SiouxSports.com Forum

Game day: F'n Hawks vs Bears

geaux_sioux

40 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Why? Missouri state DID look impressive last week. UND shut them down this week.

I think UND shutout a formidable offensive attack today, don't you?

If the Missouri state offense isn't very good, then what about today's UND defensive performance is good? 

I think it is somewhere in the middle. Go Sioux was just saying tacjling was horrible in tjr Missouri game and you kind of jumped on him. I think our defense is pretty good, but Missouri seriously mist be horrible to give up 34 in one half and we shut them out the entire game. Granted we got some turn overs but bottom line is we shut them out. Great showing by our defense today, that said we are really thon up the middle and I still have my concerns. I wasn't totally blasting you, but you were blowing things out of proportion when you said we were blowing things out of proportion when we said Missouri's defense was bad. We got awin today,  but I am still worried about SD next week. 

4 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I am happy with the outcome and the shutout...but we have a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball.

I think everybody would agree that there's still work to be done. As I see it this is the perfect game for that. You win easily, but still have plenty of film to look over that shows "you're not there yet". I'd like to dominate every game, but have just enough go wrong to keep everyone working hard and not have any one get complacent.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I think everybody would agree that there's still work to be done. As I see it this is the perfect game for that. You win easily, but still have plenty of film to look over that shows "you're not there yet". I'd like to dominate every game, but have just enough go wrong to keep everyone working hard and not have any one get complacent.

Remember it is early in the season, team looks good for this point.  Plenty to to work on, specials, penalties etc, but it will come.   Bubba has taken this program a long ways in a relatively short time.

12 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Remember it is early in the season, team looks good for this point.  Plenty to to work on, specials, penalties etc, but it will come.   Bubba has taken this program a long ways in a relatively short time.

I was just saying that this was a perfect game for teachable moments since we handled them easily.

• Upvote 2

Just got back to Fargo, defense played great big turnover at the goal line killed any Bears momentum. Offense was pretty good Studsrud threw the ball really good no picks and no ugly passes. Olivera had a great game running the ball. I think the downside to the game was shotty officiating. Missed a PI in the corner of the end zone in the third quarter in front of my section, a missed facemask too. Special teams needs work. Missed FG, muffed punt and 2 kickoff out of bounds could have been a game changer if not for the defense. Great crowd, great result. Should be a great Hawk year.

14 minutes ago, Class_of_98 said:

Don't want to go back and read all the pages, so if this was covered I apologize.  Anyone hear how Donnell Rodgers is?  Also, was that Demon Taylor with arm cast on sideline?

Don't think donnell is very good, and I think it was demon Taylor.  Lots of defensive injuries this season so far, how many defensive players have we lost for the season or extended periods?

3 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Why? Missouri state DID look impressive last week. UND shut them down this week.

If the Missouri state offense isn't very good, then what about today's UND defensive performance is good? 

Sioux94 explained it very eloquently. Have a good season. 

3 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I don't know what Missouri state looked like last week but their offense today was one of the worst I have seen in a while. Our defense played really well today but even a somewhat decent offense should be able to score some points. 

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

A great win but if Bubba is serious about a championship team he will do what is necessary to shape up the special teams who are a problem again after costing us a playoff win last year and have a word with Rudolph about keeping the defense off balance. 

5 hours ago, Irish said:

A great win but if Bubba is serious about a championship team he will do what is necessary to shape up the special teams who are a problem again after costing us a playoff win last year and have a word with Rudolph about keeping the defense off balance. 

I thought Rudy called a pretty good game today.  

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I think it is somewhere in the middle. Go Sioux was just saying tacjling was horrible in tjr Missouri game and you kind of jumped on him. I think our defense is pretty good, but Missouri seriously mist be horrible to give up 34 in one half and we shut them out the entire game. Granted we got some turn overs but bottom line is we shut them out. Great showing by our defense today, that said we are really thon up the middle and I still have my concerns. I wasn't totally blasting you, but you were blowing things out of proportion when you said we were blowing things out of proportion when we said Missouri's defense was bad. We got awin today,  but I am still worried about SD next week. 

9 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Sioux94 explained it very eloquently. Have a good season. 

The problem with message boards is grey area or nuanced opinions aren't understood or even seen. If an opinion doesn't fall in the company line perfectly, it's viewed as dissenting and opposing. My opinion was never that MSU was great, nor was it that UND wouldn't be successful against them. I simply stated that MSU looked good against a fully funded SEC defense...impressive given MSU's status as a doormat in the MVFC. Many here somehow took offense to that opinion for some odd reason.

UND impressed yesterday.