SiouxSports.com Forum

Utah Predictions

UND Fan

In looking ahead to the interstate rival BYU the following week, Utah overlooks the little FCS /JV Fighting Hawks!  They struggled against Southern Utah last year and will struggle again this year.  

UND 23

Utah 17

A while back I thought we would lose in a fairly close game. That was before the injuries we have had. Until we beat a top 25 team we have not beat a top 25 team. Unfortunately the way I feel right now is that Utah wins by more than the spread of 21 points. So I guess I second Oxbow6. Maybe I have a bad taste in my mouth with the way things ended last year. Reading about all the players Utah have has me concerned if we can play with them. Sorry for the downer. 

I'll be honest and say that I've done no research on Utah. I know the name and that they've been very good in recent years, but how good are they slated to be this year?

On a side note, I've been to that stadium for a wedding and it's an incredible venue. 

Completely biased, uneducated and wholly irrelevant homer pick:

UND -- 27
Utah -- 20

UND - 24

Utah - 23

Need a defensive score and Utah to sputter with new OC, New O--line, New QB.  Disterhaupt will likely be shadowing their QB on 3rd down cause of his legs, gets a forced fumble on him.  We need to play really well cause Utah has some size and a lot of talent.

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Und 54

Utah 6

Our new triple reverse option offense will generate a ton of points. However, Utah will get three safeties in the possessions when we're backed up in our own end.

With Utah's new offense coordinator, new QB and new offensive line, their offense struggles against a veteran fighting hawk d line.

I think UND's O will hold their own for the most part but will make quite a few costly mistakes against an unforgiving team. Containing Utah's new young QB will be our ultimate demise but our banged up and thin DB world will not help things. UND will have more grit and will keep it a game but I have Utah 38- UND-20

2 minutes ago, UofUUtes said:

It will be a battle for 1 1/2 quarters while a new QB gets over some butterflies and it will be 21-10 at halftime. Second half heat and elevation will wear down UND and Utah will pile up points. 

Utah - 45

ND - 17

We play at elevations  the same or higher than SLC all the time so I highly doubt that is a factor. Utes still win handily.

Defensively, I think Utah picks on our corners finding huge success on Hunt's side for some big plays. Offensively, we have some success on the ground with 175 yards rushing as a team but under 100 yards in the air. 

Utah-40

UND-17

31 minutes ago, Big Green said:

If we are a true top 10 team we keep this within 10 pts.  If we are a National championship contender we win this.  My prediction 28-27 UND.

The national champion last year lost to an okay P5 team by 28. 

29 minutes ago, Big Green said:

If we are a true top 10 team we keep this within 10 pts.  If we are a National championship contender we win this.  My prediction 28-27 UND.

Although I don't think UND will win, I follow this same logic that if UND is actually a Top 10 team, I think they keep it within 14. Not saying Utah isn't more talented, but they have a lot of new players, along with a brand new offense. UND comes with their best offense they've ever had (veteran unit), some questions on defense, but still a lot of talent. I'll be very surprised & disappointed if they don't cover.

Along with Utah having a lot of new starters, if you've followed the last couple years, Utah hasn't struggled, but hasn't really smoked any of their FCS opponents (24-0 against SUU last year). I think it's only natural when you're in the P5 to sort of overlook an FCS opponent or like BYU last Saturday, play a real vanilla game, not wanting to give too much away.

My prediction: 27-24 Utah