SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

• 4 weeks later...

An odd story out of Fargo,

a 30 person fight outside a High School Graduation?!

Then there's the bizarre, woman on woman, had to be on drugs, beat you with a hammer then penetrate you with a "foreign object" story.

And her creepy mug shot.

Be on the lookout in Grand Forks for this dangerous man. Guy appears to be a serious criminal offender and needs to be locked up for a long time once and for all!

And Then there's this emotional story...(about love, life, and death.)

Busy last few days...

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Not sure i ever want to get to active in criminal stuff but I have secured a 2L summer job at a firm in Fargo. Happy to be a step closer to being able to get back to North Dakota after law school.

Congrats!  What's a 2L job?  Like an internship before your last year of law school?

49 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Congrats!  What's a 2L job?  Like an internship before your last year of law school?

For not knowing what it is you pretty well got it! If you do well and the firm likes you, it can turn into a job after graduation too. 

8 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

For not knowing what it is you pretty well got it! If you do well and the firm likes you, it can turn into a job after graduation too. 

Good luck! After years of reading your posts one thing is certain, you can argue your point with anyone. I think you will be a great lawyer.

13 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Not sure i ever want to get to active in criminal stuff but I have secured a 2L summer job at a firm in Fargo. Happy to be a step closer to being able to get back to North Dakota after law school.

"Back to North Dakota".  Reading that on a day like today with a wind chill warning and just utter body aching cold. :lol:

You sure you don't want to be one of the yacht lawyers near Miami beach? 

• 2 months later...

Anyone following the Chauvin trial?

Judge said today that the defense will start tomorrow and finish by end of the week probably. Know we got some lawyers on here, any of you fellas got any thoughts?

I'm an idiot, but I do have one strong opinion...."spark of life" witnesses or whatever the term of art is should not be allowed. Having George Floyd's brother talk about George enjoying Tecmo Bowl back in the day has nothing to do with whether he was the victim of murder or manslaughter. 

I admire my sister but if she gets shot tomorrow, I'm not sure me talking about our Mario Party battles help jurors decide if @vmeister pulled the trigger or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Judge said today that the defense will start tomorrow and finish by end of the week probably. Know we got some lawyers on here, any of you fellas got any thoughts?

I'm an idiot, but I do have one strong opinion...."spark of life" witnesses or whatever the term of art is should not be allowed. Having George Floyd's brother talk about George enjoying Tecmo Bowl back in the day has nothing to do with whether he was the victim of murder or manslaughter. 

I admire my sister but if she gets shot tomorrow, I'm not sure me talking about our Mario Party battles help jurors decide if @vmeister pulled the trigger or not.

agreed...was listening to mpr an hour ago saying his brother said floyd made a mean mayo and something else sandwich!....how sweet!

25 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Chavin has definitely been proven guilty of kneeing on Floyd’s neck for far longer than necessary. His only chance to be proven innocent is if the defense can prove that Floyd died from drugs in his system and chronic health conditions. They have to prove having his knee on his neck for that long had nothing to do with his death. If it is proven his kneeing contributed to Floyd’s death in any way he will be convicted of manslaughter at a minimum and wouldn’t be surprised if convicted of third degree murder.

I can’t see second degree murder but I’m also not a legal expert, just stayed in a holiday inn express last night.....

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Chavin has definitely been proven guilty of kneeing on Floyd’s neck for far longer than necessary. His only chance to be proven innocent is if the defense can prove that Floyd died from drugs in his system and chronic health conditions. They have to prove having his knee on his neck for that long had nothing to do with his death. If it is proven his kneeing contributed to Floyd’s death in any way he will be convicted of manslaughter at a minimum and wouldn’t be surprised if convicted of third degree murder.

I can’t see second degree murder but I’m also not a legal expert, just stayed in a holiday inn express last night.....

"SHOW ME THE BRUISE!" in Cuba Gooding Jr. voice.

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

"SHOW ME THE BRUISE!" in Cuba Gooding Jr. voice.

I thought the defense did a nice job showing that the knee may not have been on the neck as much as folks thought.

11 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I thought the defense did a nice job showing that the knee may not have been on the neck as much as folks thought.

even the C of Police said "yeah...looks like his knee was on his shoulder blade"....

but...SHOW ME THE BRUISE

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

She wouldn’t be my top choice of people in your family to shoot 

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ locked this topic