SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

SiouxVolley

Just now, SiouxVolley said:

Denver has won the regular season and tournament each of the past three season and their looking for four.  Perhaps the Summit gives the previous champion team hosting rights.  Last year Denver hosted too.

If I remember correctly the Big Sky use to award the post season tourneyment to the prior year champion.  Kind of makes sense as teams can arrange hotel and travel prior the the week before.

24 minutes ago, Big Green said:

If I remember correctly the Big Sky use to award the post season tourneyment to the prior year champion.  Kind of makes sense as teams can arrange hotel and travel prior the the week before.

Yes, that is correct.  That idea is ok, but it doesn't really reward the current team that would reap the most benefits from playing a tourney at home.  I would prefer that the regular season champion get to host the current tournament.

While obviously the easiest path is the best, but I wanted Idaho again.  We never seem to play well there and I want us to bury them tomorrow.

Been watching volleyball for a while, but dang if things don't turn around in a hurry.  We brought back everyone from last year and this tourney is not a cake walk like it was for us last year.

STATS ALERT!!

I think the biggest difference from last year to this year is Merseli.  She was on fire in November last year, hitting .233 with 4 kills per set, much better than she had been doing before that.  So they went to her more often, over 12 attacks per set when she normally got about 10.  And having that weapon from the back had to have made things open up for the front row hitters.

This November, her numbers are pretty much what they have been all year, hitting about .170 with 2.8 kills per set. 

FWIW, over the last 2 sets yesterday, Tamara had 8 kills with 2 errors on roughly 25 total attacks.  Hope it continues.

• Like 1