SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp Updates 2017

geaux_sioux

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

http://millersports.areavoices.com/2017/08/14/und-football-monday-rundown/

When Teeder's away, Miller will play, or something like that.

does anyone else have a problem with miller's background pic?? couldn't it be a pic of the alerus with players on the field (like deion's pick six against nau) or a pic of a packed alerus??? 

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

does anyone else have a problem with miller's background pic?? couldn't it be a pic of the alerus with players on the field (like deion's pick six against nau) or a pic of a packed alerus??? 

I think that picture is trying to portray that they are going to practices and keeping tabs on the football team during the week while no one else is around.  That is my take anyway, I guess I don't have a problem with it. 

Yeah I like it too.... kinda goofy.  His reporting could be more in-depth, though.

He did say this in the comments, though.  "As for the FBS dropdown, I’ve heard the rumblings and know the name. I’ve been searching for confirmation but can’t find anything yet. So we’ll see."

4 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Just FYI... since I am back to work, I won't be able to make it out to Memorial Stadium at all tomorrow morning. Damn meetings!!!!

PRIORITIES....Teeder....PRIORITIES!!!

Just kidding....Rent gotta be paid and Jr needs a new pair of shoes:D

thanks for all of the camp updates!

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I think that picture is trying to portray that they are going to practices and keeping tabs on the football team during the week while no one else is around.  That is my take anyway, I guess I don't have a problem with it. 

but aren't you pissing where u sleep?  this was maybe a good pic for the mussman days but how about a little rah rah stuff for the team you are paid to cover?  it's a new era and nice pic of bubba holding the bsc tourney tropy or harris high steppin' in the end zone v nau would be a nice touch...

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

but aren't you pissing where u sleep?  this was maybe a good pic for the mussman days but how about a little rah rah stuff for the team you are paid to cover?  it's a new era and nice pic of bubba holding the bsc tourney tropy or harris high steppin' in the end zone v nau would be a nice touch...

It's Tom's blog and I'm pretty sure he's just making fun of himself and the glamorous of a sports writer. 

4 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Yeah I like it too.... kinda goofy.  His reporting could be more in-depth, though.

He did say this in the comments, though.  "As for the FBS dropdown, I’ve heard the rumblings and know the name. I’ve been searching for confirmation but can’t find anything yet. So we’ll see."

Somebody has to have a potential name or school, if so could ya shoot me a dm? I can't find anything.

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

do we know the position of the potential dropdown??? please be someone for the secondary!!!

I though I had read the rumor was CB, but nobody seems to be talking. Even if it doesn't work out, it would be nice to know who we are looking at. 

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

If this happens, this late to the party, would he even be a factor against Utah? Or probably not for another week or two into the season?

Probably not against Utah...but later in the year when depth is really tested he could be handy.

12 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Did I miss something on Larson? What happened to him? If I recall Mckinney had a cast on, but I hadn't heard anything about Larson getting hurt.

52 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Practice update:

The team looked sharp out there this morning as they took their practice into the cozy confines of the HPC to avoid a wet and slippery Memorial Stadium field. There was a ton of energy on the turf, and all 21 drill sessions were conducted nice and crisp. The boys must sense that install week is approaching.

• Dranka, Pinke, Bennett and Honerlaw joined the group of a dozen or so players who sit out and DNP  with various health conditions each day.
  • On a good note, J.J. was back in full gear and looked just as good as ever. He was hitting his holes hard and participated in all drills.
  • Also, highly touted true freshman, Graham Devore was taking limited reps with the team this morning, still with a hard cast on his right hand after an off season non-football mishap. He'll be a good one in future years.
  • I will have to amend my guess on who might get their RS pulled now that McKinney and Larson have spent considerable time out of the practice and losing out on more and more reps every day. Right now, I am betting on Izzy on offense and Blubaugh on defense. It's probably for the best long term to give as many of our young guys, such as McKinney and Larson, an extra year to get even bigger, faster, stronger and come back with four more playing years. In most cases, as they say, we are trading their relative worst year for the their best year. That said, it is hard not to want to see what they can do right away. But remember had it not been for a hurt hand in Reyes' first year, he'd be gone already. Good things come to those who wait.
  • I have to say that when it comes to the amateur eye-ball test, the line backing position group, as a whole, looks to be faster than ever. Maybe not quite as big but they definitely have the quicks.
  • Since I made such a big deal of Tobin taking reps at RG with the 1s earlier this week, I should make mention that it was Aplin who did the same today.
  • Now for the good stuff, the Play of the Day goes to none other than Austin Cieslak on the DL. Playing the role of nimble linebacker. Cieslak dropped back in pass coverage after Studsrud bought some time with his feet to his right, looking for an outlet receiver. Studs fired a bullet at a target that was in pretty tight coverage. When it was all said and done, the hefty Cieslak was on the receiving end for a pick. He rumbled down the field for about 15 yards before being forced out, eliciting an eruption of cheers from his defensive teammates and coaches, and secretly from some offensive guys as well. 
  • Studs more than made up for the Cieslak INT later with a long rope to the deceptively fast and sure handed WR Noah Wanzek who streaked past CB Garret "G" Bollant, who is lightening quick in his own right, for a 60-plus yard reception that might have gone for a TD depending on the angle of the safeties who were near by.

Got to take another day off tomorrow but I will try to be back on Friday.

Thank you for the great work Teeder!