by non-scholarship teams. Maybe it is time to try some 6-5 MVFC teams. NCAA basketball will take an 18 win ACC team over a 26 win Summit team. What is the difference? 

OR the committee will look and the combined record of the teams UND beat which is 19-35. Not a lot of strength there.