SiouxSports.com Forum

Injuries

Longtime fan

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

IMO will play alot only if something happens to Santiago or Oliviera.

And the fact that UND is only averaging 60.7 plays on offense per game, so far this year.  There aren't enough offensive snaps to spread the ball around.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Is johanneson(sp) expected to take on a larger role or is he not finding his way at UND the way people expected?

Wishful thinking on your part - hmm joining a team that has two pre-season All American running backs, learning a new system, adjusting to school. Just wondering what you were expecting? 

7 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Wishful thinking on your part - hmm joining a team that has two pre-season All American running backs, learning a new system, adjusting to school. Just wondering what you were expecting? 

Seriously? You must make a real effort every day to view the world with such negativity. In what world could my comment be viewed as anything but taking it at face value? Sheesh

42 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Seems like most here see 2017 as a lost year, may play out differently, but that seems to be the tone here.

That said, looking ahead to 2018, what are the major losses to graduation and what will the projected two deep look like? Is 2018 a rebuilding year or is there an opportunity to make a run?

"Lost year"....seems harsh to say so early in the year.  The injuries have mounted and the game plan has yielded minimal results.    Win or lose, this team always makes some big plays that make it fun to watch.  

Certainly a Jekyll and Hyde team (i think Mr Hyde is on the injured list, though)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

"Lost year"....seems harsh to say so early in the year.  The injuries have mounted and the game plan has yielded minimal results.    Win or lose, this team always makes some big plays that make it fun to watch.  

Certainly a Jekyll and Hyde team (i think Mr Hyde is on the injured list, though)

It’s not really that early in the football season anymore. After this week we’re closer to the end than the beginning.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Seriously? You must make a real effort every day to view the world with such negativity. In what world could my comment be viewed as anything but taking it at face value? Sheesh

Seriously? You must wake up and log onto to Sioux Sports while the coffee is brewing?  Please share how your question "Is he not finding his way at UND the way people expected" is not a backhanded snear.  Please share your insights on what we were expecting?  So I'm negative and you're wanting us to believe that you come here with a positive attitude toward UND and just want to contribute to the conversation? 

7 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Seriously? You must wake up and log onto to Sioux Sports while the coffee is brewing?  Please share how your question "Is he not finding his way at UND the way people expected" is not a backhanded snear.  Please share your insights on what we were expecting?  

The dude came in with massive excitement and the expectation of making an immediate impact, those weren’t my expectations they were all of yours. Given that he hasn’t been a game changer this year, is it not a fair question to ask if he is expected to take on a larger role or is he not the player YOU ALL expected.

If you don’t believe me just look back at the JJ posts from when it was first announced. There was talk of him being enough of an impact player that the coaches would move Santiago to receiver. 

10 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Seriously? You must wake up and log onto to Sioux Sports while the coffee is brewing?  Please share how your question "Is he not finding his way at UND the way people expected" is not a backhanded snear.  Please share your insights on what we were expecting?  So I'm negative and you're wanting us to believe that you come here with a positive attitude toward UND and just want to contribute to the conversation? 

Pretty much.

12 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I know it’s a novel concept given the vitriol on most boards, but yes. I like conversations about football, crazy I would come to a site to do just that.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If you don’t believe me just look back at the JJ posts from when it was first announced. There was talk of him being enough of an impact player that the coaches would move Santiago to receiver. 

I'd still like to Santiago out wide more often than he currently is, but that would take vision on the offensive side of the ball.

With that said, JJ has not been as good as expected, at least not yet.  He doesn't deliver contact like a RB his size should.

20 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I will say it.  JJ redshirted for the Gophs and sat a year at the Gophs, 2 years of college football, he's ready to produce.  But.........we play a 'system' at UND that means we stack our talent at RB without regard to getting our best weapons on the field.  Major fail.  JJ could wheel out of the fullback/RB spot and make Morlock appear to be in slow motion.  Santiago can play in the slot.  Brady is the truest RB.  So we certainly could move these guys around a little but do we do it?  Of course not - 

Most OCs would be licking their chops with what we have in the backfield. I tried giving Rudolph time because I saw a few good things here and there but 3 years is enough for me to know he isn't gonna get it done. Someone who is innovative with each game plan is what we need. Also a playbook that doesn't take 2.5 years to learn would be nice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

backhanded snear, that's pretty correct. A troll without a home. Mostly bringing up stuff with a negative aspect about UND. Just like the last one about not going to the FB games  because UND lost

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

backhanded snear, that's pretty correct. A troll without a home. Mostly bringing up stuff with a negative aspect about UND. Just like the last one about not going to the FB games  because UND lost

Oh I apologize, exactly which positive aspect of UND’s current situation would you like to discuss?

You are about the thinnest skinned crew on the internet if my comments are considered trolling here. You’re own ilk has  said tons worse about JJ. But my comments are too much, got it.

• Upvote 2

The bad news: UND is decimated by injuries and will most likely have to run the table to have a remote shot at post season. 

The good news: Some guys who would be getting first game reps are juniors are now getting them as redshirt freshmen. Experience, and the coaches seeing what they really have earlier in the recruiting cycles, isn't a bad thing*.

*What stinks is how we got it. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Oh I apologize, exactly which positive aspect of UND’s current situation would you like to discuss?

You are about the thinnest skinned crew on the internet if my comments are considered trolling here. You’re own ilk has  said tons worse about JJ. But my comments are too much, got it.

You finally get it, thanks for trying to serve another plate of cow sh$t.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

We could discuss how we're better at getting injured than teh mighty bison

• Upvote 1