SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Non-UND

geaux_sioux

36 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Friggin Poly follows their first round playoff loss to San Diego with another turd at home.

This loss will end up haunting the Big Sky if Poly makes a run.  Want them to tank now.  Uff.

If they tank that means they were really bad.  Cause they have the easiest schedule in Big Sky history.

7 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i guess on the flip side what school would run that type of offense in 2017....boring for fans and name a school that has been succesful in the last 20 years...

If you don't appreciate a well oiled machine I guess you might call it boring...

Turn on a service academy or Ga Tech game sometime. It's a blast. 

The option can still be an effective offense in college football. 

Colgate had a full fall camp to prep for the option.  That helps vs. the teams that will have one week to prep for it during the season.

Cal Poly hurt themselves with a turnover giving Colgate a short field for the first TD and also a 60 yard TD run for the second TD.  Being down 20 isn't ideal for an option offense. 

I still think Poly competes well during the season.  This loss will haunt them though.

1 minute ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Yes they were. Champions of 1999 and 2000 with the TO and very close many times the years following until they went FBS. Not sure if they still run it. Anyone? 

Jerick McKinnon was still running the TO for GA Southern in college a few years back.

2 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

The Citadel and Wofford both run triple option.  Both are perennially in the FCS playoff hunt each season.

I think some were critical (me), of the 45 full back dives, by an "All-American" by the way.  I didn't know most carries was a category for All American.  I don't recall other triple options teams running the system that poorly and not making an adjustment.  Cal Poly did run a few full back traps in the 2nd half but never established an outside attack.  Hats off to Colgate, they made the triple option look pretty lame.

3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I think some were critical (me), of the 45 full back dives, by an "All-American" by the way.  I didn't know most carries was a category for All American.  I don't recall other triple options teams running the system that poorly and not making an adjustment.  Cal Poly did run a few full back traps in the 2nd half but never established an outside attack.  Hats off to Colgate, they made the triple option look pretty lame.

Thank you. It's hardly a triple option when you use one option 90% of the time. 

• Upvote 1