undfan71

15 hours ago, johnsowe said:

I am cheap 150

15 hours ago, UNDBB75 said:

$200 per seat. 

15 hours ago, siouxstudent said:

More than a fair deal for Lowers

1 hour ago, athompson3 said:

I have heard of one set of 2 upper bowl seats for selling for $250 each for one night.

Boy have times changed.  I'd love to bring a family of five to a game sometime.  If I could just scrounge up $1,250-$1,500 in the couch cushions somewhere...

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

PS I'd tell my brother congrats and I hope he has a great night :lol:

I contemplated it. He didn't know it was Gopher weekend when they set the date. I countered that he knew it was hockey season. I decided being able to razz him about something the rest of my life is worth missing the REA experience for 1 night.

22 minutes ago, chicofelipe said:

I contemplated it. He didn't know it was Gopher weekend when they set the date. I countered that he knew it was hockey season. I decided being able to razz him about something the rest of my life is worth missing the REA experience for 1 night.

You will definitely have to give him crap. You still have Saturday at least!

Told my buddy he can choose any weekend besides October 21st for his bachelor party... then remembered to also include my daughter's birthday weekend :D

5 hours ago, AJS said:

I would say $200 per ticket for lower, $150 for upper. I think they nailed the pricing for this ticket. Personally, I wouldn't spend over $120 per ticket, but would buy them at $100 per.

The tickets are worth more than $100 each.

2 reasons:

Tickets have $99 price tag on them plus cost of donation of Champions Club or whatever donation invovled to the season ticket holder.

Secondly, the secondary maket says so.

5 hours ago, chicofelipe said:

Bring your family to the Manitoba game. 

Yeah, I don't understand why people get upset about the prices for the Gophers series.  If you can't afford it, try to go to a different series that is less expensive. 

A few years ago, my buddies and I were considering going to the Super Bowl, but decided against it when tickets on the secondary market were $3,000/ticket just to get into the stadium.  Instead we went to the AFC Championship game for $200/ticket, and had a great time and still saw some great football. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

Yeah, I don't understand why people get upset about the prices for the Gophers series.  If you can't afford it, try to go to a different series that is less expensive. 

A few years ago, my buddies and I were considering going to the Super Bowl, but decided against it when tickets on the secondary market were $3,000/ticket just to get into the stadium.  Instead we went to the AFC Championship game for $200/ticket, and had a great time and still saw some great football. 

Because unlike your example, it's regular season college hockey. Period. 

The $45-50 ticket has been the norm at UND for a long time now, which is by no means cheap, but the quality of the product has sustained the value.

While I do not dispute that UM is a premium opponent, and could command a premium price, a 100% markup is steep.

What the average fan does not need to see is UND getting cozy with the idea of trying to make up its Athletics deficit entirely by doing cash grabs at the box office.  What starts out as Gopher nostalgia now could soon see $70-80 price points on other matchups.  That would be unfortunate and would price out a lot of people.  IMHO, fans need to stick up for one another, and the standard answer should never be "Why can't you just go to the exhibition game or the Thanksgiving games against Sisters of the Blind."  That is not going to cultivate loyalty, especially among newcomers and non-entitled kids.

7 hours ago, chicofelipe said:

We got lucky....getting married the weekend before Gopher weekend.

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Because unlike your example, it's regular season college hockey. Period. 

The $45-50 ticket has been the norm at UND for a long time now, which is by no means cheap, but the quality of the product has sustained the value.

While I do not dispute that UM is a premium opponent, and could command a premium price, a 100% markup is steep.

What the average fan does not need to see is UND getting cozy with the idea of trying to make up its Athletics deficit entirely by doing cash grabs at the box office.  What starts out as Gopher nostalgia now could soon see $70-80 price points on other matchups.  That would be unfortunate and would price out a lot of people.  IMHO, fans need to stick up for one another, and the standard answer should never be "Why can't you just go to the exhibition game or the Thanksgiving games against Sisters of the Blind."  That is not going to cultivate loyalty, especially among newcomers and non-entitled kids.

Good luck with that. 

Like us all need to stick together and not let the gas mofia keep charging us .20 higher a gallon then anyone else including the huge cities of Crookston and Devil's Lake!

• Upvote 1