SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

7 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

And then NCAA will screw us (again) like they did in 2015.

Control what's yours to control

UND failed miserably at doing that more than once this season. If they would've exercised control over what was theirs to control, they'd still have some control. 

That said, all that is under UND's control right now is the will to ...

BEAT NORTHERN ARIZONA.

That's what you get when you cede control to someone else. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Control what's yours to control

UND failed miserably at doing that more than once this season. If they would've exercised control over what was theirs to control, they'd still have some control. 

That said, all that is under UND's control right now is the will to ...

BEAT NORTHERN ARIZONA.

That's what you get when you cede control to someone else. 

I obviously agree (and no one is disagreeing) that UND needs to beat Northern Arizona. 

However, like 2015, UND already dug itself a hole in the NCAA’s eyes by losing games they should’ve won. No complaining if UND is overlooked by the NCAA FCS playoff committee.

I will say, though, that at least this UND team hasn’t lost to a 2-9 team like they did in 2015. That helps.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I obviously agree (and no one is disagreeing) that UND needs to beat Northern Arizona. 

However, like 2015, UND already dug itself a hole in the NCAA’s eyes by losing games they should’ve won. No complaining if UND is overlooked by the NCAA FCS playoff committee.

I will say, though, that at least this UND team hasn’t lost to a 2-9 team like they did in 2015. That helps.

Don't forget the "quality loss" to Washington :wink:

11 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Just a 3-7 one :crazy:

Awful to lose to Idaho. I won't be surprised if UND doesn't make it. Didn't earn a guaranteed spot. But our bubble resume really isn't any worse than other bubble team resumes. They're all on the bubble for a reason. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Just a 3-7 one :crazy:

Awful to lose to Idaho. I won't be surprised if UND doesn't make it. Didn't earn a guaranteed spot. But our bubble resume really isn't any worse than other bubble team resumes. They're all on the bubble for a reason. 

Yes.

Most, if not all, of us agree that the Idaho game will be the difference maker if UND beats NAU but still doesn’t get in to the playoffs. Not to mention the fashion that UND lost to Idaho ...

I still firmly believe a couple UND coaches should lose their job as DI football coaches as a result of that debacle. 

On 11/11/2018 at 9:20 AM, zonadub said:

MVFC bias. UND's independent status (no one in UND's corner at the selection meeting). Still think UND gets snubbed, no matter Saturday's outcome.

Pretty sure conference reps leave the room or cant talk about their own teams.

As much as I want und to make the playoffs ....the coaches are not playoff worthy.  No way Rudy should be still he a und employee. Rudy should be handed his walking papers today than und can promote a positional coach, freund, for the game against NAU and potentially playoffs.  Anything, ANYTHING ....would be better than Rudy.  I would have to believe that  a freund run offense would be able to generate more than (3) 1st downs in the second half vs a team like port st.     Let Kostich coast out the year and than hand him his papers. 

• Upvote 1

You guys can’t let a 5th year Bizen fan get to you. He’s just here to troll and go back and try brag to his buddies on how he got someone mad. He’s not here to add good conversation.   

Now far as my opinion on the playoff scenario. Yes we need to win the NAU game first, after that I’m not gonna try predict what the committee will do. I will be happy with a playoff berth obviously, do I honestly think this team deserves it? No. It’s not because of the players, it’s the headsets and the guy sitting up in the booth on a chair with a 6 pack of crayons. 

13 Wofford (7-3)    
14 Elon (6-3)    
15 Towson (7-3)    
16 Maine (7-3)    
17 Delaware (7-3)    
18 Nicholls (7-3)    
19 ETSU (8-2)    
20 Dartmouth (8-1)    
21 San Diego (8-2)    
22 McNeese (6-4)    
23 Southeast Missouri State (7-3)    
24 UIW (6-4)    
25 Montana State (6-4)

Others: 

Indiana St(124)    6-4

Idaho State (112)  6-4

Lamar         (99)    6-4

Alcorn State (90)    7-3

Montana (89)      6-4

UNI (81)         5-5

Furman (74)      5-4

Nortth Dakota  (72)   6-4

8 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

#25 in the coaches poll.....Just goes to show you how many teams truly are on the bubble.

I was going to post this next. NCAA coaches poll

18 Delaware 7-3    
19 Maine 7-3    
20 Dartmouth 8-1    
21 McNeese 6-4    
22 San Diego 8-2    
23 Southeast Missouri State 7-3    
24 Indiana State 6-4    
25 North Dakota                   6-4
  • Like 1