SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-18 Season

SWSiouxMN

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

They can barely get a shot before turning it over.  What the heck happened to this team?  Honestly, it comes to to coaching when a team can suddenly be this gawd awfully bad after playing well for first half of year.

Nope. Can't blame Brewster for anything. He isn't out there not making plays, remember? (sarcasm) :silly: #seasonshottohell

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

The level of interest in women's basketball this year is kind of sad. If you win a game and nobody notices did you really win? :(

It's sad the people at UND and GF are getting so use to bad news when it comes to UND they've broken our spirit. You can't or it's hard to fight back when the other guys hold all the cards.

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

19.4%????

oh my lanta

My, oh my.  What's wrong?  I'd like to think with all these juniors that I thought would make for a decent team it would put us at a nice level next season but now I'm not so sure.  Not that they're a powerhouse at home but I have zero confidence for a win when they play on the road--zilch. 

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, fightingsioux4life said:

So I'm a troll now because you don't agree with me? Very funny. Forgive me if I don't lose sleep over it.

What is most troubling is this team's perennial post-season meltdowns. Losing early in the conference tournament. Losing in the WNIT last year and looking bad doing it. Now this year may be different (nobody knows for sure), but their early season performances do not encourage me (blowing big leads, looking bad at home).

I would be delighted to be wrong and I will come on here and admit it if I am.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Lordy, it sure would be nice to be competitive with the two S Dak schools at least.

• Upvote 1

Just now, GDPritch said:

Lordy, it sure would be nice to be competitive with the two S Dak schools at least.

I agree 100%

USD and SDSU have established solid WBB programs.

NDSU is finally climbing out of the hole they dug themselves with the disaster that was Carolyn DeHoff.

UND runs the risk of being a distant #4 amongst the Dakota Four.

Unacceptable.

:angry:

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:58 PM, Jerry said:

Franklin and Dailey are turning over the ball too much.  Stand and Reinke are getting beat on defense.  Freije can't hit a shot.  Morton and Klabo playing well.  We are just not very good defensively, very little help defense and inability to guard the drive to the basket.

Does Strand really deserve to be around next season?  Big scorer back in high school at FF I believe but other than once in blue moon hitting 2 or 3 treys in a game, there's not a lot there in terms of game, athleticism, etc.