SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

7 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

Great point. This board is exceedingly good at downgrading our own accomplishments - and we do it week after week. It's amazing to see. 

We hand Montana one of the worst losses in the history of their program (worse than most FBS schools have beaten them) and we don't give ourselves credit. We rush for the second most yards in UND history (in history!!) and we downgrade it by talking about how bad our opponent is - even though we DOUBLED their average rush yards given up. And on and on. I'm mostly entertained by these types of comments, but there are times when I just shake my head at the overall attitude of many of the posters here. 

Love this post!  

This team is rolling right now.  We have destroyed, Northern Colorado, Montana and Sacramento State the last 3 weeks. The question is how good can this team be?

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

This team is rolling right now.  We have destroyed, Northern Colorado, Montana and Sacramento State the last 3 weeks. The question is how good can this team be?

Other than special teams they seem to be improving each week. I hope this trend continues. 

15 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Love this post!  

Should have put 60 pts on the board against Sac St without turnovers.  Mont only beat Sac St by 7, 41-34, so UND’s margin over SAC was no fluke but consistent.  Getting more confident that this team can handle MVFC and CAA teams too in the playoffs.  Montana actually beat UNI and held WIU close.

The OL seems to be rolling and JJ and Oliveira can put up yardage.  Jaxson Turner seemed to fill in admirably for Tanner Palmborg.

You know that terrible over ranked UNI squad that everyone talking about over here?  You may get your wish to play that team in the 1st round of the playoffs.   2 of the 3 bracket's I've seen have you playing UNI.  Would be interesting to see who outbids who for hosting that one, as it could determine the winner.

14 minutes ago, Herd said:

You know that terrible over ranked UNI squad that everyone talking about over here?  You may get your wish to play that team in the 1st round of the playoffs.   2 of the 3 bracket's I've seen have you playing UNI.  Would be interesting to see who outbids who for hosting that one, as it could determine the winner.

I hope we do play them and I hope we continue our winning streak against them.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Herd said:

We will be 9-2 with a seed.  The can play us in GF.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Herd said:

You wait til they finally win a big game then show up defending them. Classic.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Dustin said:

It would be tough to outbid UNI, according to my NDSU alum coworker. 

UNI defends it’s mbb to the hilt (paying big bucks to Jacobson) but can’t afford much else.  FB is well below on priorities.  They dropped baseball and still can’t spend much. UND dropped baseball, WiH, and M&W Swimming and now seems to find money for capital improvements.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/northern-iowa/uni-panthers/2017/07/06/uni-athletic-department-suffers-deficit-2016-fiscal-year/455659001/

UNI has to compete for fb fans in Iowa against the Hawkeyes and Cyclones.  UNI fb just simply cant compete whereas sometimes mbb can.  UND needs to compete against NDSU for fb fan attention, so a playoff win at home is much more strategic for it.  Confident that UND will find a way to win a home bid, even if boosters have to help sweeten the pot.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Dustin said:

It would be tough to outbid UNI, according to my NDSU alum coworker. 

Isn't it a closed (secret) bid? Does the institution have an opportunity to raise their bid if they are not the high (first round) bidder?

Guessing that Chaves would not want to lose the first opportunty to host under his leadership.

21 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Isn't it a closed (secret) bid? Does the institution have an opportunity to raise their bid if they are not the high (first round) bidder?

Guessing that Chaves would not want to lose the first opportunty to host under his leadership.

Not really sure how it works. 

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s a closed bid so it’s benificial to be heavy handed.

UNI has had bigger attendance in some games but UND has been more full per game than UNI.  Hopefully, Chaves sees the importance of bidding big.  Lots of people willing to buy tickets for students which can create a bigger sellout and more ticket revenue for UND/NCAA.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s a closed bid so it’s benificial to be heavy handed.

But the previous bids are then revealed after the fact aren’t they?  Thought the AD’s knew what a winning bid cost based on bid history.  If a several seeded 1-8 team lose, remaining schools can slide up to host again if the bid is the highest.

3 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

But the previous bids are then revealed after the fact aren’t they?  Thought the AD’s knew what a winning bid cost based on bid history.  If a several seeded 1-8 team lose, remaining schools can slide up to host again if the bid is the highest.

If a 1-8 team loses, that means it goes to the third round of the playoffs in which the highest seeded team then hosts.  There are no bids after the first round.

1 minute ago, southpaw said:

If a 1-8 team loses, that means it goes to the third round of the playoffs in which the highest seeded team then hosts.  There are no bids after the first round.

Said several teams would need to lose.  At least five seeded teams to be precise.  The previous bidding price would still hold.

20 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Said several teams would need to lose.  At least five seeded teams to be precise.  The previous bidding price would still hold.

You have to go all the way back to 3 years ago to see what happens when the top seeded teams lose in the second round in the same part of the bracket.  The team that beats the top rated team then gets to host.  Not that difficult to figure out with any type of interneting.

On 10/24/2018 at 6:02 PM, Herd said:

Bump.

• Upvote 2