SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football Polls

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

This may be a dumb question, but is something I've thought about.  Would you rather us get a top 8 seed, or play in the first round with a home game?  Sometimes I almost feel like best case scenario for us might be to get first round home game, and get that first W in the playoffs and take it from there.  Obviously a seed and a bye in first round and then winning that home came in the second round would be the best outcome.  Long ways to go though, and still possible for us to drop 2 games and not even be in the discussion.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

This may be a dumb question, but is something I've thought about.  Would you rather us get a top 8 seed, or play in the first round with a home game?  Sometimes I almost feel like best case scenario for us might be to get first round home game, and get that first W in the playoffs and take it from there.  Obviously a seed and a bye in first round and then winning that home came in the second round would be the best outcome.  Long ways to go though, and still possible for us to drop 2 games and not even be in the discussion.  

Top 8 seed without question.  

Long way until than. 

5 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

In 2016, I think it was actually a little bit of a curse being seeded and having the first round playoff bye.  Our bye week that year was also the last week of the season, so we had three weeks in between football games.  I think we would have done better playing a home first-round game to get our feet wet, and then go from there.  This year, with our bye week in the middle of the season, I don't see any reason to not want a seed.  A seed is so beneficial (or at least can be) to teams because they get a bye after a long season, and then a home playoff game.

• Upvote 1

Don’t overlook the 1st round bye. It’s a good thing and UND should obviously shoot for it. Not having to play a extra game and immediately being one step closer to the National Championship has plenty of positives too.

UND absolutely should’ve won in 2016 versus Richmond. But they didn’t. The coaches and players have most likely learned from that collapse and won’t repeat it. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Don’t overlook the 1st round bye. It’s a good thing and UND should obviously shoot for it. Not having to play a extra game and immediately being one step closer to the National Championship has plenty of positives too.

UND absolutely should’ve won in 2016 versus Richmond. But they didn’t. The coaches and players have most likely learned from that collapse and won’t repeat it. 

The way UND came out of this recent bye, I'd love to see them get another one!

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

From your link "Big Sky Conference – In the 13-team conference, only UC Davis is above .500 (3-1) on the road. Eastern Washington is the only team that’s .500 (2-2)."

UND is 3-1 on the road, that loss being Washington.

Does UND factor in a little here, being UND is what I would call a semi-independent as it is playing a Big Sky Conference schedule? And, when Big Sky teams play the Hawks, it's a conference game for them, but not for UND. 

On 10/17/2018 at 7:55 AM, siouxfan512 said:

That means we should schedule UNI every year.

Coaches told me UNI will happen after one more season. They are throwing in the cattle school at the same time. Then all we need to do is schedule Montana as often as possible. Run the table on these three and we should be in the NCAA Stats Top 25, of course they'll get quality losses for this and still be ranked above us.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:53 PM, Dustin said:

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/16675 #19 here

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/bracketology  First round playoff @ E. Washington; winner to travel to NDSU

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20181016095048548571304&ref=rec&tm=308&src=CFB

This is last week's bracketology from STATS that I don't believe anyone posted.  It has UNI coming to Grand Forks, with the winner going to Brookings.  I expect that to change once new predictions come out this week.

21 minutes ago, Dustin said:

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20181016095048548571304&ref=rec&tm=308&src=CFB

This is last week's bracketology from STATS that I don't believe anyone posted.  It has UNI coming to Grand Forks, with the winner going to Brookings.  I expect that to change once new predictions come out this week.

That will change every week as we enter the FCS Stats top 25 this week and slowly climb the polls each week (if we continue to win, Weber going to be tough) as teams above us slip.