SiouxSports.com Forum

Let's Go To Vermillion

Pearson's Hockey Bus

I drive up to Grand Forks from Sioux City, IA for almost every home game....and if i could have someone else drive, buy my ticket and some beers, hell, I'd sign up in a heartbeat! $95 would hardly cover your gas.  

Lucky for me, i get the short drive for this game.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Yote 53 said:

Bring Sitting Bull with you when you come.  He'll be staying in Vermillion after the game for some time.

UND leads the series 61-29-5, and we have won 22 of the last 26 games played.  Sitting Bull is has pretty much has resided in Grand Forks for most of the rivalry.  Wait, isn't one of the main factors of a good rivalry that both teams go back in forth in winning the game?  Otherwise it is just a yearly, one sided beatdown....like UND has been doing to the Yotes for decades!! :D

Wouldn't mind seeing a new trophy starting in 2020 when we start playing conference games.  That waqy the new trophy can take up permanant residence in Grand Forks much like the Sitting Bull trophy did for years and years and years!!  HA!! :D

(All smack talk aside, I am excited that UND will soon be back in the same conference with USD and the other Dakota schools).

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

Bring Sitting Bull with you when you come.  He'll be staying in Vermillion after the game for some time.

I was impressed with USD's team last year. It will be a good game. UND is still the favorite. UND's 2017 team is going to be quite experienced; also, UND will already have played @ Utah by the time the USD game comes around (for 2017 road experience sake).  I expect plenty of UND fans in attendance to cheer on UND to victory. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Maybe the year he/she dropped out.... and the last time the Yotes won a game in the series. ;)

Their last victory came against the worst UND team in the last 25 years.  They won by 10 at home.  

You should check with the UND athletic department.  I am sure they will get a specific number of tickets from USD.  They would be made available to Champions Club members first but, if available, you could then sit with UND fans.  I am not sure if UND would have a "waiting list" for these tickets or simply sell them when they arrive.

Well I am a Champion's Club member - who never gets his membership cards on time and is still waiting for his copy of the new Sioux Illustrated. But I agree I'm sure UND will get the word out on their ticket allotment. 

• 1 month later...