SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday vs Utah

geaux_sioux

• 2 weeks later...

I've got to come clean. I'm the reason we lost to Utah. I didn't drink any Labat Blue that night.... I should have learned my lesson from the year before. I tried Tecate and Hofbrau the first two games then went with Labat for the USD game. We are 10-1 with me drinking Labat pre game/during games. I went back to it last week. I won't miss another week until it starts to fail. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I've got to come clean. I'm the reason we lost to Utah. I didn't drink any Labat Blue that night.... I should have learned my lesson from the year before. I tried Tecate and Hofbrau the first two games then went with Labat for the USD game. We are 10-1 with me drinking Labat pre game/during games. I went back to it last week. I won't miss another week until it starts to fail. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Go to the closest liquor store and by a case of Labat...like right now!

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2017 at 10:28 AM, UND1981 said:

Utah>Iowa>Iowa State.  None of the 5 Buffalo championship teams could beat this Utah squad.  Very proud of our guys for keeping their fans in their seats to the very end.

On 9/1/2017 at 10:33 AM, Midwestern Hawk said:

Last night's Utah team was far better than Iowa was last season, and comparisons to Iowa State are a joke.  LOTS of guys on that Utah team will make a living on Sundays in a couple years.

On 9/1/2017 at 11:24 AM, jdub27 said:

Iowa ended 2016 ranked 41st by Sagarin. Time will tell where Utah finishes and not that it means anything at this point, but they are starting the season at 24.

On 9/1/2017 at 11:40 AM, MafiaMan said:

I recall last year UND fans poo-poo'ing NDSU's win over Iowa as the Hawkeyes being over-rated and not as good as advertised.  Now we're crowning Utah national champions based on one season-opening game against an FCS opponent?  That horrible Iowa team managed to defeat a pretty good Michigan squad late in the season last year.  

Utah is now 5-6 on the season after losing earlier tonight at Washington.

37 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

And Iowa is 6-5 this season after finishing 8-5 last season.  Those comparisons are meaningless.

You are the one who brought up the comparison, but you are now saying they are meaningless. Which one are you going to go with?

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You are the one who brought up the comparison, but you are now saying they are meaningless. Which one are you going to go with?

No I was responding to some trolls on here(you?) at the time and agreeing with Gundy.  I stand by my original post, Utah has far more players on its roster that will make a living on Sundays than Iowa does.  The big Ten West minus Wisconsin is awful.  Utah lost to Washington.  

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

No I was responding to some trolls on here(you?) at the time and agreeing with Gundy.  I stand by my original post, Utah has far more players on its roster that will make a living on Sundays than Iowa does.  The big Ten West minus Wisconsin is awful.  Utah lost to Washington.  

So number of NFL players is the criterion for a better college team? Not wins and losses or some other measure that shows how well a team plays together?

Its ok to just admit that all of the “this Utah team is incredible” talk was premature.

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So number of NFL players is the criterion for a better college team? Not wins and losses or some other measure that shows how well a team plays together?

Its ok to just admit that all of the “this Utah team is incredible” talk was premature.

I said Utah had some incredible players, not that they were and incredible team.  

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

I said Utah had some incredible players, not that they were and incredible team.  

I’m just giving you a little grief. So I’m not coming at you directly, but you did say “utah is far better than the Iowa team that NDSU beat last year”, in addition to saying that they had better players.

Btw, that QB that Iowa had that isn’t as good as the QB that Utah had is starting in the NFL as a rookie.

On 9/1/2017 at 10:33 AM, Midwestern Hawk said:

Last night's Utah team was far better than Iowa was last season, and comparisons to Iowa State are a joke.  LOTS of guys on that Utah team will make a living on Sundays in a couple years.

4 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I meant their personnel.

I understand that you said that. But at least acknowledge you also said that this years Utah team is FAR better than last year’s Iowa team. And now that both seasons have played out, all objective measures would point to the opposite. 

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I understand that you said that. But at least acknowledge you also said that this years Utah team is FAR better than last year’s Iowa team. And now that both seasons have played out, all objective measures would point to the opposite. 

The Utah team that UND faced was playing better than the Iowa team was that NDSU defeated.  I'll stand by my comment.