SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-18 Season

SWSiouxMN

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I agree 100%

USD and SDSU have established solid WBB programs.

NDSU is finally climbing out of the hole they dug themselves with the disaster that was Carolyn DeHoff.

UND runs the risk of being a distant #4 amongst the Dakota Four.

Unacceptable.

:angry:

Bison are still getting drummed on a nightly basis, they still have a ways to go.

I do agree with the rest, UND is going to have to figure something out for next year.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Does Strand really deserve to be around next season?  Big scorer back in high school at FF I believe but other than once in blue moon hitting 2 or 3 treys in a game, there's not a lot there in terms of game, athleticism, etc. 

I wonder how much that knee injury has impacted her. 

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Bison are still getting drummed on a nightly basis, they still have a ways to go.

I do agree with the rest, UND is going to have to figure something out for next year.  

Yeah, NDSU is still in a hole. But they are more competitive than they used to be. And they will probably get better in the next 2-3 seasons. And when they do, I want a team that can beat them.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Yeah, NDSU is still in a hole. But they are more competitive than they used to be. And they will probably get better in the next 2-3 seasons. And when they do, I want a team that can beat them.

They are dumpster fire with no relief in sight and I don't use that lightly. They drew a whopping 399 fans (announced attendance, not actual) for a game last week, though somehow claimed almost 1,000 more than that for their next game 2 days later. Their 5 D1 wins are over teams with the follwing RPI's (out of 349): 346, 286, 327, 302, 314. 

Zero chance they buy their coach out of the last year of her contract, so it will be at least one season of terrible basketball in Fargo. Can't imagine they'd extend her, time will tell how long it will take a new coach to fix the mess two bad hires have made. I don't think recruiting has gone all that well but it doesn't seem like it takes a ton of time to see big improvements in WBB.

Questionable players at this level: moton (she looks out of shape, I thought she would be ok coming in), strand - I have been saying this for a while, she has to be more than a 30% shooter, the other bailey sister - probably was a package deal  

i think a few of our good players are overrated 

su is still a train wreck

dont know why sd schools are so much better 

4 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Questionable players at this level: moton (she looks out of shape, I thought she would be ok coming in), strand - I have been saying this for a while, she has to be more than a 30% shooter, the other bailey sister - probably was a package deal  

i think a few of our good players are overrated 

su is still a train wreck

dont know why sd schools are so much better 

Not sure what you mean by the other Bailey sister"?

22 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

45 points?!

Not having Fallyn Freije playing due to an ankle sprain really hurts the offense.  Sawatzke, Dailey, and Reinke took the ball to the basket in the first half and got some baskets but stopped penetrating in the second half.  We tried to feed Klabo in the post in the second half and turned the ball over too much.  We just physically do not have the athletes that USD and SDSU have.  They can take the ball to the hole with either hand plus shoot from the outside.  Our players are a bit too one dimensional.  On the good side we did play decent defense for 3 quarters.  The third quarter was a disaster, leaving open three point shooters.  For some reason Brewster does not have us playing a zone full court trap or double teaming when we trail late in games.  We just play a vanilla man to man full court which doesn't created any turnovers.  Listening to the Northern Colorado announcer was painful on Pluto, he was complaining so much about the officials.  

1 minute ago, GDPritch said:

How can you have div 1 athletes and only score 45 points?  It baffles me. 

Don't know how you can have div 1 athletes and not hit a 3 pointer either. Both basketball teams have been baffling. 

This season has gone off the rails... but most can be forgiven by winning 4 in a row in Reno. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Don't know how you can have div 1 athletes and not hit a 3 pointer either. Both basketball teams have been baffling. 

This season has gone off the rails... but most can be forgiven by winning 4 in a row in Reno. 

And all can be forgiven by winning just 1 after that!

• Upvote 1

On 2/26/2018 at 9:40 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

...most can be forgiven by winning 4 in a row in Reno. 

I like our chances in the spoiler role , especially if Frieje can get back in there.  I guarantee nobody wants to draw us!  If Brewster can find a way to get his shooters to heat up (Dailey, please) we could win the tournament.

30 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

This season is all on Brew.  How else could a healthy team (for most part) completely fall apart and barely be able to score 50 points?  Something is going on.

But don't you understand? Nothing is on Brew because he isn't the one out there not making the plays! So he gets a pass. Didn't you get the memo? (sarcasm) :silly: #seasoninthetoilet

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

But don't you understand? Nothing is on Brew because he isn't the one out there not making the plays! So he gets a pass. Didn't you get the memo? (sarcasm) :silly: #seasoninthetoilet

I would give Brew one season into the Summit League and if it’s as bad as this one then time to look to someone else.

• Upvote 2