SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher ticket price predictions

undfan71

7 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

I was on the website the second tickets went on sale, but it was already sold out.  Makes me wonder if there were actually any tickets available.

See my comment above yours, I got 2. Kept clicking 'search again' since some people probably had the clock run out on their ticket order and they were released back to the public.

2 hours ago, tnt said:

That is a good question not only for this game, but for many.  What is the breaking point?   It is a fine line that UND has to walk with this going forward, not only with single game tickets, but with season tickets.  We have already seen apathy in other fan bases across the country, and even in the student fan base here for many games.  You definitely want to keep the arena full to continue to perpetuate the success that UND has had.   Without that success you will see the demand go down dramatically.  We see how fast apathy can creep into a fan base, as witnessed by Wisconsin which had such a passionate fan base.  Hope UND can walk that fine line and keep the success going and keep that apathy out of our fan base. 

I said this earlier and I'll say it again, the market will correct itself, it always does. As long as UND keeps bringing in TOP talent and has winning seasons year in and year our, prices will be high (as they should be). Once the talent dries up and they start popping off losing seasons, the tickets will drop in price. 

On 9/1/2017 at 2:35 PM, Vegas_Sioux said:

I just looked about 200or so available on stub hub all upper deck 

There are season ticket holders that can't make every game. If they can't make a game or weekends games, they usually give them away or try and sell them. Sometimes some leave the seats vacant, which I think is a very poor option. I don't think 200 is such a high number of seats being sold, there probably will be more than that. But, in this case if they sell for $200 or more some may try and sell theirs where they might of normally gone to the game.

On 9/1/2017 at 2:35 PM, Vegas_Sioux said:

I just looked about 200or so available on stub hub all upper deck 

That is about 1.5% (that's a high estimate too) of all the tickets/seats in the arena. This is the game most fans have been waiting for (although I think the luster of the sioux/gophers is not as high as it used to be) and most of them will be going.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mikejm said:

There will be many tickets sold for $500 per seat, per night.

I know folks in my section - 112 - who've already topped that.

Instead of lining the pockets of a greedy scalper--err, season ticket holder, why not just take the old lady out to a nice dinner, watch the game on TV, and donate half the difference to charity?  You'd still be ahead.

11 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Instead of lining the pockets of a greedy scalper--err, season ticket holder, why not just take the old lady out to a nice dinner, watch the game on TV, and donate half the difference to charity?  You'd still be ahead.

I can't stand greed either but this post is a bit corny...:)

12 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Image result for i'll take dorothy mantooth

• 2 weeks later...