SiouxSports.com Forum

Valiants Forever!!

Siouxperfan7

They should've co-op'd with Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg to be ...

the Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg-Central Valley Valiant Patriots. < facepalm > 

Logo: The MPCG Patriot on the CV horse. 

They should've called me. I'd give them an invoice for $50k for that. :D 

55 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Central Valley School Board votes to repaint its floor without sports co-op’s Burros logo

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4255542-central-valley-school-board-votes-repaint-its-floor-without-sports-co-ops-burros-logo

The local's made some good points. When you graduate from the school you are a Valiant, when there is any other event in that gym it is not a co-op. I was glad to read that Hillsboro had no problems with the decision. 

18 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

The local's made some good points. When you graduate from the school you are a Valiant, when there is any other event in that gym it is not a co-op. I was glad to read that Hillsboro had no problems with the decision. 

Didn't go to a class B school, but curious what other Co-op schools do.  

16 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Didn't go to a class B school, but curious what other Co-op schools do.  

Belfield completely repainted the purple, yellow, and white with the Notre Dame colors thanks to the co-op with South Heart.  That included the gym floor.  The only mention of Bantams anywhere is of the state tournament banners high up in the rafters.  South Heart (unless it's changed recently) decided to repaint their gym too - in the original maroon, yellow, and white colors of the Eagles.  

8 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

They should've co-op'd with Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg to be ...

the Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg-Central Valley Valiant Patriots. < facepalm > 

Logo: The MPCG Patriot on the CV horse. 

They should've called me. I'd give them an invoice for $50k for that. :D 

It would only be socially justice-ly fair, to have two identical Patriots on horses, to acknowledge and represent the Clifford Galesburg Twins.

36 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg?  What happened to Page-Hope-Clifford-Galesburg?  

Hope-Page coops with Finley-Sharon.  Finley is where the HS is.

Clifford-Galesburg became part of the Mayport school district, which is now officially Mayville Portland CG.

35 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Hope-Page coops with Finley-Sharon.  Finley is where the HS is.

Clifford-Galesburg became part of the Mayport school district, which is now officially Mayville Portland CG.

So what is the Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page co-op called?

I'm not local so I don't want to start anything but I was told it was made pretty clear by Hillsboro school board that the name would be Burros and not something new. Central Valley was okay with that because it was about giving students a chance to play sports  (and it was a Central Valley kid that hit the 3 pointer to win the state tournament). 

The old Red River Valley Conference

Central Valley Valiants

Cooperstown Lynx

Finley Wildcats

Hatton Flyers

Hillsboro Burros

Mayville Lions

Portland Pirates

Northwood Trojans

added Oak Grove Grovers in the late 60's and Larimore Polar Bears in the early 70's

(not sure about the dates)