SiouxSports.com Forum

Improving the game day experience

CMSioux

1 minute ago, Class_of_98 said:

Apparently the west side must be ok for sound.by previous comments.  I sit in 206 and could not make out anything the refs or announcer said. Horrible compared to last year for our section.

I'm in 215, big improvement. Interesting, may have to do some tweaking.

35 minutes ago, Big Green said:

1. Not enough porta potties

2.  Sound systems still sucks

3. Champions club tent ran out of food early

4. Line to get in was long, but moved fast

Teams seems to be improved so there is that 

Are you on welfare, food stamps, housing, fuel assistance, refugee cash assistance, relocation kickbacks, Medicaid, nutrition assistance, recipient of 0% i loan, and panhandle at the Hawk's Nest?

2 hours ago, Class_of_98 said:

Apparently the west side must be ok for sound.by previous comments.  I sit in 206 and could not make out anything the refs or announcer said. Horrible compared to last year for our section.

Thanks for the confirmation.  After the initial replies I thought I was just getting old.  I'm also in 206 and had relatives in 208, and we all felt it was a major downgrade from the previous system.  If it was improved in other areas, hopefully it is just a matter of making some adjustments.

31 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

We warched from the catwalk the whole game.  Couldnt really hear the pa from there, but the catwalk crew isn't the type that cares....we're too busy making our own noise.

no complaints here

Agreed, I was on the catwalk and don't recall ever hearing the PA but I did not care one bit. 

51 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Sorry, I don't know what got over me last night, I just couldn't help myself.

Always room for improvements, and we are going in the right direction.

No problem.

I was glad to see so many people at the game yesterday.  I'll be at every game with or without improvments, just hope enough was done yesterday to make everyone come back for more.

There were a lot of pissedoff people waiting in line to piss.

10 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Thanks for the confirmation.  After the initial replies I thought I was just getting old.  I'm also in 206 and had relatives in 208, and we all felt it was a major downgrade from the previous system.  If it was improved in other areas, hopefully it is just a matter of making some adjustments.

In 207, the sound system was not very good. I was disappointed. Since it's a new system, I'm sure it's either a settings issue or the acoustics of the Alerus are what they are. 

I was very impressed with the new lighting system. Very professional looking presentation on the field - nice, nice job! 

The new signage and green accents were all great touches, keep up the good work!

Lastly, I thought the use of in-game music was much much better. It kept the fans and students who aren't there purely as diehards, like most on this board, engaged and entertained. 

40 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

In 207, the sound system was not very good. I was disappointed. Since it's a new system, I'm sure it's either a settings issue or the acoustics of the Alerus are what they are. 

I was very impressed with the new lighting system. Very professional looking presentation on the field - nice, nice job! 

The new signage and green accents were all great touches, keep up the good work!

Lastly, I thought the use of in-game music was much much better. If kept the fans and students who aren't there purely as diehards, like most on this board, engaged and entertained. 

Alerus boasts about the great acoustics, so it should be tweaking the system.  It sounded good to me.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Lastly, I thought the use of in-game music was much much better. It kept the fans and students who aren't there purely as diehards, like most on this board, engaged and entertained. 

I find it a little loud, also does the players like it being in the huddle when bam a song comes on until they break the huddle. I love the jeopardy theme during the replays.  

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

I find it a little loud, also does the players like it being in the huddle when bam a song comes on until they break the huddle. I love the jeopardy theme during the replays.  

That's the way it's done around the country, DI NCAA and NFL. Glad Alerus Center caught up to modern times and sports entertainment.

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The sound system on the catwalk sounded as if one held their hand over their mouth while speaking. 

The lighting was A+ ....well done.