SiouxSports.com Forum

Arbor Park

geaux_sioux

9 minutes ago, siouxfan68 said:

What makes the Arbor Park lot more attractive for development than the empty lot a half a block down on the corner? 

JLG owns that corner lot, the City doesn't. That will be developed too at some point in the near future I believe.

23 minutes ago, siouxfan68 said:

What makes the Arbor Park lot more attractive for development than the empty lot a half a block down on the corner? 

That corner park is currently targeted for a different development proposal. That park needs to go. It offers nothing.

47 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

As I've said before its a fantastic park. I think other spots downtown can get to that level and we can add this new development. This is a huge tipping point for the future of grand forks. Do we want to push forward into the future or stagnate?

I simply do not believe this. Whether or not we build condos on the Arbor Park site, downtown will continue attracting businesses and people. It is a much more vibrant place than it was pre-1997 flood. I am voting "yes" tomorrow, but either way, we'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

I simply do not believe this. Whether or not we build condos on the Arbor Park site, downtown will continue attracting businesses and people. It is a much more vibrant place than it was pre-1997 flood. I am voting "yes" tomorrow, but either way, we'll be fine.

It's called momentum and it's a real thing. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

How is it going to be more vibrant and continue to attract businesses and people when there is a faction of the population literally preventing people who are trying to do exactly that, develop a previously developed lot to bring in businesses and people?

20 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

How is it going to be more vibrant and continue to attract businesses and people when there is a faction of the population literally preventing people who are trying to do exactly that, develop a previously developed lot to bring in businesses and people?

If Arbor Park was the only open piece of land downtown, I would agree with you. But it isn't, so I don't.

15 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If Arbor Park was the only open piece of land downtown, I would agree with you. But it isn't, so I don't.

It is significantly larger than other two lots that are on the same block, one of which does not have the alley access that is required for the project. The fact that you think other lots might be comparable (they aren't) has zero bearing on what the people who are looking to invest millions of dollars into downtown want to do or need to make a successful investment for them and Grand Forks.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think downtown Grand Forks is more resilient than you think it is. I don't go there often, but I always appreciate how clean and professional it looks compared to what it looked like when I was growing up.

It's not about it being resilient. It's about realizing the potential that exists. There are so many things that can be done to make our downtown outstanding, we just need to do them. 

51 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

There will probably be more people voting to keep Arbor Park than have actually been there in the last year!!  When the NO overwhelmingly passes tomorrow, The handful of people who supported it will find some other cause they can "fight" for.  

Sounds like the womens hockey fuss

23 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I don't go there often, but I always appreciate how clean and professional it looks compared to what it looked like when I was growing up.

So you admittedly spend very little time there yet dismiss the opinions of people who work and live down there because it would benefit them in various ways? I guess I'm not following the logic on that one.

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

So you admittedly spend very little time there yet dismiss the opinions of people who work and live down there because it would benefit them in various ways? I guess I'm not following the logic on that one.

I have been in Arbor Park, as it is close to Urban Stampede, which I have been to frequently. And there are people who live and work downtown who want Arbor Park to stay there.

23 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think downtown Grand Forks is more resilient than you think it is. I don't go there often, but I always appreciate how clean and professional it looks compared to what it looked like when I was growing up.

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I have been in Arbor Park, as it is close to Urban Stampede, which I have been to frequently. And there are people who live and work downtown who want Arbor Park to stay there.

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.j

• Upvote 3