SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-2018 NHL Season

cberkas

18 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

If by "defending himself," you mean shoving a stick into the opposing player's face, sure.  Yes, the Flyer embellished it, but a straight-up cross check to a guy's mouth is definitely going to draw a fine.  

And it's Red Wings, not Redwings.  

While the guy was on his knees. Of course if he was standing up Marchand would need a small step ladder to reach his face. The king of the slew foot needs his ass kicked 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Goon said:

Wouldn’t he get T-ed up a lot for doing that? 

He didn't on his first two, the third one during his Junior season he finally got T'd up

To build on Mafia's point a bit, because of his reputation, during this years ACC tournament against UNC he was called for a flagrant 1 when he hip checked a Tar Heel player.  One could argue that if it was a different player it wouldn't have been called the same way. 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

The fact that he plays with an edge makes him dangerous, sure you're going to get some stupidity with Marchand. But I am sure many clubs would love to have him in their lineup. I think Joe Haggerty said it best with this tweet. 

Same can be said of guys like Carson Soucy and others with Duluth.  If they are on your team, they play with an edge, if they don’t, they are cheap.

2 hours ago, Goon said:

I had to google his name because I have no idea what who that is. I assume this is what you're talking about. 

I love the upturned palms and the whiny "What?" after he wipes out an opposing player.  

15 hours ago, sioux rube said:

And Hak gets the Flyers in the playoffs after pounding the Rangers today 5-0. Not bad considering they had a 10 game losing streak earlier in the season. 

PHI wins, CBJ and NJD both lose and PHI is #3 in the Metro when they were out of the playoffs not that long ago. 

Better yet?

By finishing #3, it sets up PHI v PIT, "The Keystone Carnage" in Round 1.

22 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

By finishing #3, it sets up PHI v PIT, "The Keystone Carnage" in Round 1.

I love seeing this match-up...the teams don't even try to pretend that they'll get along.  Makes for some good hockey.

22 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

After losing a late lead against CHI earlier this week and not even getting the OT point they desperately needed, and then losing last night at COL, is Yeo still in STL this morning? 

Magic 8-ball says "not a chance."

• 2 weeks later...