SiouxSports.com Forum

Hi y'all! 

I'm making an infographic (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/infographic?s=t) for the UND @ NDSU game in 2019. I need some expert input on the stats I include. I am football fan, but calling me an expert is a stretch. I have room for 18 stats, and so far i'm thinking: all time matchup record,  2018 record, 2019 record,  last winner, and possibly the Vegas odds (Percentage? Fraction? Ratio? Over/under? What is an over/under? Where to find?). So that leaves us with room for 13/14 stats. What do you guys think that the most important ones are? if you were to evaluate a matchup which ones would you use? Thanks in advance for any help!

p.s. This is not my first post. I used one or two other accounts before this. Just thought i'd say that.

2 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Hi y'all! 

I'm making an infographic (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/infographic?s=t) for the UND @ NDSU game in 2019. I need some expert input on the stats I include. I am football fan, but calling me an expert is a stretch. I have room for 18 stats, and so far i'm thinking: all time matchup record,  2018 record, 2019 record,  last winner, and possibly the Vegas odds (Percentage? Fraction? Ratio? Over/under? What is an over/under? Where to find?). So that leaves us with room for 13/14 stats. What do you guys think that the most important ones are? if you were to evaluate a matchup which ones would you use? Thanks in advance for any help!

p.s. This is not my first post. I used one or two other accounts before this. Just thought i'd say that.

Own the farm > work on the farm

8 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

2019 is next matchup @ Fargo and 2020 is 1st conference game @ GF, right?

No way of knowing. 50% chance its in Fargo I suppose. Didnt UND get to host Montana like 3 of 4 years a few years ago?

2 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

No way of knowing. 50% chance its in Fargo I suppose. Didnt UND get to host Montana like 3 of 4 years a few years ago?

Rivalries[edit]

North Dakota State University[edit]

North Dakota's primary rival was the North Dakota State University Bison. The two schools are separated by just 70 miles of interstate along the Eastern border of the state and have spent well over a century competing against one another for players, students, fans, resources and recognition. They first met in 1894 and have played 110 times. UND enjoys a healthy 62–45–3 lead in the all-time series. The winner of the game was awarded the Nickel Trophy, a 75 pound likeness of a 1937 U.S. nickel. What used to be an annual meeting, the game has not been played since 2003, when NDSU left the North Central Conference and elevated their programs to the Division I level. NDSU desired at the time to continue the series, however North Dakota declined because of potential negative Division II playoff implications, and also because NDSU would be playing with 27 more scholarships. North Dakota eventually moved to Division I also, and since then the two schools have been negotiating terms to resume the series. The two schools announced that they would renew the rivalry in the 2015 season. Initially it was not an annual series however, as the schools play in different conferences at the time. The Nickel Trophy was not up for grabs in the 2015 game. The annual rivalry will resume in 2019 in part of the contract that includes the 2015 game and the conference change to the Missouri Valley Football Conference. It currently resides in Grand Forks and the University of North Dakota. The rivalry has been featured in documentaries by ESPN and Prairie Public TV.

-Wikipedia

1 hour ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Rivalries[edit]

North Dakota State University[edit]

North Dakota's primary rival was the North Dakota State University Bison. The two schools are separated by just 70 miles of interstate along the Eastern border of the state and have spent well over a century competing against one another for players, students, fans, resources and recognition. They first met in 1894 and have played 110 times. UND enjoys a healthy 62–45–3 lead in the all-time series. The winner of the game was awarded the Nickel Trophy, a 75 pound likeness of a 1937 U.S. nickel. What used to be an annual meeting, the game has not been played since 2003, when NDSU left the North Central Conference and elevated their programs to the Division I level. NDSU desired at the time to continue the series, however North Dakota declined because of potential negative Division II playoff implications, and also because NDSU would be playing with 27 more scholarships. North Dakota eventually moved to Division I also, and since then the two schools have been negotiating terms to resume the series. The two schools announced that they would renew the rivalry in the 2015 season. Initially it was not an annual series however, as the schools play in different conferences at the time. The Nickel Trophy was not up for grabs in the 2015 game. The annual rivalry will resume in 2019 in part of the contract that includes the 2015 game and the conference change to the Missouri Valley Football Conference. It currently resides in Grand Forks and the University of North Dakota. The rivalry has been featured in documentaries by ESPN and Prairie Public TV.

-Wikipedia

What does the wikipedia article have to do with hosting the 2020 game?

33 minutes ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

I thought it  was the 2020 game, so In my head I read it as

The 2020 game resides in Grand Forks and the University of North Dakota.

Did I presume incorrectly? Something I missed/misinterpreted?

The way I read that very poorly crafted article was that the Nickel is in Grand Forks. The conference schedule is not out for 2020, but they do have the 2019 one out, so i would think they'll release the 2020 schedule sometime in the next year. 

34 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

The way I read that very poorly crafted article was that the Nickel is in Grand Forks. The conference schedule is not out for 2020, but they do have the 2019 one out, so i would think they'll release the 2020 schedule sometime in the next year. 

That makes more sense! Hopefully it is  in GF anyways. I think I'll go edit that article!

On 8/3/2017 at 11:04 PM, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

2019 is next matchup @ Fargo and 2020 is 1st conference game @ GF, right?

Think your going to be right with the 2020 game, being the last two scheduled games will have been played in Fargo.

There could be an earlier playoff game, unless SDSU beats them first.

16 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Interlocking ND letters have been discontinued. That Bizon logo has some calf poop yellow in it.

Can't remember exactly when I made it so the ND could have been current. I do think it was stupid that they didn't keep the ND as an alternate logo, as it has been part of UND's identity, at least back to the Blackhawks logo days, and maybe earlier. The idea was as a kind of t shirt graphic, so keeping it to less colours was the idea. played around with a few combos, but this one looked best. On a side note they don't use the font either, but the new one looks like "the classic naval combat game" on the side of the battleship box.

4 minutes ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Can't remember exactly when I made it so the ND could have been current. I do think it was stupid that they didn't keep the ND as an alternate logo, as it has been part of UND's identity, at least back to the Blackhawks logo days, and maybe earlier. The idea was as a kind of t shirt graphic, so keeping it to less colours was the idea. played around with a few combos, but this one looked best. On a side note they don't use the font either, but the new one looks like "the classic naval combat game" on the side of the battleship box.

T-shirt, OK. That would be a good one.