SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota Vikings 2017 2018

Fetch

1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That play was awesome, but so was the 3rd down stop that forced the field goal with :28 left.

Saints pick that up, they bleed it out for the win. 

This...^^^.  I get NO had to run the ball as to not stop the clock on an incomplete pass but there was zero chance NO was going to run for a first down against that defense which knew a run was coming.

As for the Eagles:

I don't care what Vegas says, they are the favorites in this matchup and should be treated as such. While their offense isn't as great as the Saints is, that defense is much better and Philly will be crazy loud.  It will be very low scoring. 

I think it will come down to ball security and who can make more throws that the other in the Backup Bowl. 

6 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Shouldn't be have been as close?! The vikes got the major of their calls their way and got absolutely stomped in the 2nd half...I think it's safe to say they caught a break and stole this one. Leave it to them to try and choke but took the other team to blow it for them to win. 

Holy gfhockey, Batman!  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Shouldn't be have been as close?! The vikes got the major of their calls their way and got absolutely stomped in the 2nd half...I think it's safe to say they caught a break and stole this one. Leave it to them to try and choke but took the other team to blow it for them to win. 

Shouldn't have been as close as it was. The penalties were all legit calls Saints fans can complain if they want but they are lucky they didn't have a couple more PI calls specifically on a Thielen catch where he went up high to get it and Lattimore already had his legs wrapped up and was trying to tackle him before the ball was there. Vikings defense was pretty dominant throughout the game and the Saints just took advantage of what the Vikings gave them with bad decisions/plays.
Vikings missed 48 yard field goal before half.
Vikings good drive to start the 2nd half would've had about 47 yard field goal and Keenum takes a bad sack instead of throwing the ball away.
Saints put together a long drive but Thomas gets away with a hit to Sendejo's head and it changes the momentum and the Saints get a TD a play or 2 after that. At minimum there should've been a offensive PI call on Thomas and at maximum you could argue the intent and give him a personal foul.
Keenum terrible decision/pass turns into a interception and sets up the Saints around the Vikings 30 and they quickly cash in with a TD.
Vikings give up blocked punt and give Saints the ball around the Vikings 35-40 and Saints get another TD.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Non-purple color glasses?   And N Orl got absolutely stomped by Minn in the first half.  Yeah, sure, Vikes got the calls.     

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Shouldn't have been as close as it was. The penalties were all legit calls Saints fans can complain if they want but they are lucky they didn't have a couple more PI calls specifically on a Thielen catch where he went up high to get it and Lattimore already had his legs wrapped up and was trying to tackle him before the ball was there. Vikings defense was pretty dominant throughout the game and the Saints just took advantage of what the Vikings gave them with bad decisions/plays.
Vikings missed 48 yard field goal before half.
Vikings good drive to start the 2nd half would've had about 47 yard field goal and Keenum takes a bad sack instead of throwing the ball away.
Saints put together a long drive but Thomas gets away with a hit to Sendejo's head and it changes the momentum and the Saints get a TD a play or 2 after that. At minimum there should've been a offensive PI call on Thomas and at maximum you could argue the intent and give him a personal foul.
Keenum terrible decision/pass turns into a interception and sets up the Saints around the Vikings 30 and they quickly cash in with a TD.
Vikings give up blocked punt and give Saints the ball around the Vikings 35-40 and Saints get another TD.

You're starting to sound like a bison fan. You remember the bad more than the good. Also listing off really bad plays made by the players as excuses for how the score should've  been different? You're acting Like Keenum is usually flawless and doesn't make those type of mistakes. 

Keenum made a terrible pass...Keenum took a bad sack...vikes gave up a blocked punt...forbath missed a FG, etc etc. Those all sound like things the vikes had control over, right? 

I can do that too-- Brees made a bad throw for a long play if not TD to Thomas but instead it was an INT...Snead made a bad throw on a wide open long trick play pass to kamara...lutz missed a FG...Ingram didn't get the 1st down to bleed the clock in the 4th to kick the winning field goal with no time remaining...saints had a TD called off (turned into 0 points)....Crawley had a 45 yard PI called when they got their feet tangled...Bree's threw a pick via a lucky no-look tipped pass by the d-lineman...annnnd not to mention Williams breaking on the ball way too early (probably because of keenums weak arm) and getting caught needing to avoid contact (didn't want PI because you can't end on a penalty and the vikes would've been in FG range) but ended up taking out the only other saints player available to tackle diggs in the process. 

If you ask any unbiased fan, they'll say the vikes stole it and the saints were the better team THAT DAY. The vikes and their fan base needed that more than any other team in the NFL and they probably are the better team and the best remaining team in the NFL...but they flat out were not the better team last night and they stole it. They choked again but got bailed out by another team choking even worse. Overall the calls were pretty even but leaned in favor of the vikes.

Also, Thomas getting pressed in coverage and being forced into another on-coming player was not dirty. It's not like it was a pick play. The guy came into his running lane and he was being sandwiched by the corner. He didn't put his helmet down, he just hit him with his shoulder as the collision was already going to happen. It wasn't a dirty play, but definitely a very unfortunate one. 

That last play couldn't have been more lucky or perfect. If you have a stronger armed QB, you would've had a boom boom catch-hit and game over. But you had Keenum...and we saw what happened. It was also perfect that you had both DBs take each other out.  

17 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

You're starting to sound like a bison fan. You remember the bad more than the good. Also listing off really bad plays made by the players as excuses for how the score should've  been different? You're acting Like Keenum is usually flawless and doesn't make those type of mistakes. 

Keenum made a terrible pass...Keenum took a bad sack...forbath missed a FG, etc etc. Those all sound like things the vikes had control over, right? 

I can do that too-- Brees made a bad throw for a long play if not TD to Thomas but instead it was an INT...Snead made a bad throw on a wide open long trick play pass to kamara...lutz missed a FG...Ingram didn't get the 1st down to bleed the clock in the 4th to kick the winning field goal with no time remaining...saints had a TD called off (turned into 0 points)....Crawley had a 45 yard PI called when they got their feet tangled...Bree's threw a pick via a lucky no-look tipped pass by the d-lineman...annnnd not to mention Williams breaking on the ball way too early (probably because of keenums weak arm) and getting caught needing to avoid contact (didn't want PI because you can't end on a penalty and the vikes would've been in FG range) but ended up taking out the only other saints player available to tackle diggs in the process. 

If you ask any unbiased fan, they'll say the vikes stole it and the saints were the better team THAT DAY. The vikes and their fan base needed that more than any other team in the NFL and they probably are the better team and the best remaining team in the NFL...but they flat out were not the better team last night and they stole it. They choked again but got bailed out by another team choking even worse. Overall the calls were pretty even but leaned in favor of the vikes.

Also, Thomas getting pressed in coverage and being forced into another on-coming player was not dirty. It's not like it was a pick play. The guy came into his running lane and he was being sandwiched by the corner. He didn't put his helmet down, he just hit him with his shoulder as the collision was already going to happen. It wasn't a dirty play, but definitely a very unfortunate one. 

That last play couldn't have been more lucky or perfect. If you have a stronger armed QB, you would've had a boom boom catch-hit and game over. But you had Keenum...and we saw what happened. It was also perfect that you had both DBs take each other out.  

Keenum usually doesn't make as many mistakes as he did yesterday and I listed plays that resulted in the Vikings missing on points or the Saints getting points and I didn't even list the Viking TD that got called back. PI was the right call Crawley grabbed him during the route and Diggs was smart enough to hold his arm in there so the ref noticed it, Lutz missed FG from 58 hardly a sure thing and Ingram didn't get 1st down because Vikings stopped the Saints run game just ast they did earlier in the game on 2 3rd&1 plays, you're reaching for plays man. Pretty evident you are a biased fan as well. We just aren't gonna agree so might as well just move on. I thought the Vikings were the much better team and Saints were only in the game because of plays the Vikings gave them. Saints only had 2 drives all game that they got points on that started in New Orleans territory.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Keenum usually doesn't make as many mistakes as he did yesterday and the difference is all the Viking plays I listed resulted in the Vikings missing on points or the Saints getting points and I didn't even list the Viking TD that got called back. Lutz missed FG from 58 hardly a sure thing and Ingram didn't get 1st down because Vikings stopped the Saints run game just ast they did earlier in the game on 2 3rd&1 plays, you're reaching for plays man. Pretty evident you are a biased fan as well. We just aren't gonna agree so might as well just move on. I thought the Vikings were the much better team and Saints were only in the game because of plays the Vikings gave them. Saints only had 2 drives all game that they got points on that started in New Orleans territory.

Agree to disagree, go sioux! 

And go eagles, but not patriots! 

3 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Keenum made a terrible pass...Keenum took a bad sack...vikes gave up a blocked punt...forbath missed a FG, etc etc. Those all sound like things the vikes had control over, right? 

Hahaha...you do know it was 17-0 into the 3rd quarter and it was 23-24 with 14 seconds left in the game right? If my team kicked your team's ass for 2+ quarters and your team kicks my team's ass for the last 1+ quarters that makes your team the better team? If they scored back and forth instead would that make a hard fought game?

That last play happened so the D didn't get called for PI, the Vikes get one more play because it was on the defense, field goal, game over. The defender panicked but with good reason. You can whine all you want about it but if there is any team out there that deserves this to finally go their way.....FINALLY GO THEIR WAY, it's the Vikings! I still remember the Cinderella story NO did for their last Superbowl. Lucky, absolutely, but that's part of winning it all and the stars are lining up for my Vikings!

SKOOOOOOLLLL LOLL!!!

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Hahaha...you do know it was 17-0 into the 3rd quarter and it was 23-24 with 14 seconds left in the game right? If my team kicked your team's ass for 2+ quarters and your team kicks my team's ass for the last 1+ quarters that makes your team the better team? If they scored back and forth instead would that make a hard fought game?

That last play happened so the D didn't get called for PI, the Vikes get one more play because it was on the defense, field goal, game over. The defender panicked but with good reason. You can whine all you want about it but if there is any team out there that deserves this to finally go their way.....FINALLY GO THEIR WAY, it's the Vikings! I still remember the Cinderella story NO did for their last Superbowl. Lucky, absolutely, but that's part of winning it all and the stars are lining up for my Vikings!

SKOOOOOOLLLL LOLL!!!

May I remind you that was the divisional round? There are still 2 games to go. They'll piss it down their leg one way or another, as always...we're talking about the vikes here. 

14 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

May I remind you that was the divisional round? There are still 2 games to go. They'll piss it down their leg one way or another, as always...we're talking about the vikes here. 

And if it wasn't for the bounty program that the Saints coaches put together in 2009, they would still be without a Super Bowl, too.  And still without so much as a Super Bowl appearance, even though they're only six years younger than the Vikings are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Did bison73 steal your login info?