SiouxSports.com Forum

Improving the game day experience

CMSioux

13 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Who visited the student section of tailgating??  It was quite the scene, fun to see!!

Best I have ever seen for student tailgating.  They were having fun.  I got wiped out by fat guy who was out of control. Never missed a game in HS or college for injuries. I have continuous ice machine going on my knee til MRI tomorrow. I had walked over there with a friend to show him how crazy it was.  I was worried about him having another heart attack looking at all of the college girls.  I should have been watching out for fat guys!  

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Who visited the student section of tailgating??  It was quite the scene, fun to see!!

Possibly most surprising part of all of gameday ... absolutely crazy appearing over there. Hope that continues vs Montana State just to continue the tailgating scene and positive student attendance.

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

Best I have ever seen for student tailgating.  They were having fun.  I got wiped out by fat guy who was out of control. Never missed a game in HS or college for injuries. I have continuous ice machine going on my knee til MRI tomorrow. I had walked over there with a friend to show him how crazy it was.  I was worried about him having another heart attack looking at all of the college girls.  I should have been watching out for fat guys!  

Yikes-  

Was the cab on a truck smashed in yet?  Some trucks had 20-30 jumping in them, shocks and struts blown on one.  I saw the cops playing some games, tossing the football around.  Heal up Doc!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Possibly most surprising part of all of gameday ... absolutely crazy appearing over there. Hope that continues vs Montana State just to continue the tailgating scene and positive student attendance.

If the student interest continues and we continue winning, the alerus can turn into some serious home field advantage.

10 hours ago, northernraider said:

I noticed there was a guy walking around with a laptop during the game. I think we was measuring sounds levels, so maybe a little better in two weeks. 

He was probably adjusting the sound system as he went. That can be done by wireless using a laptop or tablet. The new system is going to take some time to adjust. Sound reacts differently in an empty building than a building full of people. They could have had it perfect in an empty arena and it wouldn't sound nearly the same with 12,000 people. The sound bounces off hard surfaces like empty seats and is absorbed by soft surfaces like human bodies.

You also have to keep tweaking all of the different speakers or zones until they work together. If you get it perfect in 206 and start making adjustments in 207 it will affect 206. You can sit in your car and hear this effect. If you play with the Fade and Balance of your car audio system you can hear how adjusting the volume from front to back or left to right can actually change how it sounds. Changing the Treble and Bass also changes the sound. If you drive alone most of the time you can maximize the sound quality for the driver. If you usually have people in the car you may try to balance it for the middle of the car, and then nobody has the best sound possible. But it doesn't take much to hear the difference if you adjust the levels.

If they do it right they will save a preset when they get it right. The Ralph used to have problems after holding a concert. They would have to readjust the whole system every time and it could take a couple of games to get it right. Now they are able to hit the preset and usually just have to make minor adjustments (sound is different every time so you always have to tweak it).

I noticed Russel Hons name on bottom of the above pictures, I know he takes very good pictures. When we were walking to the main SE door to get into the game about 3:40 pm, I noticed about 200 fans that were in green and walking NE of us towards the street lights to cross 42nd St. Some fans were already crossing 42nd, walking east. Can anyone help, my questions would be; did these fans tailgate and not go to the game? How many other fans were there like this that went by after we were inside? My next question then would be, are there fans that tailgated through out the whole game that don't go to the game? Those pictures above are packed with fans. This game day and tail gating at Hawk's Nest is getting to be a BIG DEAL! Reports of over 3,000 students that attended the game, that's over what the 4 sections 214, 213, 212, 211 hold. More going on here than last year.

4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I noticed Russel Hons name on bottom of the above pictures, I know he takes very good pictures. When we were walking to the main SE door to get into the game about 3:40 pm, I noticed about 200 fans that were in green and walking NE of us towards the street lights to cross 42nd St. Some fans were already crossing 42nd, walking east. Can anyone help, my questions would be; did these fans tailgate and not go to the game? How many other fans were there like this that went by after we were inside? My next question then would be, are there fans that tailgated through out the whole game that don't go to the game? Those pictures above are packed with fans. This game day and tail gating at Hawk's Nest is getting to be a BIG DEAL! Reports of over 3,000 students that attended the game, that's over what the 4 sections 214, 213, 212, 211 hold. More going on here than last year.

I doubt they were able to tailgate during the game.  I tailgated near the students, and cops walked by telling us it was time to go in for the game.  Pretty sure they cleared everything out.

10 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I doubt they were able to tailgate during the game.  I tailgated near the students, and cops walked by telling us it was time to go in for the game.  Pretty sure they cleared everything out.

Thx, That would make sense. So apparently some that didn't want to go to the game left the premises, but maybe the potential for a sell out was on sight.

10 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Thx, That would make sense. So apparently some that didn't want to go to the game left the premises, but maybe the potential for a sell out was on sight.

The student tickets sold out, so they probably didn't want to pay for tickets.