SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

UND was on the verge of making home football games an event not to be missed.  Hopefully it still gets to that point, but we need a few wins yet this season and then a playoff season next year.  This years Potato Bowl had the feeling of an event and even the Mont State game had some of that feeling too.  What a shame. 

The way this season has fallen apart is a shame. Things were in place to take everything to the next level.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

account to Nodak Nation all FREE student tickets are gone. They are selling any additional at $5 

Let's keep our eyes on the student section......We should be over selling/over giving that section by a couple hundred tickets to account for no shows or for those that stand/sit elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Wildfan said:

account to Nodak Nation all FREE student tickets are gone. They are selling any additional at $5 

What I want to see is the number of students still in the stands in the third quarter.   It's hard to win if half the kids leave at half time, and we all know they've been known to do that. 

Just now, TRex said:

What I want to see is the number of students still in the stands in the third quarter.   It's hard to win if half the kids leave at half time, and we all know they've been known to do that. 

And it's hard to blame them for leaving when the product doesn't on the field doesn't show up. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, TRex said:

There have been games where I have been tempted to leave at halftime.  

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

And it's hard to blame them for leaving when the product doesn't on the field doesn't show up. 

Then why show up at all?   At least cheer the guys on, yell when we're on defense, help them out.   I know this team sucks, but there's no reason not to at least watch and cheer.

43 minutes ago, TRex said:

There were more students in the 4th quarter of last game than there were other fans...or pretty close.  Can't blame people for wanting to leave early with the way the games have played out.  I stayed for the whole game but not sure I will continue to if there isn't some type of improvement.  

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

The way this season has fallen apart is a shame. Things were in place to take everything to the next level.

4-1 or even 3-2 right now and the Alerus would be sold out and rockin'.  Will take longer now to make Fighting Hawk Football a must attend event.  I know Kennedy wants to take the university to the next level and great sports with football and mens basketball leading the way, are the path to that outcome.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TRex said:

Then why show up at all?   At least cheer the guys on, yell when we're on defense, help them out.   I know this team sucks, but there's no reason not to at least watch and cheer.

You show up to socialize and watch  football game. If the football game is not fun, you leave.  Can't really fault someone for leaving a game that isn't any good.... particularly when your team is the one getting blown out. 

• Upvote 1

Will be a great day for tailgating and football. Fist two games had attendance over 12,000, this one is near 10,000 plus today's walk on. Should be no problem, for anyone wanting to go to this game, to get a ticket at the Alerus. Come support the Fighting Hawk's, they may need you more today than any game so far this season. This game could surprise most. Welcome all alumni!

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Will be a great day for tailgating and football. Fist two games had attendance over 12,000, this one is near 10,000 plus today's walk on. Should be no problem, for anyone wanting to go to this game, to get a ticket at the Alerus. Come support the Fighting Hawk's, they may need you more today than any game so far this season. This game could surprise most. Welcome all alumni!

well said! See you at the Alerus

22 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I would think that a vast majority of true UND FB fans would agree. We'll see if Bubba can motivate his guys today? Would just love to be in that locker room prior to the game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Not a bad crowd considering coming in 1-4, getting blown out last 3 games, a beautiful day to be outside and the off field drama this week.  Eventually need students more engaged for the whole game.

I sit in section 215, next to the student sections, Didn't seem they did too bad. Some go on the catwalks.

Place was pretty empty the last two minutes, but to me it didn't seem like students left any earlier than other fans?

Now engaged! They could use some pointers, but there getting better. Winning more games will help. 

This win was a savior for this thread!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I sit in section 215, next to the student sections, Didn't seem they did too bad. Some go on the catwalks.

Place was pretty empty the last two minutes, but to me it didn't seem like students left any earlier than other fans?

Now engaged! They could use some pointers, but there getting better. Winning more games will help. 

This win was a savior for this thread!

They need to slap the seats less and yell more.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Beet season has also started, so pretty nice to still break 10k.

We did break 10,000 and considering all that's been happening this year, I'll call that a good turn out. We're already getting close to 10G for the Sacramento State game, and with this NC win, we could do better at attendance than we did yesterday. 

The student section was not expanded for this Northern Colorado game. Maybe would of been better to continue that for a game or two yet, don't know the reasoning for cutting it back. 

Student Section:

Traditionally sections 214 213 212

Yesterday sections 214 213 212

Prior game sections 214 213 212    and sections 211 210 218 we're blanked out week of game.

They still sold additional tickets to students for $5 after the free student tickets were all given away. Maybe there was a limit on the $5 tickets? Lots of students tailgating that didn't go in.

Just seems to bother me to see all these students (maybe some non-student fans also) go to tailgating and just before the game starts, walk by the main entrance and continuing on walking towards campus. If the house was sold out, not an issue, but it's not. Also, the Hawk's Nest has lot of standing room tickets available, maybe more than most stadiums in the conference. For the price of just $5, and your already there, don't get it?

FCS game of the week last Saturday. A Yote fan made the following attendance (sell out) comment on their message board after watching #3 Youngstown St game replay in #7 Vermillion. Likely biggest game in Yote Div I FB history, that would already be their 2nd big one this season.

"The student section across the way looks bad. I initially thought more students stayed for the second half, I guess I was wrong. If students can't stay for the second half of a game of this magnitude what will get them to stay? They are kind of hopeless."

I really feel our students are doing pretty well this year and there are so many that go tail gating, great potential. I'll add that the student section over sold for every home game so far this season.