SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Vikings 2017 2018

Fetch

41 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Definitely never thought of them as ever being anywhere near a dynasty and I have accepted this loss. I was able to overcome it fairly fast just remembering that even if the saints never win the superbowl again, that they'll ALWAYS have at least 1 more ring than the Vikes. It's comforting knowing there were always be one fan base to pick on because I can't really argue with packer fans, cowboy fans, pat fans, or even bear fans. You guys should find some browns fans to argue with...I hear misery loves company. You'll have to make sure to remember that advice this time next week. :) 

Please, keep telling us how you've accepted this loss.  It's great entertainment!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Definitely never thought of them as ever being anywhere near a dynasty and I have accepted this loss. I was able to overcome it fairly fast just remembering that even if the saints never win the superbowl again, that they'll ALWAYS have at least 1 more ring than the Vikes. It's comforting knowing there were always be one fan base to pick on because I can't really argue with packer fans, cowboy fans, pat fans, or even bear fans. You guys should find some browns fans to argue with...I hear misery loves company. You'll have to make sure to remember that advice this time next week. :) 

Did you spend some time living in LA/NO area or just another guy who love a front runner?  

You earn a lot more respect from me for the former vs. the latter.

13 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Sorry, how is a Packer fan supposed to know how many super bowls the Vikings have choked in? If they lose their fifth super bowl it will be the record.........

The Vikes were betting line underdogs in three of the four super bowls they lost.   We can count the first one as a choke but in the other 3 the opponent was favored so that doesn't constitute choking for most reasonable people.

The first one in '69 is similar to GB losing to Denver as 11 point favorites in SB XXXII with a HOF QB at the helm.   Both would be considered choke jobs.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

The Vikes were betting line underdogs in three of the four super bowls they lost.   We can count the first one as a choke but in the other 3 the opponent was favored so that doesn't constitute choking for most reasonable people.

The first one in '69 is similar to GB losing to Denver as 11 point favorites in SB XXXII with a HOF QB at the helm.   Both would be considered choke jobs.

1969 was the last year before the merger, so technically, the Vikings were NFL Champions and the Chiefs were AFL Champions. Then the Chiefs beat the Vikings in the AFL-NFL World Championship Game (which is what it was called back then).

21 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

BS. Denver was totally under rated and disrespected that year. 2000 yd rusher in TD. Great offense. Take away the choke against the Jags and it's a three-peat for the Broncos.

1 minute ago, MrEdway said:

BS. Denver was totally under rated and disrespected that year. 2000 yd rusher in TD. Great offense. Take away the choke against the Jags and it's a three-peat for the Broncos.

That's because the sports media had an obsession with Favre, Reggie White and the whole Packers franchise. And I don't think betting lines mean all that much when it comes to performance on the field.

When is the parade for this divisional playoff win.  My God Vikings fans are acting like this was the greatest win ever.  It was one playoff win.  Win 2 more than celebrate.  This win means nothing at this point except you get to play at least one more game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Did you spend some time living in LA/NO area or just another guy who love a front runner?  

You earn a lot more respect from me for the former vs. the latter.

Friends and family there so I picked it up from them during my trips there in the fall. Definitely not front runner band wagon years. Kerry Collins, billy Hobert and through the Brooks years before Bree's was around. Deuce was my first jersey. 

Did you grow up in Minnesota or how did you become a vikes fan?

Growing up I never wanted to like the vikes. I couldn't find myself cheering for the same team as gopher fans did. 

12 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

When is the parade for this divisional playoff win.  My God Vikings fans are acting like this was the greatest win ever.  It was one playoff win.  Win 2 more than celebrate.  This win means nothing at this point except you get to play at least one more game.

If this had been Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson, Packer fans would want them on Mount Rushmore. So yes, we will celebrate it and be excited about it. Deal with it.

12 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Friends and family there so I picked it up from them during my trips there in the fall. Definitely not front runner band wagon years. Kerry Collins, billy Hobert and through the Brooks years before Bree's was around. Deuce was my first jersey. 

Did you grow up in Minnesota or how did you become a vikes fan?

Growing up I never wanted to like the vikes. I couldn't find myself cheering for the same team as gopher fans did. 

Bobby Hebert too?  I can respect that. 

Born and raised in ND until I was 2 1/2 :) and then we moved to MN. 

I know Kurt Knoff a little bit so that helped cement things too although I was hooked before he played for the Vikes.

19 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

You have to admit it was one of the greatest wins ever considering the circumstances.  It's the first playoff game ever to end in regulation on a TD as time expired.  That's worth something by itself.

And you are wrong - it is still a great win regardless of what happens from here on out. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

That was exactly my point and why I listed off plays that didn't go the saints way to mock him. Those type of plays happen to every team in every game. It's  football. 

Bottom line is, the vikes did enough to lose that game in true vikes fashion, but got bailed out by a fluke play by a team that found a way to out choke the vikes. I just hope the curse didn't get transferred over to the saints. 

The vikes are the best team remaining, but as they have for years, the football gods will rain on their parade. The further they make it into the playoffs, the more it'll hurt. Not every team will out Choke the vikes, they're season vets. Enjoy this divisional championship! Maybe they'll even put up a banner 

Saints were for sure the better team.  MN got all the right breaks and still almost blew it.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Nodak78 said:

And yet Vikes beat them twice this year.  I guess the Saints choked twice.

Week 1 wasn't a choke.  That was a completely different Saints team.  They were wasting plays trying to force feed AP.  Even then, Bradford had the game of his life to help them win.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

First time in NFL Playoff history a team has won a game on a walk off touchdown, can't believe Vikings fans would get excited about that after decades of playoff letdowns. The nerve!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, franchise said:

Week 1 wasn't a choke.  That was a completely different Saints team.  They were wasting plays trying to force feed AP.  Even then, Bradford had the game of his life to help them win.

But the Vikings team was the same?  Some would say third string QB and missing their ROY candidate RB?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, franchise said:

Saints were for sure the better team.  MN got all the right breaks and still almost blew it.  

My guess is your club is done for the year or you wouldn't feel the need to run down a team you don't like, especially when they beat your team twice this year in the regular season.   Am I close?

• Upvote 2