SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher ticket price predictions

undfan71

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I really thought the price tag would at least slow the sales a bit, but apparently I underestimated how much everybody has been craving this matchup again.

My Gopher buddy in Fargo said he'd give me $200/ticket to tag along for any of my 4 in Sec. 110 for either night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

My Gopher buddy in Fargo said he'd give me $200/ticket to tag along for any of my 4 in Sec. 110 for either night. 

Two things wrong with your post:

A.  You have a Gopher buddy.

B.  You failed to include in your post that you told him to eat $hit and die upon hearing his request.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Gopher? $200 per ticket? I'd tell him you're running a Gopher special: $200 per period, three period minimum. 

On 8/24/2017 at 7:04 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Because unlike your example, it's regular season college hockey. Period. 

The $45-50 ticket has been the norm at UND for a long time now, which is by no means cheap, but the quality of the product has sustained the value.

While I do not dispute that UM is a premium opponent, and could command a premium price, a 100% markup is steep.

What the average fan does not need to see is UND getting cozy with the idea of trying to make up its Athletics deficit entirely by doing cash grabs at the box office.  What starts out as Gopher nostalgia now could soon see $70-80 price points on other matchups.  That would be unfortunate and would price out a lot of people.  IMHO, fans need to stick up for one another, and the standard answer should never be "Why can't you just go to the exhibition game or the Thanksgiving games against Sisters of the Blind."  That is not going to cultivate loyalty, especially among newcomers and non-entitled kids.

The average fan has been getting cozy in 45-50 seats for the past 17 years and now it is time to change. UND has been short changing themselves for a long time and it is about time they raise their prices a little bit. Demand for Sioux hockey tickets has been at an all time high since the opening of the new Ralph and UND should be capitalizing on it. The market always corrects itself and if UND has a couple bad years of attendance, prices will go down.

I am sick and tired of hearing about how high ticket prices are (only a few people), if you don't like the prices, stay at home and watch the game. We are not in the D2 days where we can basically give away tickets. We are supposedly a "big time" program now, lets start acting like it as fans.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

The average fan has been getting cozy in 45-50 seats for the past 17 years and now it is time to change. UND has been short changing themselves for a long time and it is about time they raise their prices a little bit. Demand for Sioux hockey tickets has been at an all time high since the opening of the new Ralph and UND should be capitalizing on it. The market always corrects itself and if UND has a couple bad years of attendance, prices will go down.

I am sick and tired of hearing about how high ticket prices are (only a few people), if you don't like the prices, stay at home and watch the game. We are not in the D2 days where we can basically give away tickets. We are supposedly a "big time" program now, lets start acting like it as fans.

Going from $50 to $99 doesn't price out a lot of individual fans for the two game series, but it does shut out most of us who want to bring a family of five to the game.  Thanks for the advice of telling me to stay home and watch the game though....:huh:

9 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Going from $50 to $99 doesn't price out a lot of individual fans for the two game series, but it does shut out most of us who want to bring a family of five to the game.  Thanks for the advice of telling me to stay home and watch the game though....:huh:

So, you should take priority over the other 11,600 fans who spent $99 for the series? So they charge $50 for the game and you still can't get tickets, what is your next complaint? I get it, you want to go to the game for cheap, who doesn't, it's not reality and based on it being a sell out, would be pretty foolish for the University to not charge a fair market value. I

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

DisneyWorld has also shut out most of my family of fourteen! I can only afford $3 a ticket!

HELP!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackheart said:

The game is sold out, so it obviously didn't price out anyone. I am also going to guess even if they kept it at $50, you still wouldnt have been able to get tickets, thus looking for ones on the secondary market (and paying a higher price).

You can complain all you want about the price of the tickets but UND is 100% justifiable in raising the price. Like I said before, UND has been spoiling fans for years with cheap tickets and now is the time to raise them up.

7 hours ago, AJS said:

So, you should take priority over the other 11,600 fans who spent $99 for the series? So they charge $50 for the game and you still can't get tickets, what is your next complaint? I get it, you want to go to the game for cheap, who doesn't, it's not reality and based on it being a sell out, would be pretty foolish for the University to not charge a fair market value. I

Never said I should take priority over anyone....just stating that most people either can't or aren't willing to spend $500 for a night of hockey.  That's all.

14 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Never said I should take priority over anyone....just stating that most people either can't or aren't willing to spend $500 for a night of hockey.  That's all.

I wouldn't say a family of 5 is unique, but you seem to be fixated on the fact that you have to buy 5 tickets. $500 is out of most peoples range, but I would say $250 before concessions, ect, would also be a pretty expensive night. Would you have a different outlook if you only had to buy 2 tickets?

My point will always be they sold out, so you're right, many people were probably priced out, but luckily the arena only holds 11,600 people who made it work.  

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Welcome to the real world where you have to make choices that affect you and your family.  If $500 is too much for you to spend on a night out with the family to watch UND hockey, then maybe picking the Gopher series to go to isn't the best idea.  You are not entitled for UND to make the Gopher games more affordable for you when they demand for the tickets justifies the higher prices. There are plenty of other games that are more affordable to take a family of 5 too that will be more affordable.   10am today tickets go on sale to the general public and I am confident you can find 5 tickets for less than $500 that you and your family can enjoy going to.

36 minutes ago, AJS said:

I wouldn't say a family of 5 is unique, but you seem to be fixated on the fact that you have to buy 5 tickets. $500 is out of most peoples range, but I would say $250 before concessions, ect, would also be a pretty expensive night. Would you have a different outlook if you only had to buy 2 tickets?

My point will always be they sold out, so you're right, many people were probably priced out, but luckily the arena only holds 11,600 people who made it work.  

I was fixated on 5 because that's how many I would have needed.  If i only needed 2 tickets, (which is probably the case for a lot of people) it's definitely a different outlook.  

Wonder if UND will look at this going forward and raise prices next time Minny comes to town.  What is the breaking point for a ticket to this game? $150?  $200? More?

54 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Welcome to the real world where you have to make choices that affect you and your family.  If $500 is too much for you to spend on a night out with the family to watch UND hockey, then maybe picking the Gopher series to go to isn't the best idea.  You are not entitled for UND to make the Gopher games more affordable for you when they demand for the tickets justifies the higher prices. There are plenty of other games that are more affordable to take a family of 5 too that will be more affordable.   10am today tickets go on sale to the general public and I am confident you can find 5 tickets for less than $500 that you and your family can enjoy going to.

Who said anything about being entitled to anything?  I'll make my decision just like everybody else and move on.  If it's too much, we won't go and won't give it a second thought. 

32 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

I was fixated on 5 because that's how many I would have needed.  If i only needed 2 tickets, (which is probably the case for a lot of people) it's definitely a different outlook.  

Wonder if UND will look at this going forward and raise prices next time Minny comes to town.  What is the breaking point for a ticket to this game? $150?  $200? More?

That is a good question not only for this game, but for many.  What is the breaking point?   It is a fine line that UND has to walk with this going forward, not only with single game tickets, but with season tickets.  We have already seen apathy in other fan bases across the country, and even in the student fan base here for many games.  You definitely want to keep the arena full to continue to perpetuate the success that UND has had.   Without that success you will see the demand go down dramatically.  We see how fast apathy can creep into a fan base, as witnessed by Wisconsin which had such a passionate fan base.  Hope UND can walk that fine line and keep the success going and keep that apathy out of our fan base. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Duff said:

Anyone have luck with the general sale?

Had pair of tickets for Saturday Goofs game and after putting credit card info in and selecting purchase, screen went blank and no tickets!  Same thing happened for Saturday Denver game. 

Got 2 for Friday Gopher game in Upper Deck

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Duff said:

Anyone have luck with the general sale?

Had pair of tickets for Saturday Goofs game and after putting credit card info in and selecting purchase, screen went blank and no tickets!  Same thing happened for Saturday Denver game. 

I was on the website the second tickets went on sale, but it was already sold out.  Makes me wonder if there were actually any tickets available.