SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday vs Utah

geaux_sioux

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

It will be interesting to see how much Bison06 is on here after they lose their first D1 game to UND.  Its coming.

Really out on a limb with that prediction, “it’s coming”.

So at any future date when UND beats NDSU, your prediction will be correct. Got it.

Since they’ll be playing at least once a year for the foreseeable future, I feel pretty confident in saying UND will win a game vs  NDSU in the future.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Really out on a limb with that prediction, “it’s coming”.

So at any future date when UND beats NDSU, your prediction will be correct. Got it.

Since they’ll be playing at least once a year for the foreseeable future, I feel pretty confident in saying UND will win a game vs  NDSU in the future.

UND will get back on top of the rivalry as they always do and then i doubt you will hang out here much.  2019?  2020? 2021?  Maybe playoffs next year?  What is your prediction Bison06?

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

UND will get back on top of the rivalry as they always do and then i doubt you will hang out here much.  2019?  2020? 2021?  Maybe playoffs next year?  What is your prediction Bison06?

Why wouldn’t I be back? I’m fact, when UND and NDSU are playing yearly I’ll post here more often, not less. 

My honest prediction for UNDs foreseeable future isn’t optimistic. I thought this year(2017) was a year that UND had a chance to make some noise. I think there are some rough years ahead if I’m being honest. Real prediction: UND will have a new head coach the next time they play NDSU.

6 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I said Utah had some incredible players, not that they were and incredible team.  

That's not what you said at all.  You said that this year's Utah team was far better than last year's Iowa team.

Utah is 1-6 in their last 7 games including blowout losses at Oregon (20-41) and at home against Arizona State (10-30).  

5 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Why wouldn’t I be back? I’m fact, when UND and NDSU are playing yearly I’ll post here more often, not less. 

My honest prediction for UNDs foreseeable future isn’t optimistic. I thought this year(2017) was a year that UND had a chance to make some noise. I think there are some rough years ahead if I’m being honest. Real prediction: UND will have a new head coach the next time they play NDSU.

No you didn’t.  Show me where you made that prediction.  Oh wait,   now you  grace us with the post season unveiling of your preseason 2017 prediction and give us your 2018 prediction.  Thanks for your insight.

46 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

No you didn’t.  Show me where you made that prediction.  Oh wait,   now you  grace us with the post season unveiling of your preseason 2017 prediction and give us your 2018 prediction.  Thanks for your insight.

I’m not a professional blogger, I don’t have an obligation to post my opinions on every FCS team publicly. I adopted the level of optimism that UND’s fanbase had heading into the year and given your QB was a four year starter and I had been told by many people I trust to know UND’s program that the offensive line would be improved, I understood the optimism so I bought it.

Not saying I expected UND to compete for a national championship, but I honestly thought they would be a playoff team this year. Believe me or don’t, doesn’t matter to me.

As far as my 2018 prediction when I say it’ll be Bubba’s last year, is that really even that outlandish? Others have said that if you don’t make the playoffs next year he’ll be gone, I just happen to agree.

Given UND’s schedule, I believe you’ll start 0-2 and will be battling uphill the rest of the year and miss the playoffs. 

18 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Utah is now 5-6 on the season after losing earlier tonight at Washington.

They aren't that good and it now all makes sense. UND stuck with them better than UND did with some of their Big Sky Conference opponents. In fact, UND looked better against Utah than they did against Southern Utah ... upsetting.

UND had issues from game 1; thus, the injuries were only part of the problem. 

40 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I’m not a professional blogger, I don’t have an obligation to post my opinions on every FCS team publicly. I adopted the level of optimism that UND’s fanbase had heading into the year and given your QB was a four year starter and I had been told by many people I trust to know UND’s program that the offensive line would be improved, I understood the optimism so I bought it.

Not saying I expected UND to compete for a national championship, but I honestly thought they would be a playoff team this year. Believe me or don’t, doesn’t matter to me.

As far as my 2018 prediction when I say it’ll be Bubba’s last year, is that really even that outlandish? Others have said that if you don’t make the playoffs next year he’ll be gone, I just happen to agree.

Given UND’s schedule, I believe you’ll start 0-2 and will be battling uphill the rest of the year and miss the playoffs. 

You obviously are an uninformed provoker since the O line you referenced never played together because of injuries and it was 3 frosh and a sophomore most of the way.  So somebody you know and trust doesn't know squat.  My understanding is that Reyes may get his medical red shirt for the year meaning two All American's back in the secondary - I doubt Bubba's gone after 18 but if he is I will seek you out and let everyone know you were right 

10 minutes ago, Norhsidepride said:

You obviously are an uninformed provoker since the O line you referenced never played together because of injuries and it was 3 frosh and a sophomore most of the way.  So somebody you know and trust doesn't know squat.  My understanding is that Reyes may get his medical red shirt for the year meaning two All American's back in the secondary - I doubt Bubba's gone after 18 but if he is I will seek you out and let everyone know you were right 

You may want to read back a few months on this board and tell me again how uninformed I am about the O line optimism.

Reyes won’t be getting a medical redshirt.

On 8/17/2017 at 9:00 PM, Feff said:

The line will have more experience, will be returning Cox from injury which should help, and have much more depth coming behind to push them and help to keep injuries from hurting us too badly. Everyone will have another year of strength training as well. We should, should, have a better line than last year even with losing Coe. If they can get back to the the 2015 level or above, this offense will be fun to watch. If they are like a repeat of last year than we'll be seeing a number of close games like last year. 

On 8/17/2017 at 9:12 PM, ND1 said:

I agree, the coaches I have spoken to all agree the o-line is better than last year. Combine that with studs and the triple threat in the back field, this could  be a very fun year to watch! 

On 8/17/2017 at 10:05 PM, AJS said:

The depth will be much improved over last year. It's an experienced bunch, but what's exciting is we have legitimate battles going on for starting spots. What's the most exciting of all, is a lot are coming from the RS freshman class. Sounds like Rooney (So) is a lock at center, Taylor (Jr) at RG and Cox (Sr) at RT, Tobin (FR) is pushing Bell (SR) hard at LG and Stockwell (SR) is being pushed by Mortel (FR) and Bennett (FR) at LT. We have Blair (So) who started a few games at RT backing up Cox, Aplin (JR) who started 8 games last year at either guard or center. Miller (SR) has experience starting at one point and played a lot last year. Add Nygon and Russo also to the list. 

Breaking it down to class and position, I think I'm more excited about the potential of the FR O-Line class than any other on the team. The O-Line will be improved this year, but should be outstanding for years to come. 

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

I am not defending Bubba, the season was a train wreck for a lot of reasons which had nothing to do with x's and o's.  It is very easy for you to come on here at this point and say "I thought UND was going to have a great season, blah, blah, blah, but now UND is in the tank and Bubba will be gone."  Do you spend this much time on Bisonville? 

8 hours ago, Bison06 said:

So number of NFL players is the criterion for a better college team? Not wins and losses or some other measure that shows how well a team plays together?

Its ok to just admit that all of the “this Utah team is incredible” talk was premature.

Up here we use time of possession to determine who is the better team. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I am not defending Bubba, the season was a train wreck for a lot of reasons which had nothing to do with x's and o's.  It is very easy for you to come on here at this point and say "I thought UND was going to have a great season, blah, blah, blah, but now UND is in the tank and Bubba will be gone."  Do you spend this much time on Bisonville? 

Isn’t the above what 90% of the posters on this board have been saying for the past 2 months? I’m not making outrageous claims, nor am I here to pour salt in your wounds. You, along with others, made a ridiculous claim about Utah following that game and I thought it would be interesting to revisit how good Utah really was this year now that the season played out.

Then, you asked for my opinion on the next time UND and NDSU play, I told you I thought UND would have a new coaching staff the next time they play. For some reason, me saying what countless others on this board have said is trolling.

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

You did not tell me when UND will beat NDSU?

Hard to predict much past the upcoming year. I couldn’t even tell you who NDSU’s starting quarterback will be the next time NDSU and UND play. 

Given the current trajectories of each team, it’s hard for me to not predict an NDSU win in 2019, but that could change in an instant. My guess is Kleiman will get some serious looks following this year if the right jobs are open, so NDSU may even have a new staff in 2018 or 2019.

13 minutes ago, Feff said:

Sorry but at this point Bison06 is trolling. Dredging up old posts in the hopes of eliciting responses that really do absolutely nothing to further any conversation other than to point at the bad year UND had. 

If trolling equals backing up statements with facts by quoting the posts I was referring to, then I suppose I would be trolling.

30 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If trolling equals backing up statements with facts by quoting the posts I was referring to, then I suppose I would be trolling.

A troll is "a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response."

Your posts fall under the extraneous as they really service zero purpose outside of your amusement. You are quoting old posts and knowing that it will notify those posters, and you are also probably intending them all to try to respond, again for the purposes of starting an argument for your amusement. Try and be as polite and civil as you want, you're still trolling.