SiouxSports.com Forum

Missouri State Predictions

UND Fan

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I mean, what's wrong with using our best asset? We are a running team. Set the tone against a particular squishy defense. 

Predictability, predictibiliy, predictability  !!   The opposing Ds are setting 9 in the box , disguised or not, against UND on 1st and 2nd downs.  They know what's coming!  We all know what's coming!!  

Try and set up the rush game once  by passing to start a game!  Or maybe delays....pitches....screens....etc... and for the love of God....use the &$!&@%*  TEs !!!!  

I love a run heavy offense but to watch Santiago plow his way into a waiting wall of giants on 1st and 2nd downs is frustrating. Would love to see Santiago go out wide . Doubt that will ever happen.  UND pulled Izzys shirt to have him clap from the sidelines!?  Frustrating.  UND does have TEs! Look at last week what happens when you use them.   The list goes on and on  

The opposing DCs job is made easy:

1st down - Santiago straight up the gut. 9 in the box 

2nd down - Santiago off the tackles hip. 9 in the box 

3rd down- obvious pass- the opposing defenae  backs off a tad, knowing that UND passes on every 3rd down and more often then not brings a blitz package to disrupt Keaton. 

4th down. Punt!! 

Repeat. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Predictability, predictibiliy, predictability  !!   The opposing Ds are setting 9 in the box , disguised or not, against UND on 1st and 2nd downs.  They know what's coming!  We all know what's coming!!  

Try and set up the rush game once  by passing to start a game!  Or maybe delays....pitches....screens....etc... and for the love of God....use the &$!&@%*  TEs !!!!  

I love a run heavy offense but to watch Santiago plow his way into a waiting wall of giants on 1st and 2nd downs is frustrating. Would love to see Santiago go out wide . Doubt that will ever happen.  UND pulled Izzys shirt to have him clap from the sidelines!?  Frustrating. UND does have TEs Rudolph!   Look at last week what happens when you use them.   The list goes on and on  

The opposing DCs job is made easy:

1st down - Santiago straight up the gut. 9 in the box 

2nd down - Santiago off the tackles hip. 9 in the box 

3rd down- obvious pass- the opposing defenae  backs off a tad, knowing that UND passes on every 3rd down and more often then not brings a blitz package to disrupt Keaton. 

4th down. Punt!! 

Repeat. 

I could't agree more - I have come to hate this sequence - However, at some point some of the responsibility needs to roll down to Bubba (blasphemy, I know).  Bubba hired Rudolph and watches all of the game film with him.  Why Bubba lets him carry on for another year like this is totally beyond me.  Come on - play to win and give the team a chance to go places.  Stomping all of the weaker teams with run first and only and then getting stuck when it's crunch time could be a big problem.  I can't imagine an O coordinator with less of a feel for the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Irish said:

I could't agree more - I have come to hate this sequence - However, at some point some of the responsibility needs to roll down to Bubba (blasphemy, I know).  Bubba hired Rudolph and watches all of the game film with him.  Why Bubba lets him carry on for another year like this is totally beyond me.  Come on - play to win and give the team a chance to go places.  Stomping all of the weaker teams with run first and only and then getting stuck when it's crunch time could be a big problem.  I can't imagine an O coordinator with less of a feel for the game.

Here's three clips of posts from 3 different posters from last season's SD football thread.

Up gut play one up gut play two pass play three.
The Fighting Hawks logo is jinxed!
Well we are leaving

As you all know, we miraculously came back. It's like are we trying to hide something? Is there not enough confidence in the rest of the team? is this a decoy not to expose our potential? We have to learn how to run? I just don't get it, have to see what happens Saturday.

I predict:

12,600 fans.  UND wins and doubles the points scored by misery.   I will have two beers during the game.  We have six plays of over 35 yards.  OC is declared a genius.   I leave with three hawkchiefs.  Everyone says the game experience was better than last year.  Misery wins four games this year.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I predict:

12,600 fans.  UND wins and doubles the points scored by misery.   I will have two beers during the game.  We have six plays of over 35 yards.  OC is declared a genius.   I leave with three hawkchiefs.  Everyone says the game experience was better than last year.  Misery wins four games this year.

I doubled the score, I'm spot on except I may leave with one hawkchief and some of those six plays over 35 yards must be passing. We just need to mix it up a lot more so we are ready for the tough games.

On 9/6/2017 at 11:05 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

I predict:

12,600 fans. Actual was 12,060. Not too bad

UND wins and doubles the points scored by misery. Not even close Never expected a shutout.

I will have two beers during the game.  Nailed it

We have six plays of over 35 yards failed

.  OC is declared a genius.??

I leave with three hawkchiefs. Nailed it

Everyone says the game experience was better than last year. Nailed it

Misery wins four games this year. Doubtful

I think it would be fun if the predictors explained what happened to their predictions.

• Like 1